Home

EA Access Gives You Just Six Hours Of Madden NFL 15 Gameplay

This is a discussion on EA Access Gives You Just Six Hours Of Madden NFL 15 Gameplay within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 12:26 AM   #537
MVP

ricky24's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA Access Gives You Just Six Hours Of Madden NFL 15 Gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAV
EA Access was available before this information came out, so we didn't know.

I would not have bought it if I had known.

You bought ea access knowing it could possibly be two hours of early play time. You should be happy you get triple that.
Old 08-19-2014, 12:28 AM   #538
GAV
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky24
You bought ea access knowing it could possibly be two hours of early play time. You should be happy you get triple that.
I never thought that was a possibility.

2 hours, I knew, was going to be for Dragon Age.
Old 08-19-2014, 12:30 AM   #539
Gatekeeper

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

As someone who looked at this service for the early access portion of it, this does me no good. 6 hours? Why bother, to download it if I only get 6 hours of play?

While not the end of the world, for me and people like me it makes the service worthless. I am not sure of the point of limiting it to 6 hours.
Old 08-19-2014, 12:30 AM   #540

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAV

They made it clear out of the gate that there would be limitations to the time played though so it's nothing we didn't know.

I'm going to leave the discussion at this point though since I have to be up in about 5 hours. Please understand, I get the frustration, I really do.

All I will say is that at some point we as consumers have to accept responsibility for ourselves.

Blaming others is convenient but not always the only way to go. Sometimes we have to look in the mirror.

I really hope it all works out for you. Take care.
Old 08-19-2014, 12:31 AM   #541
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4
I agree with alot of people that EA access has enough value and worth to most at $30 a year. I am however not surprised at the outrage alot are feeling and am actually quite surprised by what EA has done with their announcement today.
To me there is 1 of 2 things going on.
1. EA said limited time trials was something EA access was going to do. EA figured people knew that, and then went about releasing the 6 hour information later in the manner they had planned all along feeling the consumer had a rough idea what they were getting and all is good. if this is the case then thats some short sighted naive thinking. someone had to know there would be outcry.
2. (disclaimer that this opinion is based on EA season ticket was 3 days prior to release) I think its fair that a lot of people assumed, inclunding myself, that the EA access would not be such a dramatic drop from 3 days to 6 hours and bought the subscription. EA saying 5 days early sounds awesome and sells subscriptions. its really a no brainer IMO. My 6 hours will probably be used up on day 1 truthfully so why do I care if its 5 days early or 1 day early.

I will admit its probably my fault for not being a better buyer but I also feel like I was tricked. maybe I shouldnt feel that way but I do.

All in all however, ill live and move on. I do believe EA access is good and has honestly great value but truthfully I wouldnt have bought it other than for playing games early and I think EA knows that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2014, 12:31 AM   #542
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAV

This begs the question, why did you buy something when you didn't know all of the details? It's been shown that EA stated that games would be available for a limited time. You have said that you assumed Madden wouldn't be part of that. Whose fault is that? I don't see why EA is to blame for your own lack of patience.

Watch me play video games
Old 08-19-2014, 12:34 AM   #543
Gatekeeper

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
They made it clear out of the gate that there would be limitations to the time played though so it's nothing we didn't know.

I'm going to leave the discussion at this point though since I have to be up in about 5 hours. Please understand, I get the frustration, I really do.

All I will say is that at some point we as consumers have to accept responsibility for ourselves.

Blaming others is convenient but not always the only way to go. Sometimes we have to look in the mirror.

I really hope it all works out for you. Take care.
I disagree with how clear it was. There was some definite ambiguity in the releases that I read. However that ambiguity is what led me to wait to make a purchase until more facts were known. Glad I waited.
Old 08-19-2014, 12:35 AM   #544
MVP

pmurray20's Arena

OVR: 9

since I didn't read a lot online, I had no idea it would be limited since on the xbox to download it said nothing about limited. It said something about playing all weekend from the couch or whatever. Im only mad that its 6 hours since im off all weekend and will do that in one day. With my friends it takes 6 hours to do a fantasy draft lol. Im eager to see what they say about all the negativity. I only spent 5 dollars just for this game since I already had battlefield fifa and madden 25

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »