Home

Interesting article regarding Madden ratings

This is a discussion on Interesting article regarding Madden ratings within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2014, 10:55 AM   #65
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Interesting article regarding Madden ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
I think layoffs are a good indicator this could take place. lol. I dont know man. It needs to be done, but I doubt anytime soon.
As long as Madden continues to sell in the millions every year it will never change. The ratings are one of the biggest marketing tools EA has.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2014, 10:58 AM   #66
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
I think layoffs are a good indicator this could take place. lol. I dont know man. It needs to be done, but I doubt anytime soon.
It'll never happen. Why would it?

There's not enough outcry from people about the ratings, why spend more money making them better?

What people don't understand is that EA is not this small independent studio or small team or private company trying to create top games because it takes pride in doing so. EA, and particularly EA Sports division, is a giant public company whose goal is profits.

No decision at EA is made without asking:

1. What will it cost?
2. How much will it make?

This is why we keep getting the same Madden with half-assed iterations that probably took a few hours to do. It's just enough to keep us buying again, but not enough to really cost anything. So they maximize their profits/make their shareholders happy.

This is also why the NFL exclusivity deal is bad. If there was a competitor, football fans who just want to play a football game could vote with their wallets and go elsewhere, which would HURT EA's profits/anger their shareholders, which would force them to spend money time and effort to innovate, since the cost of doing that would be less than the cost of NOT doing that.
Old 08-21-2014, 12:59 PM   #67
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

I think the actual worst thing EA with ratings was put Donny Moore front and center as the ratings guy to the public. Now instead of thinking of ratings and how they do/don't impact the game, we talk about Donny is bad at this. It's kind of unfair.
Old 08-21-2014, 01:02 PM   #68
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan36
I think the actual worst thing EA with ratings was put Donny Moore front and center as the ratings guy to the public. Now instead of thinking of ratings and how they do/don't impact the game, we talk about Donny is bad at this. It's kind of unfair.
Good Point. Interesting
Old 08-21-2014, 06:05 PM   #69
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBall Life
The "ratings czar" needs help. The days of having one person making accurate ratings for hundreds and hundreds of players needs to end.
I were looking for a listed email account for Donny Moore, because I do not have a Twitter account.

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could pass the listed message below along to him. If the message is too long, you have my permission to revise it.
-----------------------
"Would it be possible to give us die-hards a 30-45 min video guide of how the rating process is orchestrated? If we can visually see and learn the process, it will give us greater insight to understand your body of work, instead of us fueling off numbers in comparison to other players."
Old 08-21-2014, 10:38 PM   #70
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shylo3716
I were looking for a listed email account for Donny Moore, because I do not have a Twitter account.

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could pass the listed message below along to him. If the message is too long, you have my permission to revise it.
-----------------------
"Would it be possible to give us die-hards a 30-45 min video guide of how the rating process is orchestrated? If we can visually see and learn the process, it will give us greater insight to understand your body of work, instead of us fueling off numbers in comparison to other players."
I want a Jose Canseco type book blowing the lid off EA, hinging off the license takeover. Interviews from former Tiburon and VC employees. Those dev cycles probably wouldnt provide for compelling reading, but when you obsess over football vids, every detail is juicy.
Old 08-21-2014, 10:40 PM   #71
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I always assumed he had all the tape and scouting info he would ever need. I guess that's wrong...
And was supposed to be part of the benefit of having the exclusive deal - the NFL could supply EA with an unprecedented amount of NFL access.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2014, 10:46 PM   #72
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Quote:
What Donny should do instead of looking at YOUTUBE HIGHLIGHTS, is get NFL Sunday Ticket, and watch ALL the teams and decide what's up for himself, instead of watching highlights of what someone else thinks in good on YouTube.
I've got no love for Mr. Moore at all. IMO he is a slave to numbers. Russel Wilson is the same as Tom Brady....? Having said that. I know for a fact the team at EA has access to as much coaches film as they can ask for. Now what they do with that I can't speak for. But There is no lack of game film at EA Tiburon.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »