Home

Who Plays What Modes...By Percentage?

This is a discussion on Who Plays What Modes...By Percentage? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2014, 10:19 PM   #1
Rookie

ShavarHayes's Arena

OVR: 2
Who Plays What Modes...By Percentage?

It's safe to say I'm a Madden OG, as I've been playing for about 23 years. I've been around for every implementation, exclusion, fluff feature, etc. I always notice that whenever there's a new focus, a lot of the community feels alienated. When they focus on CFM, strictly online H2H feel neglected. They focus on online gameplay, offline guys feel left out. Then there's MUT (which I've never even touched), which a lot of guys spend damn near all their time on. What modes do you guys feel get the most attention among all Madden players? Is a minimal amount of attention, evenly dispersed the answer? Are you satisfied with all you know about '15? If not, what's the next level for you?

It's almost that time fellas...officially lol

I play sim because there's no other way to play. PERIOD
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2014, 10:34 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Who Plays What Modes...By Percentage?

I'd bet that offline CFM is still the most played, easily. But MUT is starting to take over and it makes perfect sense from a business model standpoint to introduce it. I think it was bound to be popular as long as the devs didnt butcher the implementation. Its a persistent, team building game mode, borrowing the personnell strategy mechanic that CFM users love, and fusing it into an online vs mode with a season structure.

They could have added the ability to ALLOW AN OFFLINE CFM PLAYER TO TAKE HIS TEAM ONLINE AGAINST OTHERS' SQUADS, but how do you charge money for roster moves in franchise mode? Pay actual dollars to re-sign top talent?

They are the gatekeepers, and would love MUT to be the most popular mode, im sure.
Old 08-22-2014, 10:39 PM   #3
Rookie

ShavarHayes's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primo80
I'd bet that offline CFM is still the most played, easily. But MUT is starting to take over and it makes perfect sense from a business model standpoint to introduce it. I think it was bound to be popular as long as the devs didnt butcher the implementation. Its a persistent, team building game mode, borrowing the personnell strategy mechanic that CFM users love, and fusing it into an online vs mode with a season structure.

They could have added the ability to ALLOW AN OFFLINE CFM PLAYER TO TAKE HIS TEAM ONLINE AGAINST OTHERS' SQUADS, but how do you charge money for roster moves in franchise mode? Pay actual dollars to re-sign top talent?

They are the gatekeepers, and would love MUT to be the most popular mode, im sure.
I may actually give MUT some love this year. Like I said, I've never even touched it. '15 may be the season

I play sim because there's no other way to play. PERIOD
Old 08-22-2014, 10:42 PM   #4
Rookie

falconfansince81's Arena

OVR: 3

Played Madden since its inception, was always competitive online, especially in sim leagues. Lately, I don't have time for them anymore so in order to not become bored playing the CPU for maybe 2 seasons, I played CFM as a created player.

The mode itself is and always has been terribly stale, but with the new D cam it became more fun as a defensive player. It's the only way I get into 5 year franchises being able to play a just few hours per week. Seems like a lot of the focus is on MUT, but lately the devs have put a lot more time into CFM to where I feel the work is spread out pretty evenly.

I do hope they revamp superstar mode so it becomes its own entity next year now that the other modes have a solid foundation. After playing the 6 hour trial, I'd give it a 6.5/10, whereas M25 scored about a 5.5 for me, so it's certainly improved, but still needs a lot more work to reach true next gen status.
Old 08-22-2014, 10:46 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShavarHayes
I may actually give MUT some love this year. Like I said, I've never even touched it. '15 may be the season
Yeah, its a blast actually. Its a different kind of fun than cfm.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2014, 10:53 PM   #6
Rookie

Just wish they added matchmaking for offline cfm. Playing the computer is fine if you can stay in the daze of denial. When you play people online, it makes playing the computer seem like the special olympics.
Old 08-22-2014, 11:33 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 18

Offline franchise - 90%
Exhibition - 5%
Online play ranked/unranked - 5%
Old 08-23-2014, 12:46 AM   #8
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16

Offline franchise 100%

I would like if your earn coins to buy MUT cards but not actually have to play MUT. I miss the card collecting days.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »