Home

Old 08-19-2014, 12:53 PM   #65
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Madden 15 Videos Day 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetLife6
Like does it bother anyone else that games like NBA 2k have 1000 accessory options... but madden everyone looks the same?

Like watching the skins/browns game last night... RG3 had his sleeve on.. and a very short compression shirt coming out of his other arm. It looked so cool and unique. We can never achieve this uniqueness in madden (or any ea game for the matter) because we never get enough options.

I know these arent gameplay gripes.. and they dont necessarily affect the game.. but it seriously affects how the game looks.
As a presentation person it definitely bothers me. I liked to be immersed in the game of the sport that I'm playing. Madden wants me to always remember it's a videogame and not an experience. They don't strive to make an experience, they strive to make a videogame. There's nothing wrong with that, but if I don't get the feeling that they are doing that within the next year or two, just cut the sim talk and give us all a break.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2014, 12:54 PM   #66
Banned

JetLife6's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
I think these are valid gripes. When I see new details I get more enjoyment out of the title—especially with how good so many aspects of Madden look on PS4. I brought it up before, I don't think I'm alone as the NCAA 07-14 and Madden 25 PS4 photo threads are massive on these boards.

Maybe it is a testament to the trend of instant gratification where the general Madden gamer is looking for a more narrow experience focusing solely on playing the game, and so the devs really have a mandate to narrow their focus similarly.

For me, I love to pause and watch plays over and over, close up, different angles, admire the uniform details, the field, the stadium, the lighting.

A lot of our complaints also aren't about adding new stuff, it's just making sure visual stuff that was in the game doesn't disappear.
Exactly. So many little things that were once done well.. have been taken out. for no reason at all..

like the nfl films music during replays.. why would they remove this? They have had the rights to the music for years and just decide to remove it? (they obviously didn't lose any rights to it.. as they have tons of properties that belong to NFL films. They also still use the nfl films music occasionally in their commercials)

Some of the things will continue to just baffle me.. Have you seen the Jets endzone in metlife? it is like neon green. It is a dark forest green in real life. Again, very small detail.. but it absolutely kills playing in met life for me. Cuz it looks so bad.

Also brought up to the equipment guru dustin smith on twitter that the eagles had changed their uniforms to the Nike 51 elite model this year. He had no idea. I'm guessing those won't be in the game now either. Where is this unprecedented relationship with the nfl that we are always hearing about?
Old 08-19-2014, 01:01 PM   #67
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Also brought up to the equipment guru dustin smith on twitter that the eagles had changed their uniforms to the Nike 51 elite model this year. He had no idea. I'm guessing those won't be in the game now either. Where is this unprecedented relationship with the nfl that we are always hearing about?
To be fair, I heard the Eagles have to wear their blacks for quite a while into the season due to the fact that the green dye wasn't available for the new 51 elites. Maybe the Madden art guys are having issues with the green color too.

All this said, I'm not bashing Madden. I enjoy the game, did last year, and am looking forward to 15. Just offering some criticism and things I'd like to see cleaned up.
Old 08-19-2014, 01:02 PM   #68
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Like does it bother anyone else that games like NBA 2k have 1000 accessory options... but madden everyone looks the same?

Like watching the skins/browns game last night... RG3 had his sleeve on.. and a very short compression shirt coming out of his other arm. It looked so cool and unique. We can never achieve this uniqueness in madden (or any ea game for the matter) because we never get enough options.

I know these arent gameplay gripes.. and they dont necessarily affect the game.. but it seriously affects how the game looks.
It's a small thing, but it would go far to make players stand out if they would add mouthpieces back into the game, especially since a lot of players wear them. Adrian Peterson would look more true to life, for example.
Old 08-19-2014, 01:04 PM   #69
Banned

JetLife6's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
To be fair, I heard the Eagles have to wear their blacks for quite a while into the season due to the fact that the green dye wasn't available for the new 51 elites. Maybe the Madden art guys are having issues with the green color too.

All this said, I'm not bashing Madden. I enjoy the game, did last year, and am looking forward to 15. Just offering some criticism and things I'd like to see cleaned up.
Yeah I heard that too. haha but it is the same template of jersey that maybe 15 teams wear... can't be THAT difficult to replicate for the eagles. Maybe it is who knows. lol

I'm not bashing madden either.. I buy it every year.. probably since 1996. I just am sick of these legacy issues that keep growing and growing. Especially in the presentation and equipment realm.
Old 08-19-2014, 01:10 PM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 1

There were some really nice things in those videos.

- In the Bears/Eagles game, Fuller played real tight coverage on his man. He was locked onto a curl route and pick 6'd the user as he threw it way too late.
- The crowd sounds better but I still think it can be improved a lot more. Crowd noise is huge for me as it really adds to the atmosphere of the game.
- Inaccurate passes were nice to see. I assume these were all played on default slider settings, so lower accuracy settings would help this even more.
- I know there are lots of complaints about tackling, but I thought they seemed fine. They at least weren't completely unrealistic. Bigger players seemed to have some weight to them as well, Kyle Rudolph took a while to go down as he was being tackled by multiple cornerbacks.

Things I have issues with:
- There still seems to be a lack of explosiveness from players, most notable when controlled by the AI. Every AI controlled running back runs like Toby Gerhart. The AI never tries to use any moves in the open field to beat their man, they just essentially give up whenever a defender gets close.
- AI QB pocket presence is still awful. This is the #1 reason the CPU always has a hard time scoring against me. Sacks happen way too often and they always kill drives. In the AZ/SF game, Carson Palmer never stepped up into the pocket to avoid pressure. He would just run back and take the sack. Awful.
- I hate the whole "Yes/No" outcomes when using moves. Jump the Snap was pretty overpowered a few years back because through practice you would be able to "Perfect" that technique and beat your man pretty much every time. These new rush moves look pretty overpowered as well. Hopefully sliders affect this. If I'm controlling a crappy DE against Joe Thomas, even if I "Perfect" every pass rush move I should still get shut down the entire game.

The gameplay overall looks to be improved. The glaring issue of the CPU not being able to generate consistent offense against you seems to still be a problem however.
Old 08-19-2014, 01:13 PM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
I definitely think it does. NCAA had all sorts of odd things for years, like editing the body of RB's would turn their arms skinny. If you edited attributes of o-linemen in Xan's external editor o-linemen legs would turn skinny (from editing attribute values only!). Not only that stuff, but guys have done some serious editing, and made the game play entirely differently, and even animate differently (triggering new animations, gameplay looking more fluid, etc...).

I have to believe there is just a terrible fundamental technology base in Madden carried over cycle to cycle from who knows how far back.

I know NHL and FIFA get a decent amount of hate, but I really am amazed by some of the gameplay design elements, and simulation facets I can achieve on higher difficulties with all manual controls, no assists, and some slider adjustments.

Madden is better, no doubt, but we still see many of the same issues and mistakes reappear any given cycle.
Madden definitely needs a re-write. I'm sure the code is a mess at this point. Next gen would have been a perfect time to do that, if they were to just skip last year. We all know that wasn't a possibility however.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2014, 01:20 PM   #72
MVP

Artman22's Arena

OVR: 26

Idk but these videos aren't getting me excited to get this game. I've bought madden every year, but it's sad that these animations still look very stiff and bad for the next gen consoles. The tackles look unrealistic and players just fall like rag dolls when they run into a defender. I see zero penalties being called. Maybe I'm getting older, but I'm not too thrilled with the state of this game and we all know at this point it should be a lot better. The graphics look better, but the gameplay doesn't look improved much from these videos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »