Home

The more games you play in a day?

This is a discussion on The more games you play in a day? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Forza Horizon 5 Review
Have Card-Collecting Modes Become Too Complicated?
Hockey Ultimate Team in NHL 22 Polishes Familiar Formula
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2014, 06:49 PM   #1
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Apr 2010
The more games you play in a day?

Does anyone else notice this that the more games you play in a day, the stupider your team gets? I almost always seem to win my first game in any given day, but the more I keep playing, the more things that were working just stop. My defense becomes unable to cover anyone (especially in zone coverage) blockers don't hold blocks for more than an instant and when I juke/spin with my RB, defenders don't ever bite on it.

I don't frequent here, but I cant be the only one that has noticed this and been frustrated by it.
gilder121 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2014, 07:22 PM   #2
@HoundsOfHowl
 
HoundsOfHowl's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 740
Blog Entries: 3
Re: The more games you play in a day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilder121
Does anyone else notice this that the more games you play in a day, the stupider your team gets? I almost always seem to win my first game in any given day, but the more I keep playing, the more things that were working just stop. My defense becomes unable to cover anyone (especially in zone coverage) blockers don't hold blocks for more than an instant and when I juke/spin with my RB, defenders don't ever bite on it.

I don't frequent here, but I cant be the only one that has noticed this and been frustrated by it.
No, but I do know on games that you have to beat a level to get past it, if I quit for a few hours and come back I find it extremely easy, rather than me playing a few hours and getting to that point.

Could be the same thing...maybe/maybe not
HoundsOfHowl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 07:31 PM   #3
Nothing to see here folks
 
oneamongthefence's Arena
 
OVR: 22
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 4,923
Blog Entries: 6
Re: The more games you play in a day?

If I had to guess, maybe your defense is on a cold streak? If I play a game since my quarters are only 10 minutes many players don't reach their weakly goal which puts them on a cold streak and their attributes drop.
__________________
Because I live in van down by the river...
oneamongthefence is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 07:37 PM   #4
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Apr 2010
Re: The more games you play in a day?

I should clarify. I mean online head to head.
gilder121 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 08:59 PM   #5
Banned
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2014
Re: The more games you play in a day?

Maybe you get mental fatigue and start choosing the wrong plays?
frankwest718 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2014, 11:23 PM   #6
Pro
 
Ampking101's Arena
 
OVR: 8
Join Date: Sep 2011
Re: The more games you play in a day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankwest718
Maybe you get mental fatigue
This, plus, I believe, the fact that every game plays out differently (even if you are replaying the same team).

What happens more often than not (this also goes for me 10x fold) is that the more you play the more likely you are to keep doing what works. The problem, presents itself when you fall into a rut, when things that worked stop working, you continue to try what worked and that's the key word there, worked (keep in mind I'm not just talking about plays I'm talking about everything from the side of the field you are playing on defense, to the reciever/route you throw to the most).

When you take a break and come back fresh, you are more likely to take a different approach even if it feels the same. Add on top of this that the equations that are run for each play always change and I personally believe that they also change game to game and this is why it seems at times you can't do anything right, while other times it feels like you can't do anything wrong.
__________________

Ampking101 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 02:28 AM   #7
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Apr 2010
Re: The more games you play in a day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampking101
This, plus, I believe, the fact that every game plays out differently (even if you are replaying the same team).

What happens more often than not (this also goes for me 10x fold) is that the more you play the more likely you are to keep doing what works. The problem, presents itself when you fall into a rut, when things that worked stop working, you continue to try what worked and that's the key word there, worked (keep in mind I'm not just talking about plays I'm talking about everything from the side of the field you are playing on defense, to the reciever/route you throw to the most).

When you take a break and come back fresh, you are more likely to take a different approach even if it feels the same. Add on top of this that the equations that are run for each play always change and I personally believe that they also change game to game and this is why it seems at times you can't do anything right, while other times it feels like you can't do anything wrong.
I certainly have considered this and I still don't discount it. I just feel like I see a lot more straight blown coverages. I'm talking the cover four shaded inside not being within 10 yards of a deep seam (with no other route in the area) or the quarter quarter half with a purple zone (from a fast lb) on the quarters side getting abused by corner routes to that side. Stuff that normally is covered but some games it just seems like anything I call my team is incapable of executing. It just seems much more common to be underpowered after I've played a few games. I don't know. Maybe it all is in my head but I have played a lot of madden this year and this has been bugging me for a long time.
gilder121 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 07:17 AM   #8
Pro
 
Ampking101's Arena
 
OVR: 8
Join Date: Sep 2011
Re: The more games you play in a day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilder121
I certainly have considered this and I still don't discount it. I just feel like I see a lot more straight blown coverages. I'm talking the cover four shaded inside not being within 10 yards of a deep seam (with no other route in the area) or the quarter quarter half with a purple zone (from a fast lb) on the quarters side getting abused by corner routes to that side. Stuff that normally is covered but some games it just seems like anything I call my team is incapable of executing. It just seems much more common to be underpowered after I've played a few games. I don't know. Maybe it all is in my head but I have played a lot of madden this year and this has been bugging me for a long time.

This could also be the case of when you first get on, your defense seems to hold their own against the first player you face but for this conversation I'm assuming you are facing a variety of opponents. It could also very well come down to gameplan (e.g. maybe the previous player didn't execute a lot of out routes effectively which is why you could cover it easily with them but the next player throws one in every other play and so he finds more opportunities to make it work).

I'll also add on to this by saying (and I'm guilty of this at times). If I've been doing really well and I face an opponent who seems to just abuse my defense, I can start getting flustered and that makes my play style more erratic which then makes the problem even more so. That on top of everything else I mentioned could be an accumulation to bring you to the problem that you are facing.

It could also simply be that you are just experiencing some screwy coding, equations, ai, etc. the longer you play, I mean it still is a game that has to process everything through a code which then tells the ai to react. While this could be the problem, I would be more inclined to put the blame on anything above before I would put the majority of the blame on this though.
__________________

Ampking101 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:09 PM.

Top -