Home

Offline CCM question for you

This is a discussion on Offline CCM question for you within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2014, 03:07 AM   #9
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Offline CCM question for you

usually I just jump right into franchise mode, cause I cant wait

this year however I am hearing about all these horrible CPU roster management mishaps, that I think ill start out with some online or MuT and see what happens
Old 08-24-2014, 03:21 AM   #10
Rookie

Odine's Arena

OVR: 0

Roster update, cuz I can wait :-)
Old 08-24-2014, 03:24 AM   #11
Pro

dazzelle's Arena

It will probably be a few weeks til i start a franchise. I haven't played madden since 2010(maybe a few games of a friends 2012) so will need some games to get used to it. Also what might need changing with sliders and how many min qtrs to play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2014, 01:48 AM   #12
Pro

ASUBoy93's Arena

OVR: 2

I normally jump right into franchise because that's all I really play - besides some Play Now vs a few of my friends. Typically, I play that franchise to get me up to speed in Madden and tweak the game how I like. When I finally start seeing the game being played how I think it should be played, then I start up another franchise as my official save. By the time that happens most patches, roster updates and sliders have been released.

Actually, I normally run through like 8-12 different franchises because I either get sidetracked or I want to run out with a new position for a player CFM.

TL;DR I just start playing franchise day 1

NFL: Seattle Seahawks
NBA: Phoenix Suns
MLB: Arizona D-Backs
NHL: Arizona Coyotes
NCAA: Arizona State Sun Devils/Florida Gators
Old 08-25-2014, 02:12 AM   #13
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabres32
Say you're a person who goes and purchases Madden when it releases at midnight like myself, and you buy the game mainly because you love the offline CCM, like myself. Do you start your franchise right away? Or do you wait and get used to the game? Myself personally, I always play all 4 preseason games in my first year because I have to find the perfect sliders. Every year this bothers me because I want to jump right in to my franchise ,but it takes a lot of testing the sliders before I do so. How do you go about it?
The first thing I do is play a game to check out the new gameplay features (if there are any). After that I order a pizza, buy a 12 pack of beer and spend the next 3-4 hours editing every single rating in the game to make it play more realistic. After that I always start my CFM the same way, I start as the Patriots and sim one season till the end then I take all the teams who finish with 6 wins or less and rank them based off of a variety of factors (uniforms, stadiums, history, number of stars, salary cap etc.) and that's how I pick my new franchise to rebuild. I use the Patriots so I can keep the CPU for at least one year from making moves that Bill Belichick never would in real life.
Old 08-25-2014, 06:22 AM   #14
Pro

sabres32's Arena

OVR: 2

So defense is played from the same camera angle then? I saw a video and it seemed as if the camera was from the opposite side, like offense.
Old 08-25-2014, 07:59 AM   #15
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

OVR: 18

I'll play several play now games first. Then I'll start a CFM with my Ravens. Once the week one roster update comes out, I'll start my "actual" CFM with the Giants.

Yankees: #AllRise
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2014, 08:30 AM   #16
Rookie

jwagner82's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabres32
So defense is played from the same camera angle then? I saw a video and it seemed as if the camera was from the opposite side, like offense.
You can play either one, you can change camera angles on the fly this year with the d-pad, so just don't switch it when you're playing and it'll stay with the same camera as last year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »