Home

Your First, and/or Greatest Madden Memory...

This is a discussion on Your First, and/or Greatest Madden Memory... within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 22: 11 Features to Improve Stadium Creator
MXGP 2021 Review
Football Manager 22 Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 08-21-2014, 08:34 PM   #17
MVP

raiderphantom's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Your First, and/or Greatest Madden Memory...

I think my biggest victory was Madden 05 against my cousin. It was like 83 to 12 or something lol. I felt really bad but he just kept throwing picks. He was usually better than me but I got pretty good at 05 and a lot of people seemed to struggle.

I've also had some epic CPU games. I can't remember which version anymore but I played Tampa in a SB back on PS2 and it was a really grind it out game and they had scored only 4 FG's and I only had 1 TD. With one play left sonewhere around their 20 yd line, I hit Jerry Porter in the endzone!!..but he didn't get both feet in lol. Considering I didn't mess with sliders back then it was big to get a really competitive game.

XBLGT: tjor24
Old 08-21-2014, 08:56 PM   #18
Rookie

falconfansince81's Arena

OVR: 3

Winning online franchise Superbowls are always memorable, but I distinctly remember my first nostalgic memory back on Madden '96 when create-a-player was introduced.

My Falcons were down 30-28 to Chargers under 2 minutes to go in the Superbowl; on a 3rd down pass I user picked it with my safety and took it down to their 20 to set up the game winning FG.

Fun times...remember it like it was yesterday...couldn't tell you what I had for breakfast this morning, but I remember those games always.
Old 08-21-2014, 09:03 PM   #19
Pro

T5063's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxamander
Madden 2003 was the first I actually owned and got into hardcore.

Same here. Ive been playing Madden since 96 but 2003 was the first one where i did multiple seasons. Played as the Panthers, drafted a guy named Lake Stone as my qb and had tonnes of memorable games in the playoffs. I remember having a heated rivalry with the Bucs and Rams. I've been trying to recreate the nostalgia from this game ever since.

The soundtrack from this game was also pretty awesome and i still have some of the songs stuck in my head.
Old 08-21-2014, 09:16 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 4

First: Playing Madden 95 on SNES with my brother.

Favorite: Every time I beat someone online using the Raiders when they are playing with Denver/SF/Seattle/NO/NE or whoever is the bandwagon pick of that year over the last 12 years. The Raiders have been horrible for a long time but most of the ranked random players don't know how to use their "favorite" teams.
Old 08-21-2014, 09:21 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 24

First: A shipmate brought his Sega Genesis onboard our ship and it was my first ever look at Madden. Circa 1992, I think (The game that introduced the passing windows)

Greatest: Getting PS1 for the first time and Madden of my own. (Again,

I forget the exact year...)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2014, 10:05 PM   #22
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

First was 1990 or 91. One of my friends in Jr High had gotten Madden on the NES. Up until that point, I was all about Techmo Bowl and Play Action Football. Madden was a whole different game. No real teams or players, but it was really fun. We stayed up all night all weekend playing, and I eventually got it myself.

Greatest, as others said, was the step up from the PS1 to the PS2. It was jaw dropping. I bought Madden with my PS2, and even though I'd seen clips online, I was still shocked at how awesome. That era in my life, when I was about 23-25, single and no kids, was also when I played the most Madden ever. I played 200+ games every year, going though 10 or so seasons. I even played against other people back then, as I had a few friends who were into it as well. Since then, I'm all single player offline franchise.

Worst would be when I moved from the PS2 to the PS3 expecting the same jaw dropping wonderful experience. *SIGH*....no

Lets see what the PS4 brings me next week.
Old 08-21-2014, 10:10 PM   #23
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by T5063
Same here. Ive been playing Madden since 96 but 2003 was the first one where i did multiple seasons. Played as the Panthers, drafted a guy named Lake Stone as my qb and had tonnes of memorable games in the playoffs. I remember having a heated rivalry with the Bucs and Rams. I've been trying to recreate the nostalgia from this game ever since.

The soundtrack from this game was also pretty awesome and i still have some of the songs stuck in my head.
Lake Stone, huh? I'm guessing he had hippy parents.

Yeah, there was something special about that game. I really need to pop it in the old PS2 and give it another spin.
Old 08-22-2014, 08:34 AM   #24
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

OVR: 18

First Madden memory: getting Madden 12 for Christmas that year, and becoming instantly obsessed with it. I used to play Madden when I was a lot younger, but fell out of favor with it (no specific reason why.) I got Madden 12, loved it, and haven't looked back since. I'm so pumped for Madden 15.

Favorite? That's a tough one. I've had a lot of fun CFM/franchise/CCM saves. I remember Maden 13/25 the best.

Madden 13 CCM with the Bills: the Bills were really mediocre in that game (sadly, still are.) I did a CCM with them, as they are a rebuilding project in M13 and I'm also a NY-NJ resident so they're kind of the local team. (one of them.) I knew Ryan Fitzpatrick wasn't the answer at QB, nor was any other QB on the team at the time. I think I simmed the first season to get to the draft. I had a pick in the top ten. I traded several draft picks for the #1 pick and took the best quarterback in the draft, I don't remember his name. In the regular season, he was great. I believe he won AFC Offensive Rookie of the Year. The QB, and some minor FA additions, guided us to a wildcard berth. This QB wound up being like Andy Dalton. He just crumbled in the playoffs. We lost that playoff game. I thought, Ok. I went through the offseason, played the next season, and we went 11-5 or something like that (first round bye.) The QB seemed to progress. Yet, even with a first round bye, he crumbled in the playoffs. The next year, we won a divisional playoff game, but the QB crumble din the AFC title game. It was awesome, seeing his confidence differ between the regular and postseason.

I've also won a few Superbowls with my Ravens and the Redskins, which is awesome. In Madden 25, I had a Raiders CFM in which I would draft Johnny Manziel and he guided us to the AFC Title game.

Yankees: #AllRise

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »