Home

Offline CCM question for you

This is a discussion on Offline CCM question for you within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2014, 12:52 AM   #1
Pro

sabres32's Arena

OVR: 2
Offline CCM question for you

Say you're a person who goes and purchases Madden when it releases at midnight like myself, and you buy the game mainly because you love the offline CCM, like myself. Do you start your franchise right away? Or do you wait and get used to the game? Myself personally, I always play all 4 preseason games in my first year because I have to find the perfect sliders. Every year this bothers me because I want to jump right in to my franchise ,but it takes a lot of testing the sliders before I do so. How do you go about it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2014, 01:03 AM   #2
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

OVR: 0
Icon14 Re: Offline CCM question for you

Good question.

For me personally, I will wait for the sim stats that people are reporting on to be fixed before I start any CFM. If they do get that fixed relatively quick (crosses fingers), I am going to wait for the final 53 man rosters to be done. Then, I will probably wait for a good set of sliders before I really put time into my offline CFM, or even start a CFM.

So yeah, I guess for me I'll be waiting for a bit even though I'll have the game on launch day, to start a CFM. In the meantime, I'll play the skills trainer and some exhibition games. I don't plan on using the tackle cone, so maybe getting used to playing well on D without that on will be something I will concentrate on. Also, getting used to the power and finesse move timing for D-linemen and such, which I figure will also be in the skills trainer.

I think it's worth the wait for a good set of sliders and also penalty sliders if they do actually work correctly this year. At least that is how I plan on playing. Here's to our great member and slider guru charter to coming out with some great sliders fairly quick. No pressure charter!
Old 08-23-2014, 01:28 AM   #3
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Offline CCM question for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabres32
Say you're a person who goes and purchases Madden when it releases at midnight like myself, and you buy the game mainly because you love the offline CCM, like myself. Do you start your franchise right away? Or do you wait and get used to the game? Myself personally, I always play all 4 preseason games in my first year because I have to find the perfect sliders. Every year this bothers me because I want to jump right in to my franchise ,but it takes a lot of testing the sliders before I do so. How do you go about it?
I don't recommend using preseason to do your slider set as during 2nd quarter all the starters from both sides of the ball. For me, I have to play a season with a mediocre team to build my slider set. I expect to go around 8-8.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 08-23-2014, 01:56 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 8

Im waiting for the 53 man roster. And till I have my sliders the way I want. And it seems this year I wait till they (hoping they will) fix the sim stats. In the mean time I run some test cfms to see if I need to set up some house rules and get familiar with the new editions and plauy some mut
Old 08-23-2014, 02:19 AM   #5
Pro

Step2001's Arena

OVR: 9

I usually wait to buy the game knowing Madden usually get's patched twice. Buying early this year due to the B.B. trade in deal.
So I'll play the game in "Play Now" getting used to the new Defense controls. Lot's has changed.........

Looking forward to playing Madden 15!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2014, 12:29 AM   #6
Pro

sabres32's Arena

I can't stand to wait. The 53 man roster doesn't mean much to me but finding the right sliders is everything. Usually I start a season then I end up quitting and starting over if there's a huge roster change or better slider set. I NEVER sim games so I take franchise mode a bit to serious and I just wanna start it now. I know I'll start my season the day I get it.
Old 08-24-2014, 12:38 AM   #7
Pro

sabres32's Arena

Can someone explain these changes on defense to me? I saw that you can play defense from a different angle or something, but I want to just play defense the way it's always been. I know I could look online for all this info but I like hearing it from fans of the game. I want to know everything.
Old 08-24-2014, 01:26 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 0

The defense is pretty similar, except there's no more slamming the right stick down hoping to blow past your guy. Theres alot more defensive moves like head slaps and stuff so it makes it more interesting. Other than that its pretty similar.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »