Home

Interesting article regarding Madden ratings

This is a discussion on Interesting article regarding Madden ratings within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Game of the Year 2021: Forza Horizon 5
Best Sports Game Trend in 2021: College Sports Coming Back
Best Franchise Mode in 2021: NBA 2K22

Old 08-20-2014, 02:38 PM   #41
Pro

BreakingBad2013's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Interesting article regarding Madden ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
What if I want to convert Ryan Tannehill back to WR a position he played in college and was very good at (1500 yards, 10 TD's in a little over 2 seasons as a starter)?
I doubt anyone would do that, because it'll take until the end of time to get his speed somewhere where he's efficient, but once you change someone to a WR, they would probably start fresh at that position.

Tannehill at WR in the NFL, probably wouldn't bode well for whichever team he's on. There's a reason he was switched and drafted as a QB. . . Also you could work on his SPC rating once he is converted to WR. If he wasn't converted we probably wouldn't be talking about him lol.

Lastly, its so rare of a choice, that again, its a waste of time and effort if we want better ratings, we have to get rid of the extra stuff that really doesn't matter.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2014, 02:53 PM   #42
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakingBad2013
I completely disagree. McFadden is not a PASSER. 2 passes, one complete, one incomplete in 6 seasons hardly needs to have a rating that says he can throw lol. He is not a capable passer in the NFL, or he'd probably play QB and get paid more. Its a wasted rating, to give to all players. Whats it matter if a QB can Punt or Kick, there's no surprise punt anymore is there? This isn't Randall Cunningham.
Tom Brady had one last year, a 32 yarder.
Old 08-20-2014, 02:57 PM   #43
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakingBad2013
I doubt anyone would do that, because it'll take until the end of time to get his speed somewhere where he's efficient, but once you change someone to a WR, they would probably start fresh at that position.

Tannehill at WR in the NFL, probably wouldn't bode well for whichever team he's on. There's a reason he was switched and drafted as a QB. . . Also you could work on his SPC rating once he is converted to WR. If he wasn't converted we probably wouldn't be talking about him lol.

Lastly, its so rare of a choice, that again, its a waste of time and effort if we want better ratings, we have to get rid of the extra stuff that really doesn't matter.
His speed is an 83 in the game, Danny Amendolla of the Patriots by comparison is an 85, David Nelson of the Jets is an 84.
Old 08-20-2014, 03:01 PM   #44
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

@BBad the point is: he still needs a passing rating because his scheme can use him as a passer.

QBs need tackle ratings because they become tacklers om turnovers.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk
Old 08-20-2014, 03:26 PM   #45
MVP

EAGLESFAN10's Arena

OVR: 12

I'm playing on last gen for the time being and I'm editing Rosters for my personal taste as I'm not getting getting Madden 25 for last gen

I realized That offensive guys have 2 awareness ratings (Awareness and BC Vision) and Defensive guys have three (Awareness , Play Recognition and Pursuit)

I was testing in Practice mode earlier and I gave Patrick Willis 0 Awareness 100 Play Recognition and 100 pursuit and he was still a BEAST on the field

I'm just wondering which ones even matter

I'm not sure which ones would best players at certain positions

Like would a DE or DT have a high pursuit rating but a 50-70 rating for Awareness and Play Recognition

I'm still testing things to get a more Fluid animations but trying to get players to play like themselves
Eagles

Louisville, Kentucky is My Hometown
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2014, 03:33 PM   #46
Pro

BreakingBad2013's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
Tom Brady had one last year, a 32 yarder.

In Madden

10char
Old 08-20-2014, 03:45 PM   #47
Pro

BreakingBad2013's Arena

My point is, that having ratings that matter, that a re accurate, change the game, and will separate players, is well worth cutting down all ratings to a positional based rating system. If you think changing Mike Vick to a RB, Pryor to a WR, and Skrine to a WR is more important than a rating system that makes sense and actually works, then so be it, but I'm not on that side of the fence.
Old 08-20-2014, 03:52 PM   #48
Pro

BreakingBad2013's Arena

So in terms of WRs, with having all catch ratings from a Very Poor to Excellent, a QB would rank higher than any NFL WR?

That's my point.

What is the actual playing difference from an 85 to 86 catch, a 70 to an 80 in man coverage, a 98 and a 99 in pass blocking. Where is this rating based off of, how many scouts figured, "Eh, J.Clowney will have about an 85 pass rush, maybe an 80 run defense, and probably a 67 in coverage."

lol. Its not football, and when the Dolphins Selected Tanny and the Raiders drafted McFadden, the scouts weren't clamoring for his great hands or McFadden's awesome touch on the ball lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »