Home

Madden NFL 15: Playing Defense Isn't Utterly Boring Anymore

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15: Playing Defense Isn't Utterly Boring Anymore within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2014, 08:44 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15: Playing Defense Isn't Utterly Boring Anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers=SuperBowl
I disagree with this...I found the shows Dynamic difficulty to be amazing this year. I didn't touch the sliders once and had great gameplay
Didn't madden have dynamic difficulty at one point? Of course they took it out, they'll probably put it back in in a couple of years and tout it as a whole new feature built from the ground up! Lol.

The shows dynamic difficulty has been awesome for me this year, I love it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2014, 09:41 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
This will be the case with every sports game that comes out for the rest of time. There's no way it's going to play perfectly out of the box for 100% of the consumers. That's why sliders are there. To make the game play better for each individual.
How about make it play perfect for 20% of the users? Its called balancing the game.
Old 08-22-2014, 09:43 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamoanSteelerFromAus
I guess this is the difference between me and a lot of people that play madden which why my criticism has been so strong towards the game - i actually find offense the boring side of the ball. Nothing is more satisfying than making a hit or picking off a pass in my opinion.
Granted i always create a linebacker so im chomping at the bit to get back on D.

The fact that EA has taken this long to focus on D in my mind is inexcusable. Not everyone who plays this game is all about the flash and bombing the ball downfield every play but it seems like this game has only catered to that fan for about 10 years now...
totally agree. I know its difficult to make a complex game like Football work in video games but ignoring the defense is equal to a decade of ignoring 1/3rd of the sport
Old 08-22-2014, 04:13 PM   #28
MVP

Poke's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers=SuperBowl
I disagree with this...I found the shows Dynamic difficulty to be amazing this year. I didn't touch the sliders once and had great gameplay
How can you disagree with his post when you do not represent 100% of the customers?
Old 08-22-2014, 06:37 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
This will be the case with every sports game that comes out for the rest of time. There's no way it's going to play perfectly out of the box for 100% of the consumers. That's why sliders are there. To make the game play better for each individual.
Do the sliders actually do what they say or is there still this "penalty sliders impacting actual gameplay more than penalties themselves" sort of thing going on.

It's one thing to have to adjust them - it's another when you have to discover "hidden effects" because they don't do what they say on the tin.
Old 08-22-2014, 06:40 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by lopey986
Didn't madden have dynamic difficulty at one point? Of course they took it out, they'll probably put it back in in a couple of years and tout it as a whole new feature built from the ground up! Lol.

The shows dynamic difficulty has been awesome for me this year, I love it.
They had something similar. MyMadden or something like that where it did adjust based on your raw performance stats (which is flawed...I'm not sucky because I have Kyle Boller is my QB, my passing sucks because Boller sucks and the WR suck, but no, let's not consider team in any of this)

That's why I stay away from auto-adjusting sliders. Even in MLB the Show - if I have the Marlins, I don't suck at hitting, the Marlins suck at hitting, so, of course, I'm not going to score runs as if I had even an average offense.

Why should the game assume I suck because I control the team that scored the fewest runs in the league last year?
Old 08-23-2014, 01:11 AM   #31
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
Defense this year actually has compelling components to it and, dare I say it, it's actually kind of fun. Playing as a defensive end and trying to get around an elite OT is a challenge I've long waited for in Madden. The big thing defense is missing is a set of dedicated DB/WR interactions you can utilize while playing as a member of your favorite team's secondary.
[*]Playing as a LB or DB is more fun, not all the way where it should be. If you prefer to play as a LB or DB, it's certainly more fun than it has been to play in Madden, especially with the new over the shoulder camera angle. Shedding blocks makes playing as a LB'er much more of a timing based thing, almost like a mini-game in and of itself, but you'll feel weird in pass coverage almost guaranteed. The controls certainly work, although you do get the feeling there is another layer you aren't getting to fully explore at this level. Compared to last year, we've definitely taken a noticeable step forward though.
Db/we interactions have been needed forever. Playing coverage needs a lot of work overall. Only the really experienced madden guys can do it at all without just using the cpu assist to control your man until the pass comes your way.

I loved controlling the lb back in the ps2 days. On the ps3 I mostly just put the lb in zone and just kept my thumb over the triangle while the cpu played...or simmed defense altogether offline. It sucks it sounds like coverage is still the same.

Using the defensive camera and a de looks to be the only way to play d. Of all the videos I've seen, those have me the most interested in playing madden 15.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2014, 09:35 AM   #32
Rookie

jwagner82's Arena

OVR: 8

Uh, if you're having trouble with coverage, start watching real players and mimic how they play, don't just run around the field like half of the Defensive camera players do. If you're playing coverage, even just watch a dude like QJB's CFM videos on youtube, and watch how he uses the strafe to do real back pedals like an actual CB/LB would do when backing off the line. I see so many people usering LB's and S's and just running around with them, no strafe whatsoever. strafe is the difference between letting them catch a comeback and being able to bait a qb into thinking he's open

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »