Home

Madden 15 All Relocation Cities, Teams, and Uniforms

This is a discussion on Madden 15 All Relocation Cities, Teams, and Uniforms within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2014, 10:15 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 15 All Relocation Cities, Teams, and Uniforms

NFL Fever for the regular xbox did this way better than madden ever has. They had like 20 pre made jerseys you could choose that were awesomely done. I always made the bears jerseys into the full on camo unis that you could choose.
Old 08-26-2014, 10:15 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
Hate to turn this into a history lesson but here goes:

Hernan Cortes perhaps the most famous of all the Conquistadors was responsible for the founding and building of Mexico City. Cortes had a very small army when he landed in Mexico the majority of people that fought for him against the Aztecs were other tribes that the Aztecs had enslaved and slaughtered. There are several monuments, street names and murals of him/named after him and his men throughout the city. It's not the best team name but it does make sense.
Let's continue with that history lesson. Mexico City is located right on top of the old Aztec capital Tenochtitlan, which Cortes had leveled to the ground in 1521 after a siege. What he did was just rebuild on the same exact spot. I'm sure after that it wasn't too difficult for him to name some castles or streets after himself.

Taken from the wiki:

"In 1981, President Lopez Portillo tried to bring Cortés to public recognition. First, he made public a copy of the bust of Cortés made by Manuel Tolsá in the Hospital de Jesús Nazareno with an official ceremony, but soon a nationalist group tried to destroy it, so it had to be taken out of the public.[44]
Later, another monument, known as "Monumento al Mestizaje" by Julián Martínez y M. Maldonado (1982) was commissioned by Mexican president José López Portillo to be put in the "Zócalo" (Main square) of Coyoacan, near the place of his country house, but it had to be removed to a little known park, the Jardín Xicoténcatl, Barrio de San Diego Churubusco, to quell protests."[46]

I'm not Mexican, but you make him sound like a liberator to the indigenous peoples of Latin America, which I doubt he is perceived as.
Anyways it just seems weird to me having 100.000 Mexicans chanting 'Conquistadors' in Mexico City, given the historical implications... as the team logo is a symbol of the killings of their ancestors. That's all

edit:
also, the text EA provided was probably the main gripe I had with it. It just seemed so ignorant. Conquistadors have a ton of history in Latin America ... yes, enslaving and killing people...

Last edited by kwankwan; 08-26-2014 at 10:18 AM.
Old 08-26-2014, 10:35 AM   #35
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwankwan
Let's continue with that history lesson. Mexico City is located right on top of the old Aztec capital Tenochtitlan, which Cortes had leveled to the ground in 1521 after a siege. What he did was just rebuild on the same exact spot. I'm sure after that it wasn't too difficult for him to name some castles or streets after himself.

Taken from the wiki:

"In 1981, President Lopez Portillo tried to bring Cortés to public recognition. First, he made public a copy of the bust of Cortés made by Manuel Tolsá in the Hospital de Jesús Nazareno with an official ceremony, but soon a nationalist group tried to destroy it, so it had to be taken out of the public.[44]
Later, another monument, known as "Monumento al Mestizaje" by Julián Martínez y M. Maldonado (1982) was commissioned by Mexican president José López Portillo to be put in the "Zócalo" (Main square) of Coyoacan, near the place of his country house, but it had to be removed to a little known park, the Jardín Xicoténcatl, Barrio de San Diego Churubusco, to quell protests."[46]

I'm not Mexican, but you make him sound like a liberator to the indigenous peoples of Latin America, which I doubt he is perceived as.
Anyways it just seems weird to me having 100.000 Mexicans chanting 'Conquistadors' in Mexico City, given the historical implications... as the team logo is a symbol of the killings of their ancestors. That's all

edit:
also, the text EA provided was probably the main gripe I had with it. It just seemed so ignorant. Conquistadors have a ton of history in Latin America ... yes, enslaving and killing people...
I don't want to derail this thread any further so this is the last I will say about this. You might want to study up on the history of the Aztecs and not just go by Wikipedia. They weren't exactly angels themselves. They enslaved and killed more people than the Conquistadors did in Mexico. Most Mexicans are Mestizo which is descendants of both European and indigenous people. The Aztec population was actually wiped out by smallpox and other diseases, there's not many Aztec descendants left they number around one million and are spread out throughout the country.

Last edited by Sheba2011; 08-26-2014 at 10:39 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2014, 10:42 AM   #36
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjburrage
Yeah wouldn't be surprised if Nike have provided templates for the basis of the relocated team jerseys (I know in their kits they provide to Soccer team there are a limited number of designs - the same for most sportswear providers) so expect it's the same with their NFL jerseys.

Ideally that might work well in the future for the relocation feature. I would love to see it work as follows:

1. Select the City - hopefully more cities in future versions
2. Select a Nickname - Each City has a set of unique names like now (London Monarchs, Houston Oilers etc) as well as a list of generic names that are available to all cities (Warriors, Blitz, Hawks etc.)
3. Select a Logo - Maybe each name could have multiple logos to choose from (for example you wouldn't want the Bulldogs logo used currently for London Bulldogs with the Union Jack flag pattern for a team based in Albuquerque).
4. Select a colour scheme - Instead of having the logo colours pre-determined they could have a variety of colour schemes, as well as the option for a user choice.
5. Select a Uniform style - as per current, but uses the colour scheme chosen in 4.
One thing I would like to add to this, they need to have one alternate uniform added. Most teams today use 3 (either a throwback or alternate). There could be so many good uniform combinations or these if you had one more color pants, helmet or jersey.
Old 08-26-2014, 10:46 AM   #37
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aukevin
Is there an option to relocate your team and no other cpu controlled team can relocate? Can any team relocate to any of the game's sites, or do they have to fall within your division geographically? Like could Oakland relocate to Ireland?
This year you can turn off CPU relocation completely. You can take any team and move them anywhere it doesn't matter about divisions. I usually try to keep it somewhat realistic though (Buffalo to Toronto, St. Louis to Portland, Jax to Memphis etc.)
Old 08-26-2014, 08:08 PM   #38
Just started!

Is there a way you can relocate your team and keep the teams name and logo? I tried to relocate the Raiders to San Antonio, it did but didn't give an option to keep the name and logo. It changed it to the San Antonio Express.
Old 08-31-2014, 02:33 PM   #39
Rookie

I simmed through a season to test out the relocation possibilities, as it seems I cannot create one from scratch as we used to. It seems ridiculous that I have to choose a city one week, a logo the next, then a uniform - why not see all at the first step? I might not like some element of it three weeks into my preseason.

Is there any way, perhaps outside of franchise, to take a relocation team on a kind of 'test run'? Maybe just a standard game to see how the unis look in game?
Old 08-31-2014, 03:18 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarthybrigand
I simmed through a season to test out the relocation possibilities, as it seems I cannot create one from scratch as we used to. It seems ridiculous that I have to choose a city one week, a logo the next, then a uniform - why not see all at the first step? I might not like some element of it three weeks into my preseason.

Is there any way, perhaps outside of franchise, to take a relocation team on a kind of 'test run'? Maybe just a standard game to see how the unis look in game?
unfortunately no.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »