Home

EA Access Gives You Just Six Hours Of Madden NFL 15 Gameplay

This is a discussion on EA Access Gives You Just Six Hours Of Madden NFL 15 Gameplay within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Forza Horizon 5 Review
Have Card-Collecting Modes Become Too Complicated?
Hockey Ultimate Team in NHL 22 Polishes Familiar Formula
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2014, 11:10 AM   #609
MVP
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Mar 2010
Re: EA Access Gives You Just Six Hours Of Madden NFL 15 Gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubernoob
I hate doing this, because (as I said above) I despise EA and I have to shower after 'defending' them... but they didn't really mislead anyone here. They may have been vague about the specific time, but not about what the program entails.

Their press release specifically said that it would be a trial of all games.

This is pulled directly from their press release on their site that was posted July 29.



It's just a case of groupthink getting to people in this instance.

(edit: I don't despise EA Sports, just EA in general. Sports is actually the one part of EA I don't absolutely despise.)
A trial could be mean no time limit. There are 14 and 30 day trials for plenty of services. No reason it couldn't have been a full 5 day trial. That is a bad example.
Mauer4MVP is offline  
Old 08-19-2014, 11:14 AM   #610
MVP
 
Gorilla Glass's Arena
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Aug 2010
Re: EA Access Gives You Just Six Hours Of Madden NFL 15 Gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I dont get your point here. A trial can be a whole weekend or 1 hr. Season Ticket was considered a trial too.
A trial period is a non specific time period and Season Ticket is more of a 'trial' because subscribers weren't afforded full access.
Gorilla Glass is offline  
Old 08-19-2014, 11:14 AM   #611
Pro
 
speedtrucker's Arena
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Chicago, Texas
Re: EA Access Gives You Just Six Hours Of Madden NFL 15 Gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I think thats a little disingenuous. There were multiple reasons to get your hopes up.

1) With the exception of the Vault, this program is very similar to EA's Season Ticket. Its not unreasonable to assume that Access would be similar to Season Ticket when it came to game trials.

2) There is no reason to limit sports games to amount as low as a 6 hrs. This isnt Dragon Age where someone could beat the game within those hrs. Shoot, even with Season Ticket I wasnt able to complete a mode in any sports game with the entire weekend.

3) EA was being purposely vague about the length of time for sports games with the "no shorter than 2 hrs" line. They knew people would assume it would be similar to ST and Madden fans who were overeager would jump the gun and subscribe to the service. "No shorter" is open ended and could mean the entire weekend or 2 hrs and 1 minute. The only thing people had to go on was the time they give for ST.

Now should people have waited before purchasing? Sure. Thats why I'm not mad about the one month I paid for. But lets not act like EA didnt play a role in people getting their hopes up.

1. with the exception... that's like the main selling point they made about EA Access. the first thing promoted by EA was the Vault, then the 10% discount and then the early access.

2. I guess, I not really gonna argue the point with you but I'll say that if I had 5 full days with Madden that I would not be buying the game after that. granted, I'm not buying madden this year(I'll wait for it to be added to the vault) but 5 full days including a weekend and I'd have 6 months of play logged.

3. I'll rent you my car for $50, you can use it for at least 2 hours this weekend. do you think that there might be a possibility that you're only gonna be able to use it for 2 hours? I get what you are saying that there is a portion of the crowd that will jump to conclusions and right away think 5 DAYS UNLIMITED!!!! but that was never stated by anyone at EA. when I first bought it and looked at the early access, I actually thought it would be for those who bought madden digitally could play it early for 5 days. I was like welp I'm out, then I reread everything and found out that I would also get access but for 6 hours. fine print is a tricky thing if you don't read it.


for me, I bought EA Access for the vault. I sold my copies of BF4 and FIFA14 for $63, bought the EA Access and had the games back again plus whatever they add between now and next august. the early access thing is icing on the cake, however much time they allow for each title that they give early access to.

Last edited by speedtrucker; 08-19-2014 at 11:16 AM.
speedtrucker is offline  
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2014, 11:15 AM   #612
MVP
 
ricky24's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jan 2014
Re: EA Access Gives You Just Six Hours Of Madden NFL 15 Gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I dont get your point here. A trial can be a whole weekend or 1 hr. Season Ticket was considered a trial too.

A trial can be any amount of time. That is exactly his point.
ricky24 is offline  
Old 08-19-2014, 11:17 AM   #613
(aka Alberto)
 
aholbert32's Arena
 
OVR: 44
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 32,981
Blog Entries: 8
Re: EA Access Gives You Just Six Hours Of Madden NFL 15 Gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky24
A trial can be any amount of time. That is exactly his point.
That doesnt make sense because thats exactly what I said in my original post and he used the trial statement as a counter to my post. My point is that they left it purposely vague knowing that people would assume it was similar to ST.

I'm not saying EA is completely in the wrong for this but lets not act like they didnt play a role in creating this confusion or anger from customers.
aholbert32 is offline  
Old 08-19-2014, 11:18 AM   #614
****
 
ubernoob's Arena
 
OVR: 24
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Santa Maria, CA
Posts: 15,579
Re: EA Access Gives You Just Six Hours Of Madden NFL 15 Gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I dont get your point here. A trial can be a whole weekend or 1 hr. Season Ticket was considered a trial too.
I definitely get your point, and I'm not trying to be argumentative (well, too much at least) or worse but...

A) It did say trial. Now you are correct in that nowhere does this imply a time limit.
B) The said a minimum of two hours. I had actually raised my guess to 8-12 hours on twitter when Scott and I talked about this recently. This implies a "relatively" short time period is what they were thinking for.
C) This isn't named Season Ticket, for a reason. Don't put it past EA to bring back Season Ticket before the next Madden in addition to EA Access. EA proper is the king of double dipping and money grubbing practices.

I don't really hang out in the sports games forums proper too much, but everything about this (at least when taken together) was pointing to getting a (relatively) limited time with both Madden and all the other games they will offer in the future on this service.
__________________
bad
ubernoob is offline  
Old 08-19-2014, 11:25 AM   #615
Who? Giroux!
 
ManiacMatt1782's Arena
 
OVR: 26
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 3,990
Blog Entries: 7
Re: EA Access Gives You Just Six Hours Of Madden NFL 15 Gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiitroy
It says gameplay hours so can i just browse the MUT menus without the 6 hours going by?
I am sure just the game being booted and being in the menu's constitutes gameplay time.
ManiacMatt1782 is offline  
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2014, 11:31 AM   #616
Rookie
 
Beardown's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Aug 2003
Re: EA Access Gives You Just Six Hours Of Madden NFL 15 Gameplay

No reason to argue over this in my view, other than to pass the time, to me it is pretty simple. I just needed to answer one question;

Do you think EA would have sold more, the same or less subscriptions if they had said 6 hours at the announcement of the product?

If you answered more or the same you should keep it, if you answered less which is how I answered then you should cancel your renewal as I did. I think EA Access is good value but I cancelled anyway as I think what they did was not treating their customers, me, in the right way.

They will still have a chance to win me back but if not no skin off their nose or mine.
Beardown is offline  
Closed Thread


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:26 AM.

Top -