Home

Madden NFL 15 Video - Simulated Season Stats

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Video - Simulated Season Stats within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2014, 03:15 PM   #353
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Madden NFL 15 Video - Simulated Season Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
There was something in one of the GC's threads that was similar and it was said at the time that it counts the last few games (including pre-season).
Yeah I linked my post instead of the thread, my bad. http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2046466930

So presumably those are events and confidence effects from more than just Week 1.
Old 08-24-2014, 03:31 PM   #354
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000
It's your money, do what you please. But simulated stats have never been spot on. And good QBs getting cut and winding up in free agency happened in the last CFM of Madden 25. And there's always been issues with progression/regression. For years, it was the fact that older running backs never lost a step.

Again, I don't know how this ruins CFM because that suggests these issues were fine before Madden 15. They weren't.

This does need to be patched, but if you played and enjoyed M25, or 13, or 12, this really isn't much different than what you had before.
Im sorry, but this logic is beyond terrible.

First off, no, simmed stats are never perfect, but I dont think anyone is expecting perfection, just not completely broken to the point where its so bad that it hurts the immersion factor.

Secondly, while I didnt play 13 or 25 enough to know, 12 certainly had better stats than this, even if they were off. And 25, based on what Ive SEEN, had better stats than this...at least after patches.

Third, even if that is the case, we are just supposed to accept mediocrity because its always been that way? Its logic why that why EA is allowed to get away with stuff like this. Because some people just let it slide or accept it. The game should be improving every year...and that includes fixing bugs and issues that they know exist. They are damn well aware that stats are an issue, yet they continue to come out messed up.

Fourth, alot of people DONT enjoy CFM because of that....at least not more than a season or 2. Thats not the only reason, but it is A reason.

Bottom line....even if some can overlook this issue, it doesnt change the fact that EA continuously ignores the problem that tons of fans complain about, and they end up patching....yet still dont actually fix the issue until a month after the new game comes out.

No one is asking for perfection....but there is a pretty huge divide between perfection and just straight up crap like this is.
Old 08-24-2014, 07:11 PM   #355
Just started!

CalhounLambeau's Arena

This is absolutely heartbreaking for me because I'm a offline franchise mode guy. I watched the video and it was literally the same crap I've witnessed the past few years. It's absurd. It's not a fluke. "It's one simulation." Give me a break. Where have you been? "Defense is emphsized now." Has nothing to do with it. The sim statistics are critically flawed. A patch? Really? You think they will patch this problem? It's been unchanged for years. They're just going to throw out a patch? Why? There's no patch.

Sent EA a tweet voicing my displeasure. Not purchasing. If you're an online player you have every reason to love this game. But guys like me, we're still scratching our heads wondering why these problems can't be easily fixed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2014, 07:22 PM   #356
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Well, if EA is listening:

Here's the "simple fix":

1) Tune the Sim Stat Engine

2) Give us the ability to toggle ON / OFF "Confidence" (which appears to be the MAIN source of reported issues)

You're Welcome!

Old 08-24-2014, 07:28 PM   #357
Just started!

CalhounLambeau's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiant1
Well, it's next gen now and they're still porting. They know this stuff is broken but until they get competition, they'll continue to tell us whatever they want and aren't held accountable.

EA is not getting another dime from me. These guys are crooks and liars
That Loomis fella over there at EA also promised the ability to be able to edit all players, teams, etc in the second year of connected careers. They're all about promises. If you're not for sure going to do it then don't tell everyone. It's a simple concept.
Old 08-24-2014, 07:31 PM   #358
Just started!

CalhounLambeau's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
Well, if EA is listening:

Here's the "simple fix":

1) Tune the Sim Stat Engine

2) Give us the ability to toggle ON / OFF "Confidence" (which appears to be the MAIN source of reported issues)

You're Welcome!

It seems every year they make up some lame system to change the teams ability throughout the season. What makes a team play differently throughout a season? It's injury and schedule. There's no need for a "confidence" system. It's absurd.
Old 08-24-2014, 07:45 PM   #359
Rookie

OVR: 4
I wrote this earlier. If you have 32 team control, you can make sure confidence is done for QB every time. Whatever hours you don't use, CPU will finish the rest
Old 08-24-2014, 07:50 PM   #360
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by angels28
I wrote this earlier. If you have 32 team control, you can make sure confidence is done for QB every time. Whatever hours you don't use, CPU will finish the rest
I agree that you have a valid workaround here, but I prefer single team control so I can compete with the CPU in FA...

As a result, I'd rather just toggle this "work in progress" off...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »