Home

Early Access to Madden NFL 15 is Working For EA Access Subscribers

This is a discussion on Early Access to Madden NFL 15 is Working For EA Access Subscribers within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2014, 04:28 PM   #25
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Early Access to Madden NFL 15 is Working For EA Access Subscribers

Played one game so far. Patriots vs browns. 5 minutes all-pro 20 second run off

I've never been so nervous playing or setting up a game. The timer is in the back of your head. Makes it tough to enjoy and watch things like halftime or replays

Graphics are better(but why is everything so shinny including the browns uniforms).

Presentation is better

Won 21-7

I chose kick if I won the toss, I received so I'm guessing the CPU won the toss and elected to kick. I can't remember the last tine the CPU did that

CPU running game was not great but there run defense was better than 25

I have to get used to the new play calling screens

My formations were all screwed up. They had Ridley lined up wide in my 5 wr set , it had gronk as a wr and Williams as a te in a 4wr, 1te set

I like switching cameras on the fly

CPU play calling and clock mgmt seemed ok
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2014, 04:31 PM   #26
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

2quick questions

1. When i turned on my xbox it didn't recognized me. It asked if I wanted to use my minutes or buy an additional users. For $5 can you buy 6 more hours

2. I shut off my xbox. My time should stop right. I'm not sure if it keeps running while it's off if I want to resume my game later.
Old 08-21-2014, 04:33 PM   #27
Rookie

nascar163's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by B1MM3R
Nascar163, did you play madden 25? If so how much better is madden 15 so far?
Yes I did play Madden 25, but to be honest, I'm using this EA Access to see what's different, seeing what works, etc.

I personally think the players have more weight to them. I don't know if it's because of the Xbox One controller or not, but it's harder to cut, make turns, etc.

I've also noticed that the defense is better than before, but I still don't know how to use the tackle cone. Tackle Cone = Madden 06's QB Cone to me, haha.

The presentation is much better though this year. One thing that went unmentioned was the end of the quarters. In those, it feels like you're about to go into commercial break, you have a two-second black screen, then you go into that Papa John's part. The voiceover I think is done by the guy who does them for NFL Network.

It also seems like there's more commentary lines this year, but a majority of what I've heard so far is generic back-and-forth.

The animated Jim Nantz and Phil Simms look better (not like they're dead), but Simms now looks like he has a sweating problem.

But there are a few things I don't like.

There is now no option to choose what you want every game for the coin toss. You have to pre-select them (like a strategy) beforehand, at least in CFM while setting up the mode.

The playcalling also seems like a jumbled mess now to find plays. I was one of those people who hated Quick Plays, and now you have to go through multiple tiles (Community Play, Most Used Plays, Possible Plays, Formations and so forth.) Once again, it might be because of the Xbox One controller.

The presentation still has its glitches as well. During the opening intro (before it goes into the gameplay), I heard a few audio glitches here and there. The graphics for stats and that also seem to go too fast.

Finally, as many others have mentioned in the other threads, there are passing routes you can still abuse if you know what you're doing, curl routes being the main one. The flat routes are also almost always open (when it's the RB.) But other routes/pass plays like Verticals and Play Action are really tough to complete. I once got sacked while running a PA play the second I finished the fake handoff.

And of course, I hate the Xbox One controller. I pre-ordered the game for the PlayStation 4 either way, so that's a plus.

“Any time you try to win everything, you must be willing to lose everything.” – Larry Csonka, Pro Football Hall of Famer, Class of 1987.

Last edited by nascar163; 08-21-2014 at 04:58 PM. Reason: Misspelled name.
Old 08-21-2014, 04:33 PM   #28
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascar163
Here you go.

Does this come up only when you exit Madden and bring it back up or does it pop up on occasion, letting you know?
Follow me on Twitter
Old 08-21-2014, 04:34 PM   #29
24 Forever

mike24forever's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
2quick questions

1. When i turned on my xbox it didn't recognized me. It asked if I wanted to use my minutes or buy an additional users. For $5 can you buy 6 more hours

2. I shut off my xbox. My time should stop right. I'm not sure if it keeps running while it's off if I want to resume my game later.
They are selling additional hours??? Damn.
Old 08-21-2014, 04:35 PM   #30
Rookie

nascar163's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Does this come up only when you exit Madden and bring it back up or does it pop up on occasion, letting you know?
It came up when I launched Madden 15. The only other way you can check it is through the EA Access panel by going to the Games tab, press Madden 15, click Play Trial and then it shows the timer. Then you get to choose between buying the game and going into the trial.

“Any time you try to win everything, you must be willing to lose everything.” – Larry Csonka, Pro Football Hall of Famer, Class of 1987.
Old 08-21-2014, 04:36 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31

I've never been so nervous playing or setting up a game. The timer is in the back of your head. Makes it tough to enjoy and watch things like halftime or replays

LOL, so true. Found myself checking the clock on the wall every 5 minutes. Almost makes it hard to concentrate on gameplay. Just trying to take everything in all at once.

First impression right off was of the visuals. Jaw dropping. Easily better on the eyes than M25.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2014, 04:37 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascar163
Yes I did play Madden 25, but to be honest, I'm using this EA Access to see what's different, seeing what works, etc.

I personally think the players have more weight to them. I don't know if it's because of the Xbox One controller or not, but it's harder to cut, make turns, etc.

I've also noticed that the defense is better than before, but I still don't know how to use the tackle cone. Tackle Cone = Madden 06's QB Cone to me, haha.

The presentation is much better though this year. One thing that went unmentioned was the end of the quarters. In those, it feels like you're about to go into commercial break, you have a two-second black screen, then you go into that Papa John's part. The voiceover I think is done by the guy who does them for NFL Network.

It also seems like there's more commentary lines this year, but a majority of what I've heard so far is generic back-and-forth.

The animated Jim Nance and Phil Simms look better (not like they're dead), but Simms now looks like he has a sweating problem.

But there are a few things I don't like.

There is now no option to choose what you want every game for the coin toss. You have to pre-select them (like a strategy) beforehand, at least in CFM while setting up the mode.

The playcalling also seems like a jumbled mess now to find plays. I was one of those people who hated Quick Plays, and now you have to go through multiple tiles (Community Play, Most Used Plays, Possible Plays, Formations and so forth.) Once again, it might be because of the Xbox One controller.

The presentation still has its glitches as well. During the opening intro (before it goes into the gameplay), I heard a few audio glitches here and there. The graphics for stats and that also seem to go too fast.

Finally, as many others have mentioned in the other threads, there are passing routes you can still abuse if you know what you're doing, curl routes being the main one. The flat routes are also almost always open (when it's the RB.) But other routes/pass plays like Verticals and Play Action are really tough to complete. I once got sacked while running a PA play the second I finished the fake handoff.

And of course, I hate the Xbox One controller. I pre-ordered the game for the PlayStation 4 either way, so that's a plus.

Did you play 25 on last gen? The weight to the players feels exactly like the XB1 version of Madden 25. 360/PS4 didn't use the ignite engine.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »