Home

Madden NFL 15: Playing Defense Isn't Utterly Boring Anymore

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15: Playing Defense Isn't Utterly Boring Anymore within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2014, 05:05 PM   #17
MVP

RandallB21's Arena

OVR: 8
I have always liked playing defense in football games. Just as much if not more than offense. Being able to shut down an opponent is very satisfying. Maybe I am biased because I played FS and QB in high school (I liked FS more because we ran the ball A LOT!).

To me the challenge of defense is the fun.
Old 08-21-2014, 05:09 PM   #18
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15: Playing Defense Isn't Utterly Boring Anymore

Are defensive match ups back this year?
Old 08-21-2014, 05:21 PM   #19
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksufan7
Is there an option to use the previous camera angle (like the other versions) on D in Madden?
I'm also wondering the same thing. Has anyone found an option to switch cameras? I like the play safety and it makes this current camera makes it tough to read the whole field.
Old 08-21-2014, 05:43 PM   #20
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrom
This is good news but it still sucks you need sliders to make the balance better
This will be the case with every sports game that comes out for the rest of time. There's no way it's going to play perfectly out of the box for 100% of the consumers. That's why sliders are there. To make the game play better for each individual.
Old 08-21-2014, 09:18 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 3
I guess this is the difference between me and a lot of people that play madden which why my criticism has been so strong towards the game - i actually find offense the boring side of the ball. Nothing is more satisfying than making a hit or picking off a pass in my opinion.
Granted i always create a linebacker so im chomping at the bit to get back on D.

The fact that EA has taken this long to focus on D in my mind is inexcusable. Not everyone who plays this game is all about the flash and bombing the ball downfield every play but it seems like this game has only catered to that fan for about 10 years now...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2014, 10:22 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
This will be the case with every sports game that comes out for the rest of time. There's no way it's going to play perfectly out of the box for 100% of the consumers. That's why sliders are there. To make the game play better for each individual.
I disagree with this...I found the shows Dynamic difficulty to be amazing this year. I didn't touch the sliders once and had great gameplay
Old 08-22-2014, 08:09 AM   #23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamoanSteelerFromAus
I guess this is the difference between me and a lot of people that play madden which why my criticism has been so strong towards the game - i actually find offense the boring side of the ball. Nothing is more satisfying than making a hit or picking off a pass in my opinion.
Granted i always create a linebacker so im chomping at the bit to get back on D.

The fact that EA has taken this long to focus on D in my mind is inexcusable. Not everyone who plays this game is all about the flash and bombing the ball downfield every play but it seems like this game has only catered to that fan for about 10 years now...
I also enjoy playing defense more than offense. I consider my self a Madden defensive guru. I held online opponents to an average of 13 points or below last yr on PS4 (and i can provide proof if necessary). Although i am able to defend the glitches, it becomes a headache putting in button commands (EVERY PLAY) equivalent to a Killer Instinct ultra combo. I was willing to tolerate what ever flaws there are, as long as Def played more formidable. Im not really hearing anyone mention the specific things im looking for. Ill have to wait and see with a weekend rental. Im not holding my breath thou.
Old 08-22-2014, 08:42 AM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVCbearcat10
Too bad there's no demo. So much sounds promising, but videos make it seem like many of the legacy issues are still there. It's going to be tough to commit to buying this game because of it. I just worry that your first week or two with the game is getting used to some of these new features causing you to overlook other aspects. Once that newness wears off, legacy issues will make the game boring and fustrating rather quickly like in the past.
I was planning all along to just rent it first this year, but the best buy deal was too good to pass up. They are basically giving madden away.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »