Home

Too many CPU sacks in Madden? I disagree. Here's why.

This is a discussion on Too many CPU sacks in Madden? I disagree. Here's why. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2014, 08:33 PM   #41
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Too many CPU sacks in Madden? I disagree. Here's why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatoes002
For those experiencing the CPU holding on the ball too long, have you tried to mess with the intentional grounding penalty slider? In the past Madden games penalty sliders affected gameplay, especially the grounding one which made the CPU get the ball out quicker or scramble.

I tried one game setting IG to 23. In madden 25, this helped some. Not so much in 15. Because of the 6 hour time limit, that was the only value I tested. I'm going to try going the other way with it Tuesday and try 60. For madden 25, I think it was a combo of sliders that helped. And, here's a case of weird slider logic in 25. I would think higher IG would make the CPU throw the ball away more. Maybe, this IS the case with 15. I def will be checking this out Tuesday for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2014, 10:06 PM   #42
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
Yeah, THIS. lol. Really, I haven't heard any users complaining about taking too many sacks. That can always be fixed by simply playing better/smarter. I really think the complaints are about the CPU taking too many sacks as a few others have mentioned. As someone else mentioned, hopefully the IG slider will help, but he mentioned NCAA having to increase this slider. In madden 25, u actually had to decrease this slider. So, hopefully we'll figure it out with 15 as well. But, the CPU taking too many sacks is a big problem. If u get 10 sacks in a game, your d will be too powerful and u will constantly have the CPU at a huge disadvantage (not to mention you'll have ridiculous sack stats which has plagued madden for years. I had a player avg 50 per year in madden 13. Lol). If u only got 2-3 sacks, and te other 7-8 plays were actually errant passes (which, IMO is what they should be), u now give te CPU a better chance a converting 3rd downs AND the CPU QB comp % goes DOWN. This is exactly where the biggest problem comes for poor stats on CPU QB comp %. In real life, these are where poor throws are made and/or the ball is simply thrown away on purpose resulting in an incomplete pass. Once again, I'm hoping IG slider helps, but it will probably end up being a combo of sliders that make the CPU throw the ball when he feels the right amount of pressure and if no ones open, he throws it away. This is what we need to see. Any users complaining that the CPU is GETTING too many sacks needs to man up and play better! Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey smart guy... re read my quote

CPU took 7 sacks in 1 half.

why do i bother... oh well.
Old 08-24-2014, 10:10 PM   #43
MVP

booker21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
Instead of calling for a patch....why not adjust sliders first and see if that helps...or adjust Intentional Grounding.
Tried that but be aware this is with Old Gen. I don`t have the current gen game yet.
But since this seems to be something people are complaining, it won`t surprise me that EA used the same code.

Playing on all madden help on this regard but there are many others things i don`t like about AM level.

This was when playing All pro default with IG at 100%. I`m trying to left the penalties at default and see if it gets better.

This and QB high Comp % bothers me. AM with ACC and both user and cpu are still hitting over 70%
Old 08-24-2014, 10:13 PM   #44
MVP

Number999's Arena

OVR: 0

This makes me pretty excited actually, I like how having a good offensive line actually matters now as opposed to just being like "screw the o-line, skill positions all day!" In real life the NFL is won in the trenches, glad to see it's at least taking a small step there with this.
NHL - Florida Panthers
Soccer - Real Madrid

Crystal Palace ~ FIFA 18 Dynasty!
Old 08-24-2014, 10:17 PM   #45
MVP

booker21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number999
This makes me pretty excited actually, I like how having a good offensive line actually matters now as opposed to just being like "screw the o-line, skill positions all day!" In real life the NFL is won in the trenches, glad to see it's at least taking a small step there with this.
you will change your mind if you play offline. The CPU management is awful. (last gen btw)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2014, 11:00 PM   #46
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
Tried that but be aware this is with Old Gen. I don`t have the current gen game yet.
But since this seems to be something people are complaining, it won`t surprise me that EA used the same code.

Playing on all madden help on this regard but there are many others things i don`t like about AM level.

This was when playing All pro default with IG at 100%. I`m trying to left the penalties at default and see if it gets better.

This and QB high Comp % bothers me. AM with ACC and both user and cpu are still hitting over 70%
wait you're playing last gen?
Old 08-24-2014, 11:05 PM   #47
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21

Just. Stop. This is the current gen forum. If you are playing on last gen there is an entire forum where you can discuss the issues and thoughts.

Please refrain from discussing issues with last gen games in this thread. Only warning.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 08-25-2014, 07:06 AM   #48
Rookie

Risin's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
Just. Stop. This is the current gen forum. If you are playing on last gen there is an entire forum where you can discuss the issues and thoughts.

Please refrain from discussing issues with last gen games in this thread. Only warning.
I own both gens and they play almost identical. If i had to guess, they are using the exact same play engine in both.

I have the sliders exactly the same on both and they play identical. Only differences i see are broadcast cam is better on xbone, and obviously graphics. I have ps3 and xbone versions.

Interestingly, the qb sim stats in cfm are broke on both platforms also.

One last thing, i'm a coach mode guy and this sack issue is a pain in the butt. i have pass accuracy @ 4 and pass blocking at 55. This seems to give decent numbers, but still a few too many sacks per game. The issue is cpu qb's holding the ball too long at times. I also have the IG slider at 1, maybe i should try 99?

Last edited by Risin; 08-25-2014 at 07:52 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »