Home

Titans Users?

This is a discussion on Titans Users? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2014, 09:03 AM   #41
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Titans Users?

Quote:
Originally Posted by D0WN N DIRTY
what is so positive about that elite qb are doing that in a single yr.. and you cant tell me they don't have the wr or te to do it because they do.. wright and hunter are both underrated... Locker is a waste of time and money until he proves me wrong..
There are only about 5 or 6 truly "elite" QB's in the entire NFL, does that mean every team should just give up on their current QB and not try to develop them? Hunter had 18 receptions last year, Wright has 6 TD's in 2 years, neither of those look like "elite" WR's, so I guess by your definition they are both a waste of time and money as well, until they prove you wrong...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2014, 09:08 AM   #42
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wattskid
Sure. Jake has shown some promise here and there, but he still fails to fit the bill of QB that can take his team to the SuperBowl. Period.

Can he still make an impact this year? Maybe. However, I doubt it. I'm tired of people giving him slack.
"A QB who can take his team to the SuperBowl". What exactly are the qualifications for that? Because that applies to more than half the league as only 2 QB's a season can fill that lofty goal. I am not a fan of Locker but I don't think he is the worst QB in the league and I can understand why the Titans are putting a lot of stock in him.

Last edited by Sheba2011; 08-22-2014 at 09:41 AM.
Old 08-22-2014, 09:56 AM   #43
Just started!

I'm so glad there are other dedicated Titans users.

GO TENN!!!
Old 08-22-2014, 01:22 PM   #44
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
There are only about 5 or 6 truly "elite" QB's in the entire NFL, does that mean every team should just give up on their current QB and not try to develop them? Hunter had 18 receptions last year, Wright has 6 TD's in 2 years, neither of those look like "elite" WR's, so I guess by your definition they are both a waste of time and money as well, until they prove you wrong...

your about to see Justin hunter and wright shine this year with wizz..
I don't like Jake I don't think he is even an average qb.. when game is on the line he chokes..
Old 08-22-2014, 07:11 PM   #45
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

I don't know enough about how Jake Locker is currently performing to enter that discussion. I did watch him do well in college, especially with his legs. I know he's had problems staying healthy in the NFL though. Never a good sign.

BUT, Mettenberger is a legitimate pocket-passing QB at the next level. I know he's just a rookie, but from his JR year to his SR year at LSU under Cam Cameron teaching him, he made huge strides in just that one year. He's very coachable, has a very good arm, and is your proto-typical sized pocket-passing QB.

He doesn't have any scrambling ability, but if you give him an O-line that can block and give him time to throw, he will pick apart defenses as he learns the NFL game. Still might be too early to tell with Mettenberger, but if he puts on some more weight (muscle) and can stay healthy (he's still skinny/lanky), he will end up being a good QB, IMO. I liken him to a Joe Flacco in just build and such.

I'm a 20 year LSU season ticket holder so I may be a bit biased here (lol), but I just want to say his JR year he was a deer in headlights when the rush came. Moved awkwardly inside the pocket at the same time. Like he couldn't get his feet under him and his arms just flailing around.. the next year our O-line got healthy and gave him time, and under one year with Cam Cameron he flourished. If I was playing with Titans in my CFM I would certainly groom him to take the reigns over Locker. But hey, that's just my opinion.

I hope he does well with the Titans. I may take him in my CFM with the Rams actually.

Last edited by Shon 23; 08-22-2014 at 07:24 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2014, 10:56 PM   #46
Pro

Mckinley Cash's Arena

OVR: 11

Is this too corny?

Old 08-22-2014, 11:35 PM   #47
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethmen
I don't know enough about how Jake Locker is currently performing to enter that discussion. I did watch him do well in college, especially with his legs. I know he's had problems staying healthy in the NFL though. Never a good sign.

BUT, Mettenberger is a legitimate pocket-passing QB at the next level. I know he's just a rookie, but from his JR year to his SR year at LSU under Cam Cameron teaching him, he made huge strides in just that one year. He's very coachable, has a very good arm, and is your proto-typical sized pocket-passing QB.

Mett has all the physical tools to be a good NFL QB but he suffers from the same problem as Jake. Can he stay healthy enough throughout his career? He already had the one ACL tear and teams found back problems when they looked at him.
Old 08-23-2014, 01:28 AM   #48
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

I don't watch a lot of Titans games but at US Jake Locker overthrew pretty much everything. If it was incomplete it was an overthrow
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »