Home

Old 08-19-2014, 01:33 PM   #73
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Madden 15 Videos Day 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art1bk
Idk but these videos aren't getting me excited to get this game. I've bought madden every year, but it's sad that these animations still look very stiff and bad for the next gen consoles. The tackles look unrealistic and players just fall like rag dolls when they run into a defender. I see zero penalties being called. Maybe I'm getting older, but I'm not too thrilled with the state of this game and we all know at this point it should be a lot better. The graphics look better, but the gameplay doesn't look improved much from these videos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, i am losing excitement too. there are just so many little things that could be addressed. But they all add up, and it takes away from the game. It looks like stats are broken again too.

I am definitely taking a wait and see approach again this year before buying this game.
Old 08-19-2014, 01:36 PM   #74
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrtkolman
Madden definitely needs a re-write. I'm sure the code is a mess at this point. Next gen would have been a perfect time to do that, if they were to just skip last year. We all know that wasn't a possibility however.
They ARE rewriting the game. One piece at a time. However, who is to say that the engineers writing the new code are not going to have the same shortcomings and make the same mistakes as the ones on last gen? Or maybe it is the same ones? No one knows, but rewrites are not always the answer. In this case, it doesn't do any good to rewrite something if the rewrite doesn't work. Just look at how many times zone coverage has been rewritten. 12, 13 and 25 all had touts of "rewritten" zone coverage. Then, when 15 is about to come out, we are told (by the devs themselves mind you), that zone coverage was broken in 25. Read and react didn't work right. We look at video for 15, and while some facets may be better, it takes less than 10 seconds to see players standing still, flat footed and letting receivers run free. Even in real life when in zone, players do not stand perfectly still flat on their feet. Always on the balls of your feet and ready to react. Also, we've already been told that an "unpatchable" glaring bug is going to be shipped with the game on the O line. Why it is "unpatchable" is beyond me, but that's what we were told.

Needless to say, we still lack penalties, challenges that work right, realistic injuries, formation subs, tru step for all 22, WR/DEF interactions, defensive assignments, etc. etc. All of which were done well in years past in other football games.

Like I said, everyone wants a rewrite, but a rewrite only makes sense if you are writing far better code the second time around and in the case of this developer, you'll never convince me that is the case.
Old 08-19-2014, 01:44 PM   #75
Banned

JetLife6's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
They ARE rewriting the game. One piece at a time. However, who is to say that the engineers writing the new code are not going to have the same shortcomings and make the same mistakes as the ones on last gen? Or maybe it is the same ones? No one knows, but rewrites are not always the answer. In this case, it doesn't do any good to rewrite something if the rewrite doesn't work. Just look at how many times zone coverage has been rewritten. 12, 13 and 25 all had touts of "rewritten" zone coverage. Then, when 15 is about to come out, we are told (by the devs themselves mind you), that zone coverage was broken in 25. Read and react didn't work right. We look at video for 15, and while some facets may be better, it takes less than 10 seconds to see players standing still, flat footed and letting receivers run free. Even in real life when in zone, players do not stand perfectly still flat on their feet. Always on the balls of your feet and ready to react. Also, we've already been told that an "unpatchable" glaring bug is going to be shipped with the game on the O line. Why it is "unpatchable" is beyond me, but that's what we were told.

Needless to say, we still lack penalties, challenges that work right, realistic injuries, formation subs, tru step for all 22, WR/DEF interactions, defensive assignments, etc. etc. All of which were done well in years past in other football games.

Like I said, everyone wants a rewrite, but a rewrite only makes sense if you are writing far better code the second time around and in the case of this developer, you'll never convince me that is the case.

Precisely. Not to mention we don't know who is coding these games. They could just rewrite it to be plain awful again.

We are just in too deep at this point where I feel that unless something else comes up that can challenge this franchise... we will always have the same issues popping up. A full rewrite/ scrap of what they already have will never happen. We will always see animations that were there 8 years ago. It is just what it has become.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2014, 01:47 PM   #76
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76

I agree except for the part about True Step for all 22, no football game has had that because the older consoles didn't allow for that many animations per step.

Want something in Madden added or fixed? Vote for it here http://www.ranker.com/list/top-reque...WlKfF9iZbujQ.0

Madden 15 will be the turning point of the Madden franchise
Old 08-19-2014, 01:50 PM   #77
Oh Deer!

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I agree except for the part about True Step for all 22, no football game has had that because the older consoles didn't allow for that many animations per step.
Thats still no excuse for Madden 15 to not have it being that this is not even the first year of true step. All we are asking for is realistic footplanting, not this sliding all over the field thats been going on forever. Im not that big of a FIFA fan but many have said footplanting is in that game. Well didnt they tell us Ignite allows for sharing of technology ? so why wasnt it shared ?
Old 08-19-2014, 01:55 PM   #78
MVP

Shaffer26's Arena

OVR: 14

Man, I really want to like this game, but in every video I watch there is always some cringe worthy footage...
Old 08-19-2014, 02:31 PM   #79
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
My only problem is true step didn't change the game for the better as much as I expected it to. Even for ball carriers the calculations are wrong and off at times. Sometimes too many step are taken when not needed. Other times not enough steps are taken. Then there are times when sliding occurs instead of plants. Also CPU ballcarriers don't always adhere to the rules of "true step" that are put on the human player. I respected that being the first year implemented, but to know they still haven't refined it enough for it to be "marketed" bothers me. The same problems probably still exist, but I'll hold off judgement until I play myself.

My point is even though this "true step" technology hasn't existed before, it still hasn't resulted in more realistic player movement than APF.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 08-19-2014, 02:35 PM   #80
Banned

JetLife6's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
My only problem is true step didn't change the game for the better as much as I expected it to. Even for ball carriers the calculations are wrong and off at times. Sometimes too many step are taken when not needed. Other times not enough steps are taken. Then there are times when sliding occurs instead of plants. Also CPU ballcarriers don't always adhere to the rules of "true step" that are put on the human player. I respected that being the first year implemented, but to know they still haven't refined it enough for it to be "marketed" bothers me. The same problems probably still exist, but I'll hold off judgement until I play myself.

My point is even though this "true step" technology hasn't existed before, it still hasn't resulted in more realistic player movement than APF.
My problem with Tibruon is that they feel the need to advertise 'TRUE STEP' as a cutting edge.. game changer. And then not implement it properly.

Oh.. so not sliding around on grass like an ice skater is a ground breaking feature?

Foot planting is basic fundamentals. I don't see why it needs to be a back of the box bolded feature.. what does that say about player movement and locomotion pre madden 25?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »