Home

This has me worried... any mention of fixing this?

This is a discussion on This has me worried... any mention of fixing this? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Forza Horizon 5 Review
Have Card-Collecting Modes Become Too Complicated?
Hockey Ultimate Team in NHL 22 Polishes Familiar Formula
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 08-25-2014, 10:50 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: This has me worried... any mention of fixing this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
You really shouldn't be able to take a guy from 85 speed to 99. Isn't speed something you can't teach?

Maybe 1-2 points at most for speed. I doubt guys come into the league and get faster
I would say that you can get a bit faster, but nothing crazy. That said, the difference of the speed that you play with between a first and third year difference is large. Less thinking and more reacting since you are familiar with the scheme, speed of the game etc.
Old 08-25-2014, 11:30 AM   #34
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bandito
If this is true then thats absolutely gamebreaking for me. Starting to question my purchase now since cfm is basically all I play

I have no reason to lie to ya man. I love cfm and madden. Im not a madden haterrr. Just relating what I experienced. Last year, spd, str and agi all became prohibitively expensive past 90 or so.

This year, with this hb with the superstar development trait, it took 2 years to get every physical attribute to 99. He was a good player to start with, now he is incredible. This next year I will get his btk and trucking to 99. Next year elusiveness and juke. At that point he should be 25 and an absolute monster for 5 years. He already bowls over dudes with his attributes.

A post above had a good idea, make it a generous, average, and strict xp system that you can select like ncaa used to do for recruiting difficulty. Sometimes I just want to play with absolute beasts and an amazing teams. Sometimes I like a sim league. It would be nice to have a customizable xp system that allows the player to decide what he wants. Power to the players ; )
Old 08-25-2014, 03:03 PM   #35
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexInOrd
I have no reason to lie to ya man. I love cfm and madden. Im not a madden haterrr. Just relating what I experienced. Last year, spd, str and agi all became prohibitively expensive past 90 or so.

This year, with this hb with the superstar development trait, it took 2 years to get every physical attribute to 99. He was a good player to start with, now he is incredible. This next year I will get his btk and trucking to 99. Next year elusiveness and juke. At that point he should be 25 and an absolute monster for 5 years. He already bowls over dudes with his attributes.

A post above had a good idea, make it a generous, average, and strict xp system that you can select like ncaa used to do for recruiting difficulty. Sometimes I just want to play with absolute beasts and an amazing teams. Sometimes I like a sim league. It would be nice to have a customizable xp system that allows the player to decide what he wants. Power to the players ; )
What about players who don't have the Superstar Development trait? How hard is it to upgrade them to all 99's?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2014, 03:29 PM   #36
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
What about players who don't have the Superstar Development trait? How hard is it to upgrade them to all 99's?

I am sure it is more difficult but I havent done any real testing of it and I dont plan to. From what I remember, the development trait upgrade is about 11-12k a piece and my hb had about 60k xp from his rookie year. So even from slow development, I could of had him at superstar development after a good year, hitting his goal, and winning the superbowl. This is also just letting the computer dictate game prep. I dont know how that could factor in.

I play with the Texans. My first year in the cfm I started Tom Savage who had 94 throw power and crappy accuracy. During the preseason I game prepped him a bunch. I used those points to upgrade his sac and mac to 85. I romped through the season going 16-0 and winning the superbowl and Savage winning mvp. He had nearly 120k in xp from the season. I upgraded him from normal development to superstar. I then used the rest of the points to bring his thp to a 99 and his sac mac and dac all to 90. I dumped the rest into throwing while running. End of the year he was a 97 overall. It is fairly easy to turn anyone who racks up stats into a total freaking stud.

Last edited by TexInOrd; 08-25-2014 at 03:47 PM.
Old 08-25-2014, 03:57 PM   #37
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

Progression is broken as it is now. Making the Pro Bowl will get your player 2 speed points or 5 MCV points for instance, that is just pure outrageous. When it was 1/3 speed point for making the pro bowl last year that was bad, but now, it's just going to break franchise mode. Half the LB's WR's, HB's, and WR's will be 99 speed by year 2 in most if not all online franchises. This is bad. You may only be able get 3 players practice XP per week, but the goals, and award xp those other players will receive will still be more than enough to make every starter on your roster a stud. I'm just dumbfounded, what was Madden thinking?
Old 08-25-2014, 04:09 PM   #38
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
Progression is broken as it is now. Making the Pro Bowl will get your player 2 speed points or 5 MCV points for instance, that is just pure outrageous. When it was 1/3 speed point for making the pro bowl last year that was bad, but now, it's just going to break franchise mode. Half the LB's WR's, HB's, and WR's will be 99 speed by year 2 in most if not all online franchises. This is bad. You may only be able get 3 players practice XP per week, but the goals, and award xp those other players will receive will still be more than enough to make every starter on your roster a stud. I'm just dumbfounded, what was Madden thinking?

I would only consider it broken if the CPU used it unrealistically. Playing in an offline CFM, I would control my xp usage in a more realistic manner.

You will definitely find this as an issue for online CFM but as a commish you can watch it closely and kick people out.

It looks like it definitely needs some tuning. It would only be broken if you never earned xp or if you couldn't apply xp to a player. That 6 letter "B" word is way overused here to explain things they don't work as they thought it should.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 08-25-2014, 04:58 PM   #39
Rookie

Syncmastr's Arena

Quote:
Start of his 3d season i have a 23 year old rb with 99/99/99/99 in spd/acc/agi/str.
This is what had us worried guys. Now imagine a league with 32 users all doing the same thing.

IMO this XP system is going to be worse than last year, at least for online leagues. Instead of an entire team of 90 overall players you will get a handful of super human players (probably still with backups in the mid 80s low 90s).

Old 08-25-2014, 05:14 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 2

This needs to be addressed ASAP. This is a problem that can ruin an online CFM. If I wanted to play Ultimate team I'd play Ultimate team. Being able to progress players so cheaply is unrealistic and not fun. Everyone will have hall of fame attributes by year 2. Not cool EA.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »