Home

Early Access to Madden NFL 15 Arrives Tomorrow at Noon EST For EA Access Subscribers

This is a discussion on Early Access to Madden NFL 15 Arrives Tomorrow at Noon EST For EA Access Subscribers within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2014, 12:40 AM   #9
Fighting a War & Gaming

8and9's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Early Access to Madden NFL 15 Arrives Tomorrow at Noon EST For EA Access Subscrib

I feel sorry for the people that don't know about closing out the game, I can see people even more furious tomorrow. EA should add that note to their news ticker.
Old 08-21-2014, 12:43 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Early Access to Madden NFL 15 Arrives Tomorrow at Noon EST For EA Access Subscrib

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealsmallville
I'm buying digital, using the 10% off, and I'm really hoping that by taking advantage of the 6-hour "early access" that it basically acts like a pre-load...when Xbox Live lets me pay at 12:01am on the 26th, I REALLY don't want to have to wait and re-download the entire game again.

Could someone with EA's ear maybe ask them on twitter? After I download it tomorrow morning, do I have to re-download on Tuesday or does it just unlock what is already on my hard drive?

Just checked the EA Access FAQ and it looks using EA Access to play Madden early is basically pre-downloading the game.

Quote:
What is the difference between a demo and an EA Access trial?

Demos are stand-alone chunks of the game meant to give you a taste, but they don’t provide the full experience. When you play a trial through EA Access, you are playing the real game for a limited time, five days before the release date. And if you buy the game once it releases, you don’t need to download or install anything; you can just pick up where you left off and keep playing.
Old 08-21-2014, 12:43 AM   #11
McG
Rookie

McG's Arena

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealsmallville
After the 6 hours are up & it locks, hopefully we'll be able to just unlock it again on Tuesday by purchasing it digitally. I really don't want to d/l the full game twice.
Exactly, that would be so annoying. Wondering if the game will come out at midnight for the Digital DL when the game comes out for everyone. Or if we will have to wait until some weird time that day. If so, I'll just get it from Gamestop and deal with the midnight release hell. Anyone know when Digital games have come out in the past? Is it midnight?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2014, 12:44 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0
6 hours??? What a joke.
Old 08-21-2014, 12:45 AM   #13
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by McG
Exactly, that would be so annoying. Wondering if the game will come out at midnight for the Digital DL when the game comes out for everyone. Or if we will have to wait until some weird time that day. If so, I'll just get it from Gamestop and deal with the midnight release hell. Anyone know when Digital games have come out in the past? Is it midnight?
I know on PS4 us West Coasters get the digital copy three hours early at 9 PM Pacific time.
Old 08-21-2014, 12:48 AM   #14
Rookie

SladeWilson's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by McG
12 midnight PT, 3am Est

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batum Shaka Laka
I know on PS4 us West Coasters get the digital copy three hours early at 9 PM Pacific time.
No you don't. PS4 games unlock at midnight PT and 3am on the east coast.
Old 08-21-2014, 12:50 AM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
9 AM PT is noon EST. Not sure I'm following what you are tying to say.
The way I understand it, it will not be available to download for most starting at 12 EST (9 PT) but rather that is when it will start rolling out to select users, continuing throughout the day. So while some users might be able to download it right away, others may have to wait longer before they have the ability to download it.

This is just based off of the one tweet, I have no other information. The reason I think it will arrive to users in stages is the last statement in the tweet saying that it "rolls out across the globe throughout the day".

Last edited by homeycool; 08-21-2014 at 12:55 AM. Reason: Grammar
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2014, 12:54 AM   #16
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeycool
The way I understand it, it will not be available to download for most starting at 12 EST (9 PT) but rather that is when it will start rolling out to select users, continuing throughout the day. So while some users might be able to download it right away, others may have to wait longer before they have the ability to download it.

Again this is just based off of the one tweet. I have no other information to base it off. The reason I think it will arrive to users in stages is the last statement in the tweet saying that it "rolls out across the globe throughout the day".
Yeah I wad wondering about that when I initially saw the tweet.

Is it being released in 'waves' per time zone or by country/ continent?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »