Home

This has me worried... any mention of fixing this?

This is a discussion on This has me worried... any mention of fixing this? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Forza Horizon 5 Review
Have Card-Collecting Modes Become Too Complicated?
Hockey Ultimate Team in NHL 22 Polishes Familiar Formula
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 08-25-2014, 08:21 AM   #25
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: This has me worried... any mention of fixing this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdm27
Wait, so we can actually "remove" attribute points? As in: If I go to my progress player screen and I want to make my player slower or decrease his coverage skills (don't ask why :P ) I could do it?
No. Not possible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2014, 08:29 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0
This has me worried... any mention of fixing this?

I took a hb in the late 3d round. Receiving back. 5'9 190 lbs. he was rated an 80 coming in. Started him. His physical attributes: 88 spd/93 acc/90 agi/65 str. I draft on physical attributed and train soft skills. He won oroy and put up 1400 yds and 10 tds. Progressed his spd and acc at the end of the season, both to 99. Next season he went off for 2000 yds and 15 tds winning rb of the year. Increased his agi and str both up to 99's.

Start of his 3d season i have a 23 year old rb with 99/99/99/99 in spd/acc/agi/str.

Needless to say, he will probably go down as the goat.

Progression might need to be toned down. Super fun to play with him, but not realistic.

Last edited by TexInOrd; 08-25-2014 at 08:34 AM.
Old 08-25-2014, 09:11 AM   #27
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Yea that's an issue. Last year once you hit like 90 speed it became pretty expensive. With it so low a CFM might have some issues

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 08-25-2014, 09:23 AM   #28
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

I think I prefer FIFA's approach to player growth this year over Madden's XP system of recent years. FIFA is kind of the classic attribute growth system from frnchise-type modes, but refined to the point so certain young players with star potential have the capacity to grow substantially in non-physical attributes during the season, and increase base physical stats from year to year until they reach a ceiling at an appropriate age based on player calibre potential.
Old 08-25-2014, 09:28 AM   #29
MVP

friscob's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexInOrd
I took a hb in the late 3d round. Receiving back. 5'9 190 lbs. he was rated an 80 coming in. Started him. His physical attributes: 88 spd/93 acc/90 agi/65 str. I draft on physical attributed and train soft skills. He won oroy and put up 1400 yds and 10 tds. Progressed his spd and acc at the end of the season, both to 99. Next season he went off for 2000 yds and 15 tds winning rb of the year. Increased his agi and str both up to 99's.

Start of his 3d season i have a 23 year old rb with 99/99/99/99 in spd/acc/agi/str.

Needless to say, he will probably go down as the goat.

Progression might need to be toned down. Super fun to play with him, but not realistic.
If this is true then thats absolutely gamebreaking for me. Starting to question my purchase now since cfm is basically all I play
Old 08-25-2014, 10:12 AM   #30
Rookie

jwagner82's Arena

OVR: 8

They need to just give us an option in the menu, with 3 settings, call the option "XP Reward System" or something, and have the 3 settings be "Generous/Average/Strict". Generous would stay how it is, with a good amount of xp, average would be a "correct" amount, and Strict would be less than average, so it takes multiple years to go from 75 to a 85 or 90. You could then have this Default to average for ONLINE cfm, while allowing an option for different leagues.
Old 08-25-2014, 10:45 AM   #31
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

You really shouldn't be able to take a guy from 85 speed to 99. Isn't speed something you can't teach?

Maybe 1-2 points at most for speed. I doubt guys come into the league and get faster

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2014, 10:48 AM   #32
MVP

Number999's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
You really shouldn't be able to take a guy from 85 speed to 99. Isn't speed something you can't teach?

Maybe 1-2 points at most for speed. I doubt guys come into the league and get faster
I would have agreed with that in the past, but nowadays with the amount of nutrition and training guys can get, along with them already being physical freaks it's not the most foreign idea. Although I do think 94-99 speeds should be reserved for guys who make you say "holy..." such as CJ2K, young Champ Bailey, etc..
NHL - Florida Panthers
Soccer - Real Madrid

Crystal Palace ~ FIFA 18 Dynasty!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »