Home

Madden NFL 15 Video - Simulated Season Stats

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Video - Simulated Season Stats within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2014, 10:27 PM   #369
MVP

mjavon's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 Video - Simulated Season Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by angels28
How about if the broncos scheme is same as saints. Brees always hits 4000 and 30. You can change scheme if you become coach of broncos. Please try and let me know. Thanks.

Or perhaps it's tied to coach sliders? I know in NCAA I changed all coaches' aggressiveness value to 50 and got MUCH better sim stats
Old 08-24-2014, 10:45 PM   #370
Banned

iloveparkmin's Arena

OVR: 0

can anyone in here able to contact with Madden Devs to aware of this issue for sim engine stats is completely broken ? if anyone did then i hope They will listen to fans who making request for this issue to get good tweaked in next patch
Old 08-24-2014, 10:50 PM   #371
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
How did you play this? Did you control Peyton's team? Did you stop between each game he played and bumped up his confidence?
Yes. I controlled the Broncos. Went in to Game Prep before each game and used my hours on his confidence.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2014, 10:51 PM   #372
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Diesel
What are the scores of the games like? Are they low scoring overall or are the TDs weighted toward rushing ? Thats like 1.125 passing TDs a game.
Not sure I wasn't really keeping that detailed of notes.
Old 08-24-2014, 11:17 PM   #373
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

So to me it looks like Scoring across the league in the game is down.

Last year in the NFL there were 14 teams that scored 390 points on the season or more.

In my most recent Madden simulation only 3 teams scored 390 points or more.

In the NFL last year only 1 team scored less than 250 points. (Jax 247 pts.)

In my Madden simulation 7 teams scored less than 250 points, and 3 teams scored less than 200. The Raiders scored an anemic 117 points.

To me the scoring to INT and TD Pass to TD Rushing ratios seem right, it's the overall offensive output that seems low.

EDIT:
Upon further review it appears overall team rush attempts are too high, and team average per rush attempts may be a little too low, which would explain lower scoring and offensive output possibly.

Last edited by bkrich83; 08-24-2014 at 11:22 PM.
Old 08-24-2014, 11:19 PM   #374
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
So to me it looks like Scoring across the league in the game is down.

Last year in the NFL there were 14 teams that scored 390 points on the season or more.

In my most recent Madden simulation only 3 teams scored 390 points or more

In the NFL last year only 1 team scored less than 250 points. (Jax 247 pts.)

In my Madden simulation 7 teams scored less than 250 points, and 3 teams scored less than 200. The Raiders scored an anemic 117 points.

To me the scoring to INT and TD Pass to TD Rushing ratios seem right, it's the overall offensive output that seems low.
What length quarters are you using? Maybe set the quarter length to 15 minutes and run a sim? Just a thought.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 08-24-2014, 11:21 PM   #375
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt
King u been around a long time.. I have had many convos with u in other forums, here (years before), and I value ur opinion..however I don't think this is the sole issue here..I do understand that stats effect "confidence" which effect progression/regression..but the stats them self are a problem alone...average NFL stats would keep "confidence" in check and would be a nice feature..my worry is their solution will be to somehow turn off "confidence" all together..or worse..try and fix the stats but completely destroy them some how..what I can't wrap my head around is why it's so hard..the sim stat engine is separate from ratings/quarter length/even level of play.. I thought it was a stat engine they said was easy to tweak..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
While I DO think fixing the stat engine is a GREAT place to start, I think there's more to it...

My gut always tells me to look at the new features first...

And yes, I do agree that most times "fixing" one thing leads to "breaking" something else, so maybe the "toggle" option wouldn't do the trick...

As far as "tweaking the stat engine" goes:

THAT ship sailed when the removed the Coach Philosophy sliders that were once VERY responsive...then not so much...and then...gone...

That's been the case with Player Priorities and most recently, responsive penalty sliders that affected gameplay...

When we find the "backdoor workarounds" (historically) they begin the path to extinction...

Perhaps the "easiest" solution would be the fix the stat engine (including run / pass attempt ratio) and return to allowing the USER to edit players within CCM...

Regardless, I find it "amusing" that I seem to buy The Show to play baseball / NBA2k to play basketball and purchase Madden to see if I can help "fix" it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
You aren't understanding the issue.

The problem is progression/regression which in turn is affected by not only age but performance which in turn is directly affected by stats, and stats are manipulated by how the player plays his game, which in TURN is affected by his confidence level along with other factors like the defensive matchups, homefield adv, etc.

If a QB's confidence drops because not only did he lose a home game but he also threw 3-4 picks after a few games, then his ratings will take a hit and in some cases a drastic hit. Then he loses another game but still puts on a subpar performance, his confidence rating plummets and the QB never recovers.

This is the reason behind QB's like Peyton getting only 13 TD's in a season, or maybe Drew Brees, Andrew Luck, Stafford, Rodgers getting only 20 TD's in a season, etc.

THIS ends up affecting their season GOALS and they don't meet them which in turn causes drastic regression each year.

And rookie QB's NEVER progress ...even at 21 years old.

It boils down to a seriously broken confidence and game prep system.
Well said.

Confidence / Game Prep / CPU's Use of XP / Playbooks / Gameplans / Run v Pass Ratios are ALL possible contributing factors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I just simmed a season where I kept Peyton Mannings' confidence in the 90's all year.

3,900 yards, 66%, 18 TD, 7 INT

I don't think it's tied to confidence.
VERY intriguing...thanks!

Last edited by KingV2k3; 08-24-2014 at 11:55 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2014, 11:21 PM   #376
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
What length quarters are you using? Maybe set the quarter length to 15 minutes and run a sim? Just a thought.
I'll try that, and see what happens.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »