Home

Digital or Disk?

This is a discussion on Digital or Disk? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2014, 07:04 PM   #209
Banned

NYGiants4Natic's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Digital or Disk?

It might not be a hack directed at PSN and it is Ddos attack but bottom line is that it has gone on all day and most likely PSN will be down tomorrow for maintenance

So 2 days of no PSN?

Regardless of hack or not the attackers are picking on Sony like they always do and right now MS is working fine as I am finishing my early access

Wanted to jump on BF4 on PS4 and get ready for Madden tomorrow as I am getting copy early in morning but this is upsetting to say the least
Old 08-24-2014, 07:13 PM   #210
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrickh7255
Yeah this sucks I've literally been bouncing back and forth digital or disk and finally decide digital. I wake up and noticed psn wasn't working at all, I swear it's just my luck. Should of just went with my gut an gone ahead and went to preorder it in store
I was flip flopping between xbox 1 and ps4 version big time but finally decided on ps4 digital. not to get into a console debate just bottom line was madden 25 was crisper on ps4 and I really wanted to be safe not sorry.
Now all this has gone down with psn im thinking maybe just go with xbox 1. I dunno I guess I can give it a while yet and see if its resolved.
Old 08-24-2014, 07:13 PM   #211
Rookie

OVR: 0

And **** like this is why I go disk. PSN down today and scheduled maintenance tomorrow is going to make it pretty tough to download the game and have it ready for midnight play tomorrow night.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2014, 07:17 PM   #212
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
I was just clarifying because many people dont know what a DDoS attack is. (I didn't until I looked it up earlier). DDoS literally means Denial of Service btw guys. PSN was overloaded, so it's service is denied to everyone trying to access it.
DoS literally means Denial of Service - single system

DDoS literally means Distributed Denial of Service - multiple systems doing the attack
Old 08-24-2014, 07:24 PM   #213
Pro

ChampIsHere42's Arena

OVR: 6

I've never purchased a digital download of a game before. I purchased EA Access, and already have the game downloaded, so does that mean at 3:00 AM EST i just have to go to my games and its going to automatically have te full game there?
Old 08-24-2014, 07:32 PM   #214
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampIsHere42
I've never purchased a digital download of a game before. I purchased EA Access, and already have the game downloaded, so does that mean at 3:00 AM EST i just have to go to my games and its going to automatically have te full game there?
obviously you have to buy the game but from what I understand you dont have to download anything on xbox 1 if you already downloaded ea access. it should just work at midnight or whatever time.
Old 08-24-2014, 07:37 PM   #215
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampIsHere42
Once 3AM strikes, your game will be available. The early preview wasn't basically the pre-download.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2014, 08:41 PM   #216
MVP

jbd345's Arena

Gonna go disk this time. I fell like disk as better frame rate than digital for some reason. Plus I always enjoy unwrapping and opening the game after I buy it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »