Home

Early Access to Madden NFL 15 Has Arrived For EA Access Subscribers

This is a discussion on Early Access to Madden NFL 15 Has Arrived For EA Access Subscribers within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2014, 03:25 PM   #233
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Early Access to Madden NFL 15 Has Arrived For EA Access Subscribers

glad it works but it doesn't matter EA needs to do the right thing for the folks (not me) that actually took the day off from work in order to dedicate time to their product. Add a few hours to the trial.

Make it right.
Old 08-21-2014, 03:26 PM   #234
Rookie

SladeWilson's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nypresspass
Why the rush to defend companies that plainly blew it? The point shouldn't be whether customers have a right to be upset about not receiving something they paid for. They should of course be upset and hold the companies' feet to the fire.

And of course his analogy is apt. You buy a product/service, you get that product/service. If not, you can sue or contact a regulator or at the very least make sure fellow customers know to avoid that seller.
Im not defending them, Im just trying to help others understand how technology works. By comparing a digital code to milk, its clear users aren't quite sure what they are dealing with.

EA didnt wake up this morning with the intention of having the Access trial not work, people seem to have a hard time understanding that. Something went wrong with the data transfer(a VERY common occurrence) to MS's servers. It happens.

Both EA and MS have commented on the issue. Hell we've even got a rep from EA in this very thread commenting on said issue.

Again, im not at all saying we shouldn't be frustrated, but people have got to understand whats actually going on. People think stuff like this is just done with an Easy button and left. Its NEVER that simple.
Old 08-21-2014, 03:27 PM   #235
McG
Rookie

McG's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SladeWilson
They're WHOLLY different, particularly when we are talking about digital titles. EA had everything set to go, when the data was sent to MS to be uploaded to their servers, they hit a snag. Most likely due to the recent update to MS's system that allowed Pre Installation of games. The service seems to have trouble differentiating from Access users and non access users. Again, im not saying you cant be frustrated. Im frustrated myself.

So your analogy of buying milk or gas is in NO way relevant.
How is that different? So you buy your milk directly from the dairy? No, you buy it from a grocery store. So if the milk company delivers the milk, but the grocery store puts it up and there is a problem with it (makes people sick, w/e). It's going to be the Dairy's problem along with the store you bought it from. Either way, there will be retribution for the party who bought the product, right?

I believe that my analogy is 100% relevant, it's just when you interpret it to better your argument, then of course you can manipulate it to be in your favor. Just like I did above.
Old 08-21-2014, 03:28 PM   #236
Rookie

Risin's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EASPORTS_AJ
By the way, everyone will still get their full allotment of time on the trial. The delays to this working will not affect that. You will all get your play time.
How about an extension on the allotment? It's a bit irritating that you even bring this up. None of us assumed we'd lose our alloted time, we actually hoped ea would increase the time.

I know you are the messenger, so please understand it's not a personal thing. Thanks for the update.
Old 08-21-2014, 03:28 PM   #237
Rookie

DanH35's Arena

OVR: 2

For those saying it's working now, did you have to restart your system or anything? I'm still getting the same error.
Old 08-21-2014, 03:28 PM   #238
EA Sports Community Manager

EASPORTS_AJ's Arena

OVR: 2

Hey guys - Try again. It should be working now.
Old 08-21-2014, 03:29 PM   #239
Rookie

jahswill's Arena

OVR: 7

I noticed that Live 14 is in the vault. About $30. I didn't realize the vault was going to have games for purchase.
Old 08-21-2014, 03:29 PM   #240
Rookie

SladeWilson's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by McG
How is that different? So you buy your milk directly from the dairy? No, you buy it from a grocery store. So if the milk company delivers the milk, but the grocery store puts it up and there is a problem with it (makes people sick, w/e). It's going to be the Dairy's problem along with the store you bought it from. Either way, there will be retribution for the party who bought the product, right?

I believe that my analogy is 100% relevant, it's just when you interpret it to better your argument, then of course you can manipulate it to be in your favor. Just like I did above.
Technology isn't like milk. If you cant see that, I cant help you.

Everything moot now as it appears MS and EA have worked out the issues.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »