Home

Your First, and/or Greatest Madden Memory...

This is a discussion on Your First, and/or Greatest Madden Memory... within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 22: 11 Features to Improve Stadium Creator
MXGP 2021 Review
Football Manager 22 Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 08-23-2014, 12:06 PM   #41
Oh Deer!

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Your First, and/or Greatest Madden Memory...

Cant say I remember my first, but my greatest memory was in a online ranked match. Packers(me) vs Vikings. Rodgers vs Favre. I was down by 5 with about 5 seconds on the clock and the other user had the ball and decided he would throw a hail mary as time expired. I picked it off, broke about 5 tackles and returned it about 80 yards for the game winning TD. He sent me a message on XBL saying "BS".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2014, 01:26 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 0

I started with Madden in the late 90's and was instantly hooked. I really liked picking rosters. I played my cousin who cheated and always had the game rigged in his favor with audibles and other home system advantages. I finally beat him after about 1000 tries in 2002 using fb Alstot fullback screen up the middle play that he could not stop. I won that game 14 to 7 and had to use ball control to do it. I celebrated mad!
Old 08-23-2014, 01:52 PM   #43
#00 AlonSlow Moaning

CoffeyN's Arena

OVR: 19

First I can remember was Madden on SNES, playing as the Packers I'd stack Reggie over Gilbert Brown and cheese the computer for sacks..all the way to a Super Bowl.

I'd also create a player and use a pen to run the 40 by swiping it back and forth over the buttons as fast as I could.

My favorite was playing a friend of mine I was the Packers while he was the Panthers. I was down less than a TD and had to go for it on 4th down as time was running out. I failed the conversion giving him the ball back. Instead of kneeling it out he tries to throw to a sideline route to pad stats for his QB, Mike McKenzie picks it off and takes it to the house literally as the clock hits 0:00. It was beautiful.
Old 08-23-2014, 06:08 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 1

Not sure what year it would be, but back on the SNES when I was real young (like 6 or 8), I would love playing with the Tiburon teams and just demolishing bad teams, like the Bengals, winning by 80+ points. Just hail mary's and going for it on 4th down all game. At least when I was a kid we didn't have online gaming so nobody had to deal with my nonsense, just my dad when he'd decide to play with me.
Old 08-23-2014, 06:32 PM   #45
Rookie

knick9mm's Arena

OVR: 5

I have two great memories:

First one was in Madden 03. I was playing against my cousin. I was the Raiders, he was the Pats. All he had to do was make a close FG to win they game but I blocked the FG. I went nuts!

Second one, I forgot which Madden it was but also playing as the Raiders, I didnt have an offensive possesion until the second half because I kept returning every punt and kick-off back for a TD with Phillip Buchanon
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2014, 07:11 AM   #46
Rookie

Cavs2Bears15's Arena

Greatest: Madden 11, AFC Championship, Chiefs vs Ravens, Ball at the Chiefs own 35 yard line, :02 seconds left in the game, down by four, Four Verticals was the play, defense was running a deep zone coverage, once Dwayne Bowe passed through the first zone on the far right of the field he had about 10-15 yards of space and Matt Cassel rifled it to Bowe, Bowe then has two men to beat, First guy he beats with a beautiful spin move, now 1v1 for the win, Bowe was now 5 yards away from the Safety who was trying to get the gaming saving tackle, and then out of no where WR Michael Jenkins comes up and levels him, and Dwayne Bowe trots into the end zone to give the Chiefs the win and eventually a Lombardi Trophy... It was an Online Franchise with 5 other of my friends in one of the wildest postseasons I have ever witnessed with multiple game winning drives.
Old 08-24-2014, 08:44 AM   #47
MVP

Quint75's Arena

OVR: 16

First Madden was the PC version, before the console versions. It had a play editor and I created a double-reverse pass that went for a TD every time. The AI just didn't know what to do. Was my first money play I guess.

Best memories are probably from the Genesis/Playstation era, when I would play my (now deceased) cousin in some crazy battles. We would get so mad at each other but go right back at it after a little cooling down period.

I remember in one version ( I think on Genesis) he would pick the Eagles and run the QB sneak with Randall Cunningham and get 7-10 yards a pop. I would outlaw the play because it couldn't be stopped no matter what D you called, but he would still run it in a pinch. I used to go nuts.

I really miss my cousin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NFL: Pittsburgh Steelers
EPL: Liverpool Reds
Old 08-24-2014, 09:53 AM   #48
Rookie

I think it was madden 05. I rebuilt the lions in franchise mode and was playing the packers in the NFC championship. I was up by 5 with 2 minutes left and Farve completely dominated me in a 2 min drill. It was 2 and goal on the 7 yard line with 15 seconds left. Favre throws a pass and my corner intercepted it to seal the NFC championship. I went on to lose to the Broncos in the Super Bowl lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »