Home

EA Access Gives You Just Six Hours Of Madden NFL 15 Gameplay

This is a discussion on EA Access Gives You Just Six Hours Of Madden NFL 15 Gameplay within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 22: 11 Features to Improve Stadium Creator
MXGP 2021 Review
Football Manager 22 Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2014, 10:47 AM   #601
Banned
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jun 2014
Re: EA Access Gives You Just Six Hours Of Madden NFL 15 Gameplay

They say its better to not have it at all than to have it, then have it taken away from you. Its really gonna suck for those who use their 6 hours in the first day and have to wait four more days to play the game, ouch.
I don't get my console til release day so I couldn't play it early if I wanted too.
Messed up what EA did, theirs no way to justify not disclosing all terms upon announcement of the program. I guess they are not confident in Madden 15, FIFA is getting a demo, NHL is getting a demo, im pretty sure NBA Live will be getting a demo too, but not Madden, wonder why? Anyway Ill probably still getting EA Access, only $30/year, we get the vault and access to try out some games early, not a bad deal. I wonder how long single player games will get, probably like an hour at the most.
Mr.Smif is offline  
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2014, 10:48 AM   #602
****
 
ubernoob's Arena
 
OVR: 24
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Santa Maria, CA
Posts: 15,579
Re: EA Access Gives You Just Six Hours Of Madden NFL 15 Gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShavarHayes
Is my fanboyism clouding my level of optimism?
Very much so, to put it bluntly.

I'm not saying it's impossible for that to happen - nothing is impossible. There's a very very small chance that it would ever happen though.

I'd say "hopefully it does" for those that want it... but I don't want EA to continue getting paid (for reasons other than sports games. Their sports games are just fine for what they are.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Smif
Messed up what EA did, theirs no way to justify not disclosing all terms upon announcement of the program.
Uhh... They absolutely DID disclose the terms, to everybody, the day it was announced. Except they said two and over-delivered here.
__________________
bad

Last edited by ubernoob; 08-19-2014 at 10:57 AM.
ubernoob is offline  
Old 08-19-2014, 10:52 AM   #603
Rookie
 
Beardown's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Aug 2003
Re: EA Access Gives You Just Six Hours Of Madden NFL 15 Gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShavarHayes
So am I the only one that feels like EA just may reverse this decision based on all the negative feedback? Sure, it'd be reactive, but they have the power to this for Madden. A LOT of people canceled their subscription after hearing this news. I'm not arguing the value of thedeal, it's actually a great deal...but I think it's safe to assume that a lot of gamers would've held out for a while had the Madden specifics been known from the jump. Madden is on its own island, and for many of us, this is the only game we get AS HYPED for, every year. Am I alone in thinking there may be a reversal? Is my fanboyism clouding my level of optimism?
If EA had announced 6 hours in the beginning and there was backlash maybe there would be a chance but seeing as how they waited for no reason that tells you they knew gamers would not be happy. So this reaction is not unexpected and thus the chances for a reversal are low.
Beardown is offline  
Old 08-19-2014, 10:52 AM   #604
MVP
 
Gorilla Glass's Arena
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Aug 2010
Re: EA Access Gives You Just Six Hours Of Madden NFL 15 Gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubernoob
I know.

I even said this here, multiple times. Almost exactly 3 weeks ago. You know how long it took for someone (that's even in this thread defending this 'decision' [which it never really was]) to tell me I was wrong? Five. Five minutes.

Everyone got their hopes up for no reason. They did this to themselves, in all honesty. I know everyone wanted it early but that was never going to be part of EA Access.
Many were under the impression that this was a service to replace the Season ticket, especially since the service was pulled and EA stalled out on the Madden Demo.

I'm very curious on when the decision to come up with 6 hours of gameplay. In the context of Madden 15 what's the telemetry on that number 6.
Gorilla Glass is offline  
Old 08-19-2014, 10:59 AM   #605
****
 
ubernoob's Arena
 
OVR: 24
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Santa Maria, CA
Posts: 15,579
Re: EA Access Gives You Just Six Hours Of Madden NFL 15 Gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Glass
Many were under the impression that this was a service to replace the Season ticket, especially since the service was pulled and EA stalled out on the Madden Demo.

I'm very curious on when the decision to come up with 6 hours of gameplay. In the context of Madden 15 what's the telemetry on that number 6.
Unsure where the 6 hours decision came from, but those under that impression is only their own fault.

It was stated many times. Both by EA and Microsoft/Major Nelson and users here.

Mob mentality here had everyone drooling over getting the game early when that was never the case, and they didn't want to listen.
__________________
bad
ubernoob is offline  
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2014, 10:59 AM   #606
(aka Alberto)
 
aholbert32's Arena
 
OVR: 44
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 32,981
Blog Entries: 8
Re: EA Access Gives You Just Six Hours Of Madden NFL 15 Gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubernoob
I know.

I even said this here, multiple times. Almost exactly 3 weeks ago. You know how long it took for someone (that's even in this thread defending this 'decision' [which it never really was]) to tell me I was wrong? Five. Five minutes.

Everyone got their hopes up for no reason. They did this to themselves, in all honesty. I know everyone wanted it early but that was never going to be part of EA Access.

I think thats a little disingenuous. There were multiple reasons to get your hopes up.

1) With the exception of the Vault, this program is very similar to EA's Season Ticket. Its not unreasonable to assume that Access would be similar to Season Ticket when it came to game trials.

2) There is no reason to limit sports games to amount as low as a 6 hrs. This isnt Dragon Age where someone could beat the game within those hrs. Shoot, even with Season Ticket I wasnt able to complete a mode in any sports game with the entire weekend.

3) EA was being purposely vague about the length of time for sports games with the "no shorter than 2 hrs" line. They knew people would assume it would be similar to ST and Madden fans who were overeager would jump the gun and subscribe to the service. "No shorter" is open ended and could mean the entire weekend or 2 hrs and 1 minute. The only thing people had to go on was the time they give for ST.

Now should people have waited before purchasing? Sure. Thats why I'm not mad about the one month I paid for. But lets not act like EA didnt play a role in people getting their hopes up.
aholbert32 is offline  
Old 08-19-2014, 11:04 AM   #607
****
 
ubernoob's Arena
 
OVR: 24
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Santa Maria, CA
Posts: 15,579
Re: EA Access Gives You Just Six Hours Of Madden NFL 15 Gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I think thats a little disingenuous. There were multiple reasons to get your hopes up.

1) With the exception of the Vault, this program is very similar to EA's Season Ticket. Its not unreasonable to assume that Access would be similar to Season Ticket when it came to game trials.

2) There is no reason to limit sports games to amount as low as a 6 hrs. This isnt Dragon Age where someone could beat the game within those hrs. Shoot, even with Season Ticket I wasnt able to complete a mode in any sports game with the entire weekend.

3) EA was being purposely vague about the length of time for sports games with the "no shorter than 2 hrs" line. They knew people would assume it would be similar to ST and Madden fans who were overeager would jump the gun and subscribe to the service. "No shorter" is open ended and could mean the entire weekend or 2 hrs and 1 minute. The only thing people had to go on was the time they give for ST.

Now should people have waited before purchasing? Sure. Thats why I'm not mad about the one month I paid for. But lets not act like EA didnt play a role in people getting their hopes up.
I hate doing this, because (as I said above) I despise EA and I have to shower after 'defending' them... but they didn't really mislead anyone here. They may have been vague about the specific time, but not about what the program entails.

Their press release specifically said that it would be a trial of all games.

This is pulled directly from their press release on their site that was posted July 29.

Quote:
Play First – Membership in EA Access lets you experience trials of new EA games up to five days before the release date.* It starts with Madden NFL 15, NHL 15, FIFA 15, NBA LIVE 15, and Dragon Age: Inquisition, but more are on the way. If you decide to buy the game, your progress will carry over so you can pick up right where you left off.
It's just a case of groupthink getting to people in this instance.

(edit: I don't despise EA Sports, just EA in general. Sports is actually the one part of EA I don't absolutely despise.)
__________________
bad

Last edited by ubernoob; 08-19-2014 at 11:06 AM.
ubernoob is offline  
Old 08-19-2014, 11:09 AM   #608
(aka Alberto)
 
aholbert32's Arena
 
OVR: 44
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 32,981
Blog Entries: 8
Re: EA Access Gives You Just Six Hours Of Madden NFL 15 Gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubernoob
I hate doing this, because (as I said above) I despise EA and I have to shower after 'defending' them... but they didn't really mislead anyone here. They may have been vague about the specific time, but not about what the program entails.

Their press release specifically said that it would be a trial of all games.

This is pulled directly from their press release on their site that was posted July 29.



It's just a case of groupthink getting to people in this instance.

(edit: I don't despise EA Sports, just EA in general. Sports is actually the one part of EA I don't absolutely despise.)
I dont get your point here. A trial can be a whole weekend or 1 hr. Season Ticket was considered a trial too.
aholbert32 is offline  
Closed Thread


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:31 AM.

Top -