Home

Why is the Grass always faded?

This is a discussion on Why is the Grass always faded? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2014, 11:45 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 6
Why is the Grass always faded?

How come the Madden team can't give us lush green grass in their games? I think the last time we had some lush grass was Madden 12 (best was Madden 10). looks like it needs watering or it's astroturf.

I know it's a pet-peeve but it gets me since it seems like an easy change/update to make.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2014, 03:41 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: Why is the Grass always faded?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyacinth1
How come the Madden team can't give us lush green grass in their games? I think the last time we had some lush grass was Madden 12 (best was Madden 10). looks like it needs watering or it's astroturf.

I know it's a pet-peeve but it gets me since it seems like an easy change/update to make.
Valid complaint, BUT... maybe it's because the devs realize there's lightyears of things to improve, before the look of the grass.
Old 08-18-2014, 06:46 PM   #3
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
Valid complaint, BUT... maybe it's because the devs realize there's lightyears of things to improve, before the look of the grass.

U know, it's funny, though. I remember hearing Rex, I believe say something during one of the streams like, 'look at that grass. That's amazing what we've done with that this year.' So, technically they've been working on it? So, I think the madden team feels pretty good about grass. I used to feel really good about grass, but not so much, lately. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-18-2014, 08:20 PM   #4
MVP

iLLWiLL's Arena

OVR: 10

Grass has always been brown since the PS2. It always nagged the heck out of me. But of course there's always many more important issues that Tiburon has needed to address ...
Old 08-18-2014, 08:37 PM   #5
Banned

grass is horrible let alone playing in rain on grass field it doesn't get tore up like it should.. even turf gets a little tore up..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2014, 09:50 AM   #6
MVP

underdog13's Arena

The grass looks bad?
Old 08-19-2014, 10:07 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 4

People are entitled to their opinion and such, but what I wanna know is how people think about bad grass when the gameplay was as horrible as it was. It's like, "man, this game sucks, they dont do what they should.... hmmm you know what this grass needs fixing". I'm sorry, maybe a little factious; but still.
Old 08-19-2014, 11:45 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
People are entitled to their opinion and such, but what I wanna know is how people think about bad grass when the gameplay was as horrible as it was. It's like, "man, this game sucks, they dont do what they should.... hmmm you know what this grass needs fixing". I'm sorry, maybe a little factious; but still.
Because it's such an obvious visual thing in football games? Gameplay things are more subtle and subjective in some cases. You might notice or have an issue with a gameplay piece that I never even notice, but the grass in a football game takes up about 90+% of the visuals on screen, so it's pretty easy to notice. Not sure anyone is saying it's more important than gameplay, but it's a huge factor in the overall look of the game (like the ice is a hockey game).

I actually remember a dev talking about this around the time of Madden 09 or so, when they changed the grass. He was talking about how important the grass is for the overall visuals of the game.

Personally, I don't have an issue with the way the grass/turf looks. It looks pretty green on my TV. There's room for improvement, of course, but I don't find it distractingly bad or anything. I do wish the weather had more effect. It might have been Madden 09, I think, but a few years ago, puddles would form on the field in the rain. As with many things in this series, they decided to change things and took steps back in some directions. No puddles now and very little wear and tear.

Last edited by born_bad; 08-19-2014 at 11:48 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »