Home

EA Access Gives You Just Six Hours Of Madden NFL 15 Gameplay

This is a discussion on EA Access Gives You Just Six Hours Of Madden NFL 15 Gameplay within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 12:34 PM   #633
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: EA Access Gives You Just Six Hours Of Madden NFL 15 Gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
Eh I think some of yall are overestimating how many people wanted this to play Madden early.. go over to IGN when the articles about EA access first started comig out. The general gaming community didn't care about Maddens early access at all. Here its a big deal of course but its far from the biggest sellig point. If it was I would agree with you.

Like if this was season ticket, which I think was paying soley to play early right? Then the length of time is the main selling point.

I agree with this. This news really only affects Madden fans. Most of the info I saw about Access was all focused on the vault and 10% discount. The IGN video I watched didn't even mention getting to play games early. Even their reasons for waiting to get Access was all based on the fact that more games will come out later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-19-2014, 12:35 PM   #634
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsSB2015
The issue is in the details. EA Sports claimed you can try out the game 5 days before release. No details of minimum game play until today? There was no assumption that EA and Microsoft would pull a stunt like that. The fault isn't on the consumer, but the corporation behind it. They should have been clear from the start. It was false advertising.

"f you’re an EA Access member, you can download upcoming EA games five days before the release date to play for a limited time. Madden NFL 15, NHL 15, FIFA 15, NBA LIVE 15 and Dragon Age: Inquisition are all included, with more to come. If you love it, buy it, and you can pick up right where you left off."

You can spin it every way you like and say "well they didnt say how much", still they said for a limited time. Those that thought it would be unlimited was only based on wishful thinking at comparing to ticket which is a different service. Those that think that "a limited time" is referring to the five days, no, they are two separate things and it clearly reads that way.

Putting a 6 hour limit, tell me, how is that false advertising? It is clearly stated that early release trials would be limited time and that was a general statement which spans across the catalog of games.

People can complain that it shouldn't be unlimited since it is a sports game, but that is a different argument. To say it is false advertising is inaccurate.

Those that didn't read the details and opted in, it is their fault so yes, it is the consumers fault in this case because if they actually spent the time reading and not assuming, they would of waited until an announcement. There is no way EA would not announce the limit prior to release, they would have to, now people cry about how it is too late? Too late for what? the game doesnt release until next week. Read the details, make decisions based on the details and move on. Not assume, opt in and get mad because EA didnt give you what you want.

I personally think the limit is stupid, but I read the details that it was a possiblity, I opted in with the expectation that i would cancel after a month which i think a lot of people will do which is probably why it is a limited trial

Old 08-19-2014, 12:39 PM   #635
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
Eh I think some of yall are overestimating how many people wanted this to play Madden early.. go over to IGN when the articles about EA access first started comig out. The general gaming community didn't care about Maddens early access at all. Here its a big deal of course but its far from the biggest sellig point. If it was I would agree with you.

Like if this was season ticket, which I think was paying soley to play early right? Then the length of time is the main selling point.
This is true, people are overestimating on this forum because it is a madden (sports gaming) forum. In reality, the value of access is in the vault, the trial is just a small perk of the service as a whole. While the population of madden gamers are complaining, the likely larger population of just gamers are not really impacted because they are planning to play the vault games.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2014, 12:39 PM   #636
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Why can't people be disappointed in the six hours?

It's rhetorical, please don't answer. I just don't get the circling in this thread. People are upset with six hours. Whether or not YOU think it's right for them to be upset just take a step back and let them be upset. Telling them they shouldn't be upset is not needed.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 08-19-2014, 12:44 PM   #637
MVP

ricky24's Arena

OVR: 0

You can be upset. That is obviously fine. This shouldn't be much of a surprise though. There was no false advertising.
Old 08-19-2014, 12:45 PM   #638
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkp23
"f you’re an EA Access member, you can download upcoming EA games five days before the release date to play for a limited time.
It's normally assumed that when something says a "limited time" and in the same sentence says "5 days," the limited time usually means 5 days. Not hours within those days....extremely misleading
Old 08-19-2014, 12:47 PM   #639
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14
Anyone with common sense knows that EA purposefully misled consumers. They promoted their program by advertising "you can download upcoming EA games five days before the release date to play for a limited time." They knew most people would think the "limited time" meant the "five days before release date." They chose not to disclose that there was an additional restrictions within that limited time (the six hour limit), knowing that it would hurt sales for this program. The old bait and switch.
Old 08-19-2014, 12:47 PM   #640
MVP

ricky24's Arena

The fact that they included limited time in that statement tells me that playing for a full 5 days wasn't happening.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »