Home

Madden NFL 15 Reviews From Around the Web

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Reviews From Around the Web within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Forza Horizon 5 Review
Have Card-Collecting Modes Become Too Complicated?
Hockey Ultimate Team in NHL 22 Polishes Familiar Formula
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2014, 11:58 AM   #17
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT
 
charter04's Arena
 
OVR: 21
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 5,707
Blog Entries: 3
Re: Madden NFL 15 Reviews From Around the Web

Quote:
Originally Posted by l8knight1
I will criticize GI in that they attack CFM shortcomings out of the gate without seemingly to have played a down of the game first. I'm in the gameplay first camp. Good game bro's review was incredibly complete top to bottom.

you really think they haven't had to game for a while now? I'm sure they have played CFM plenty.
charter04 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 12:12 PM   #18
Rookie
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: H-Town
Re: Madden NFL 15 Reviews From Around the Web

This was my first exposure to Goodgamebro, and I have to say I am impressed. Very detailed review, gave me all the info I needed. I feel like I don't even need to read another review.
kenlovin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 12:15 PM   #19
Banned
 
OVR: 28
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,301
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Madden NFL 15 Reviews From Around the Web

I read a few reviews late last night (which included a few of the ones that were posted in the OP), and I notice the common theme. There are improvements, but they are not enough. This is always the common thread with Madden. These micro-steps towards a complete and well-implemented football game take WAAAAAAY too long, and with the power of exclusivity, it adds an entitlement to say, "be patient, it takes time" from the developers. a decade is too long to wait just to get the stuff back that we had in past games, and quite frankly, these reviews sound almost like a cut and paste from last year (and the year before). While I can appreciate the passion and effort (and candidness) of Rex and team, the execution is still very lacking. Since Madden is the only football game, I want to see it compared more to its peers like The Show, FIFA, and NBA 2k. The fact that anyone could say that the presentation is on par with NBA 2k and FIFA tells me that they are clearly watching or playing a different game than I am seeing. The commentary in Madden is still bad (this after nearly 4 iterations of the game when we were told this "new technology" would be used"). FIFA has multiple broadcast teams and the banter flows smoothly. NBA 2k has the TNT branding and it replicates quite amazingly. NHL has the real NBC Sports team and branding. What does Madden have, the EA Tiburon Sports network that shows highlights with dead space and zoomed in camera angles that don't allow you to see the play unfold?

Also, in the videos, many OSers were speaking up about the "inaccuracy system" not being prevalent enough and sure enough it's been commented on in a few reviews already. Skyboxer also mentioned it. Eh, I could write so much more, but really I'd just be regurgitating the same stuff I have for 7 years and what good comes out of it?

I just wish the bar would be raised more for this game and the expectations would hold this team more accountable. Reviews are powerful, and this game should never earn anything past a 7 if you were to compare it to not only its peers, but to itself from 2 gens ago and other competing football games of the past. The one thing that can actually gain the ear of the, apparently, tone def EA execs would be review scores and that doesn't happen because they are always inflated. Oh well, hopefully the guys who really enjoy Madden can have a great year with the game. For me, I'm just exasperated and completely worn out with this game. It's like pulling on a rope for 9 years and never being able to gain any ground.

Last edited by GiantBlue76; 08-21-2014 at 12:17 PM.
GiantBlue76 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 12:17 PM   #20
Banned
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Jun 2003
Re: Madden NFL 15 Reviews From Around the Web

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
I read a few reviews late last night (which included a few of the ones that were posted in the OP), and I notice the common theme. There are improvements, but they are not enough. This is always the common thread with Madden. These micro-steps towards a complete and well-implemented football game take WAAAAAAY too long, and with the power of exclusivity, it adds an entitlement to say, "be patient, it takes time" from the developers. a decade is too long to wait just to get the stuff back that we had in past games, and quite frankly, these reviews sound almost like a cut and paste from last year (and the year before). While I can appreciate the passion and effort (and candidness) of Rex and team, the execution is still very lacking. Since Madden is the only football game, I want to see it compared more to its peers like The Show, FIFA, and NBA 2k. The fact that anyone could say that the presentation is on par with NBA 2k and FIFA tells me that they are clearly watching or playing a different game than I am seeing. The commentary in Madden is still bad (this after nearly 4 iterations of the game when we were told this "new technology" would be used"). FIFA has multiple broadcast teams and the banter flows smoothly. NBA 2k has the TNT branding and it replicates quite amazingly. NHL has the real NBC Sports team and branding. What does Madden have, the EA Tiburon Sports network that shows highlights with dead space and zoomed in camera angles that don't allow you to see the play unfold?

Also, in the videos, many OSers were speaking up about the "inaccuracy system" not being prevalent enough and sure enough it's been commented on in a few reviews already. Skyboxer also mentioned it. Eh, I could write so much more, but really I'd just be regurgitating the same stuff I have for 7 years and what good comes out of it?

I just wish the bar would be raised more for this game and the expectations would hold this team more accountable. Reviews are powerful, and this game should never earn anything past a 7 if you were to compare it to not only its peers, but to itself from 2 gens ago and other competing football games of the past. The one thing that can actually gain the ear of the, apparently, tone def EA execs would be review scores and that doesn't happen because they are always inflated. Oh well, hopefully the guys who really enjoy Madden can have a great year with the game. For me, I just exasperated completely worn out with this game. It's like pulling on a rope for 9 years and never being able to gain any ground.
There is literally 0 incentive for EA to take the time and money to significantly improve Madden.

"Be patient" means "we are not doing it, because it costs more than it's worth, because you'll buy anyway because there is no other option."

Madden sits in a perfect spot. It sells not because people love Madden, but because people love football. They could turn every player into little piles of poo running around the field and it would still sell. And with no competition, where else will people turn?
Cutwolf is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 12:29 PM   #21
MVP
 
LorenzoDC's Arena
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Sep 2010
Re: Madden NFL 15 Reviews From Around the Web

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Eh, Sage, that hasn't been true the last few years, though. The reviews, based on my memeory, have been mediocre at best.
They still end up with about an 80 on metacritic, green rating. When you read the reviews, you can tell how the highest ones are by people who read the EA press release and who don't play sports games by habit.

I'd say the reviews have been weaker the last couple of years, but still inflated. The trend of the general reviewers tends to lag what hard core gamers think about the game by a couple of years, in my view.

With that in mind, after last year's uninspiring versions of the game, reviews might be weak this year even if the game is really better.

This is why I will pay much more attention to these boards than any published reviews, and wait to decide about buying until about September 10th or so.
LorenzoDC is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2014, 12:31 PM   #22
*ll St*r
 
roadman's Arena
 
OVR: 34
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Midwest
Posts: 25,771
Re: Madden NFL 15 Reviews From Around the Web

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC
They still end up with about an 80 on metacritic, green rating. When you read the reviews, you can tell how the highest ones are by people who read the EA press release and who don't play sports games by habit.

I'd say the reviews have been weaker the last couple of years, but still inflated. The trend of the general reviewers tends to lag what hard core gamers think about the game by a couple of years, in my view.

With that in mind, after last year's uninspiring versions of the game, reviews might be weak this year even if the game is really better.

This is why I will pay much more attention to these boards than any published reviews, and wait to decide about buying until about September 10th or so.
Yep, the reviews have been 7.5 two years out of the last three years at OS, but people will believe what they want to believe.

7.5 is good, not great.
roadman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 12:36 PM   #23
Stop The GOAT Talk
 
SageInfinite's Arena
 
OVR: 40
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 11,879
Re: Madden NFL 15 Reviews From Around the Web

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Eh, Sage, that hasn't been true the last few years, though. The reviews, based on my memeory, have been mediocre at best.
I mean I hate to go by metacritic, but to my understanding it's a culmination of all the scores reviewed by the media, and Madden has scored no lower than a 74, and that was for Madden 06, which we all know was one of the worst Maddens in it's history. All the other games scored in the 80s.
__________________
http://twitter.com/sageinfinite

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
SageInfinite is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 12:39 PM   #24
*ll St*r
 
roadman's Arena
 
OVR: 34
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Midwest
Posts: 25,771
Re: Madden NFL 15 Reviews From Around the Web

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I mean I hate to go by metacritic, but to my understanding it's a culmination of all the scores reviewed by the media, and Madden has scored no lower than a 74, and that was for Madden 06, which we all know was one of the worst Maddens in it's history. All the other games scored in the 80s.
I don't even look at or consider metacritic.

I thought you were referencing OS, two of the three years 7.5 scores.

I could care less what IGN gives for a score.
roadman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:28 AM.

Top -