Home

Old 08-19-2014, 10:33 AM   #33
Banned

JetLife6's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 15 Videos Day 3

I just don't really understand some of tiburons decisions. Especially in the presentation realm.

For the huddles.. it seems that they are always just a vignette of the players.. and the real body types and players come in once they break from the huddle. So does this mean If I'm the eagles and im playing with Mark Sanchez.. that foles will still be in the huddle? (seems evident as Foles is in the huddle while this guy has his created player in at QB)

this is from clint on twitter:

'one thing for you: your player size in the huddle: we use a vignette for the huddle screen - all the same - but after it cuts, the different body types show up on the field.'

It just doesnt make sense and totally kills any illusion of real time presentation.. Even the post play reactions and touchdowns do not look nearly as polished as I hoped they would be... I've already seen plenty of TD's where the player catches it and just walks back to the sideline slowly.. showing no emotion. Just baffling to me.
Old 08-19-2014, 10:40 AM   #34
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetLife6
I just don't really understand some of tiburons decisions. Especially in the presentation realm.

For the huddles.. it seems that they are always just a vignette of the players.. and the real body types and players come in once they break from the huddle. So does this mean If I'm the eagles and im playing with Mark Sanchez.. that foles will still be in the huddle? (seems evident as Foles is in the huddle while this guy has his created player in at QB)

this is from clint on twitter:

'one thing for you: your player size in the huddle: we use a vignette for the huddle screen - all the same - but after it cuts, the different body types show up on the field.'

It just doesnt make sense and totally kills any illusion of real time presentation.. Even the post play reactions and touchdowns do not look nearly as polished as I hoped they would be... I've already seen plenty of TD's where the player catches it and just walks back to the sideline slowly.. showing no emotion. Just baffling to me.
We all agree Madden has A TON of work to go.. BUT... 15 is a GREAT step in the direction it needs to go to.
Old 08-19-2014, 10:43 AM   #35
MVP

underdog13's Arena

Bears v Vikings 2nd half
Go to 2:30
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_H2qZ...ature=youtu.be

Such a awesome looking play
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2014, 10:47 AM   #36
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmoe
How is that a safety against the Texans on the punt return?
He gets hit about the 3 and stumbles back and falls in the end zone, not a safety, forward motion stopped ,ball should be placed on the 3. Oh well

And yea they still have a lot of cutscenes it's not all live.
That $hit has happened to me more than once! lol, absolutely correct, sir. Ball should be spotted on the 3, forward progress. Madden has always had some ball spotting issues. I've seen it go both ways, though. Overall, I'd like to see that "stumbling" animation OUT of the game. That type of thing does happen, people stumble, but this particular animation almost always feels entirely unrealistic in madden, and oftentimes doesn't work with the momentum and physics of the play and ultimately results in 3-5 of extra yardage gained or lost that shouldn't have happened. And, here is the perfect example of an awkward stumble backwards, and the madden logic doesn't interpret forward progress properly. So, strangely, it actually has some bit of effect on yardage in the game, imo.
Old 08-19-2014, 10:54 AM   #37
Banned

Speaking of cut scenes im already getting tired of the Qb run out one, its too repetitive, their all the same, and the quarterbacks all move and run the exact same. It was cool the first few times, but now its redundant.
Old 08-19-2014, 11:28 AM   #38
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
Bears v Vikings 2nd half

Go to 2:30

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_H2qZ...ature=youtu.be

Such a awesome looking play

I must admit. That was nice to see.
Old 08-19-2014, 11:31 AM   #39
Banned

JetLife6's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
We all agree Madden has A TON of work to go.. BUT... 15 is a GREAT step in the direction it needs to go to.
I keep hearing this.. and while I do agree that they are making strides..
I still feel like it is pretty limited.

Like some have said.. I have already grown tired of some of the pre and post play animations. Very repetitive and lacking in variety... and the game isn't even out yet!

How many times have you seen the player grab his helmet from the bench and throw it up in the air and catch it? I think i've seen it in every video.
Old 08-19-2014, 11:39 AM   #40
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetLife6
I keep hearing this.. and while I do agree that they are making strides..
I still feel like it is pretty limited.

Like some have said.. I have already grown tired of some of the pre and post play animations. Very repetitive and lacking in variety... and the game isn't even out yet!

How many times have you seen the player grab his helmet from the bench and throw it up in the air and catch it? I think i've seen it in every video.
Again to be fair though. It is a video game. There's only so much they can do with it before it will start repeating and do the same stuff. The ONLY way to eliminate repetitiveness in sports game commentary and presentation is continually adding new stuff to a server, and through an online connection, your game organically gets a feed of contextually correct well, whatever it is.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »