Home

Madden NFL 15 Review (PS4/XB1)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Review (PS4/XB1) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2014, 06:59 PM   #97
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: Madden NFL 15 Review (PS4/XB1)

Haven't been into games like Madden, NBA in years because of the lack of player control and terrible feel of automation. The strive to make it 'LOOK' realistic has taken away from the control & fun for the player. Maybe in the future they can make it look AND play amazing, but they're not there yet. Still play Pro Evo 5 on the PS2, stuff like Hot Shots Tennis/Golf, but I've pretty much gotten away from modern sports games, DESPITE being a big sports and video games fan.
Old 08-23-2014, 07:22 PM   #98
Rookie

OVR: 0
Unfortunately the stats and progression issues are killers for me. I was really looking forward to picking up Madden this year for the first time in a while, but until these are address it's a big nope for me.
Old 08-23-2014, 11:40 PM   #99
MVP

OVR: 10
From all indications, this is much better than last years' version. But last year got an 8 rating.

I don't understand the lack of consistency here.
Old 08-24-2014, 08:06 AM   #100
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mantiis
Thank You! First honest review I have read. I have gained an increase of respect for this place. Yet, as far as the game- it does appear like much of a difference from the last couple years- with the exception of a few tweaks and some new looks. I'll be holding on to my $60.00, but may pick it up when it substantially drops in price.
You will be missing out, this is the Madden to buy if you have a next gen console.
Old 08-24-2014, 08:13 AM   #101
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
More importantly....does the CPU TAK slider impact the kicking power like last year? Do we have to go through the whole song and dance to get sliders and auto-subs to load properly in CFM?

M25 for next-gen was such a bear last year because the sliders didn't do what they were supposed to do. On old-gen, they did, and that made modifying the gameplay experience far less frustrating. .

If the sliders are in a decent state and if they fix the sim stats issue (first review I have read that mentioned that - thank you much for that), then this might actually pull me away from NCAA 14 for a while...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2014, 11:34 AM   #102
Rookie

OVR: 3

Sorry. I don't care how much the gameplay is improved, if a sports game ships with a broken franchise mode, they can't score this highly. Absolutely can't.
Old 08-24-2014, 02:34 PM   #103
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarlordZMaster
This review is too low. This is by far the best game of NFL Football available outside of the real game. Finally, eclipsing my all time fav NFL2K5. I had lost all interest in Madden over the years, only getting M25 with EA Access. M25 is a good game of ball, but M15 is a leap forward. Graphics, presentation, emotion are all amazing. Gameplay is tight and competitive. Lots of modes, heck the player improvement drills are fun. I will be spending much of my gaming time over the next few months with M15. See you in MUT fellas!
While I'm glad to see you are having fun with the game for what it is, I have to disagree completely with the assessment that Madden is the most sim game to date. For one, since when did you watch games on Sundays where Olinemen get tossed around like feather weights. Those guys train and get paid to do a job just like the defense. Another thing, there is ZERO technique in the pass rush and QBs drifting back in the pocket for 10 extra yards is a fundamental no no. Olinemen stand starring down field once a defender basically runs over them. The animations are horrid. QBs don't use proper mechanics or footwork. Every team uses the same exact blocking system which uses poor logic giving the illusion that the defense is making great plays. DBs are still seen standing flatfooted in zone coverage. Weather still means nothing, penalties nonexistent. That's what you think you see on Sundays?? And the saddest thing of all is the fact that APF still does a lot of these things better. Soooo, I have to completely disagree. From the what I played these things are still broken. Oh and I forgot to mention the gang tackling which is not tackling at all. Players just run into each other, then go limp and seemingly unconscious after contact. Thats NOT what I see in real football man. But again, if its great to you then that's all that matters. Just agreeing to disagree.
Old 08-24-2014, 05:08 PM   #104
MVP

bigball12's Arena

OVR: 12

The review is well written and informative.

Although not mentioning the removal of team play, seems like an oversight.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »