Home

Old 08-19-2014, 01:12 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Digital or Disk?

Install time is unfortunately an issue for downloaded and disk copies now. I got The Show on disk and it took hours to install (on PS4.) Predownloading makes the two the same if you preorder, but you're not going to be playing the full game right at midnight either way.

Madden does have a smaller file size so the install should at least be faster.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2014, 01:56 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 1

if you have the game for months...good place is craigslist or ebay - ebay you lose like 12 percent due to ebay and paypal taking their cut, but you can get more for it.

Just find out what GS or BB will give you then make that the starting bid
Old 08-19-2014, 02:05 PM   #43
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

I am old school, so I have always like the tangible aspect of a physical disk. Just something fun about going out to the store and opening the box etc.

Although in a similar OS thread a while back, someone pointed out that disks do take a toll on the console. And that caused me to change my tune and embrace the digital concept a little more. As my prior consoles have aged and began to have issues, they have always been related to disks. Whether it be the lens, or the mechanism that opens/closes the disk tray etc.
Old 08-19-2014, 02:11 PM   #44
So Real!!

ckarlic's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
I am old school, so I have always like the tangible aspect of a physical disk. Just something fun about going out to the store and opening the box etc.

Although in a similar OS thread a while back, someone pointed out that disks do take a toll on the console. And that caused me to change my tune and embrace the digital concept a little more. As my prior consoles have aged and began to have issues, they have always been related to disks. Whether it be the lens, or the mechanism that opens/closes the disk tray etc.
Yeah. Im going more digital this generation. I had an issue with my PS3's blu ray drive not reading disks after a while. Plus, I like the fact of not having to swap disks out all the time. Im definitely leaning towards digital for Madden 15.
Twitch Channel
Old 08-19-2014, 02:25 PM   #45
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0

Hate to sound old here but I do not trust digital games at all. I like the security blanket of knowing I have a disk that I can keep and always play it if I want, plus I can trade it in when I am done with it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2014, 02:26 PM   #46
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

So far I've been pretty split on physical and digital. I've never been one to keep physical copies long unless I really enjoy the game. Also, I always want the latest and greatest for the sport titles and always pick up Madden each year, so it is a no brain decision for me to go physical again this year.

The Show and UFC are digital sports titles I do have though, party because I wasn't able to get my hands on a physical version and both baseball and fighting titles I enjoy playing all year round, where titles like NBA 2k, Fifa, etc I'm more seasonal with.
Old 08-19-2014, 02:29 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxamander
I'm currently trying to decide between Xbox One vs. PS4 and disc vs. digital.

I'm tempted to go digital because I very, very rarely trade in games. I bought Lego Marvel Superheroes digitally and it's been great not to have to insert the disc every time the kids want to play it. Plus, with digital I won't have to darken the door of Gamestop, which is a plus for me simply because it takes freaking forever to get in and out of there.

Tough decision for me.
Amazon prime release day delivery is amazing. I use it for everything. When I get home from work on Tuesday afternoon the game is sitting in my mailbox waiting for me.
Old 08-19-2014, 02:32 PM   #48
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lopey986
Amazon prime release day delivery is amazing. I use it for everything. When I get home from work on Tuesday afternoon the game is sitting in my mailbox waiting for me.
You know what's better? I download it digitally, and catch some sleep, and when I wake up, it's waiting for me. (OR this time I'll pre download it Sunday, so Midnight Monday it'll be waiting for me)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »