Home

Madden NFL 15: Retail First Impressions

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15: Retail First Impressions within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2014, 11:05 AM   #57
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Madden NFL 15: Retail First Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Glass
"Most people will win the super bowl and move on."

Interesting take from a female reviewer.
If I win the Super Bowl with my team a few times and I feel like it's getting too easy I'll just retire that owner and pick a lower rated team.
Old 08-21-2014, 11:07 AM   #58
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
If I win the Super Bowl with my team a few times and I feel like it's getting too easy I'll just retire that owner and pick a lower rated team.
That's definitely optional.
Old 08-21-2014, 11:11 AM   #59
Banned

OVR: 0
After reading more reviews its clear I will skip this year, still too many legacy issues like no penalties, qbs too accurate. Baby steps every year. Reviews have been mixed. Maybe by 2017 we will have proper movement, proper wr/db jostling. Sign.
Old 08-21-2014, 11:14 AM   #60
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSheep2910
I don't think anyone was trying to insult MMChris, but the" fanboyish" ( yes i just made up my own word lol) impressions become a bit irritating. No offense to MMChris, you are entitled to your own opinion (no matter what that maybe). But please understand that the game can be better analyzed with a non-biased opinion (someone who calls it like it IS). Coming from that perspective, this impression doesn't hold much weight. And regardless if you like or cant stand Madden, we all hope for the best and want solid impressions we can gauge the game with (especially without a demo). Im going to redbox it. I could have found out everything i needed from the demo, but we all know that isn't possible. I think that inadvertently amplifies the "need" for unbiased impressions. Thanks for sharing anyways thou.
Agree OS has been very madden biased it seems, no sports series had the long standing legacy issues madden had. They overhype and overrate madden year in and out.
Old 08-21-2014, 11:17 AM   #61
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
If he is referring to who I think he is then the reported game changer did not use slide protection to see if that would block it. He actually told people how to block it without using slide protection. Again, I might be talking about someone different.

Edit: Well I can see why people would complain about the first one. That just shouldn't happen. But again, he still never discusses slide protection and its implications. So once you see this and if slide protection has any implications, just pat yourself on the back, use slide protection and tell the people who are trying to use this NICE Try.

The second one I wouldn't consider a nano.
If only people would use the tools.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2014, 11:18 AM   #62
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingWeazel
Agree OS has been very madden biased it seems, no sports series had the long standing legacy issues madden had. They overhype and overrate madden year in and out.
Haven't read the reviews in the last few years? They've been mediocre at best at OS.

http://www.operationsports.com/revie...madden-nfl-25/

http://www.operationsports.com/revie...madden-nfl-12/

Same scores, good, not great.

Madden 13 received a 8.5

Last edited by roadman; 08-21-2014 at 11:22 AM.
Old 08-21-2014, 11:21 AM   #63
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Glass
Because there aren't many female reviewers (if any that I know of) that write sports game reviews.
That's true. Good point. She goes on the operationsports podcast and definitely knows a lot about Madden, for what it's worth.
Old 08-21-2014, 11:22 AM   #64
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
Why go over something that's already confirmed not in the game? I could do that...but I'd have 2000 words of initial impressions of things well known at this point.
Fair enough but not everyone is aware of this fact. What about the dozen or more legacy issues it still has?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »