Home

Too many CPU sacks in Madden? I disagree. Here's why.

This is a discussion on Too many CPU sacks in Madden? I disagree. Here's why. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2014, 08:14 AM   #49
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Too many CPU sacks in Madden? I disagree. Here's why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
Hey smart guy... re read my quote

CPU took 7 sacks in 1 half.

why do i bother... oh well.

Lol. RE read MY quote, smart guy. I'm AGREEING with you while at the same time pointing to the OP talking about users TAKING too many sacks. And, you're talking about last gen? Wow. I've wondered from time to time with some posters arguing this and that, and sometimes I think, 'that sounds A LOT like madden 25, not 15' smh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-25-2014, 09:27 AM   #50
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risin
I own both gens and they play almost identical. If i had to guess, they are using the exact same play engine in both.

I have the sliders exactly the same on both and they play identical. Only differences i see are broadcast cam is better on xbone, and obviously graphics. I have ps3 and xbone versions.

Interestingly, the qb sim stats in cfm are broke on both platforms also.

One last thing, i'm a coach mode guy and this sack issue is a pain in the butt. i have pass accuracy @ 4 and pass blocking at 55. This seems to give decent numbers, but still a few too many sacks per game. The issue is cpu qb's holding the ball too long at times. I also have the IG slider at 1, maybe i should try 99?
Eeeeeexcept they do not use the same gameplay engine and we've know that since this gen was ever announced. If it was all the same game, you wouldn't be getting asked to go use the other forums.

― Plato
Old 08-25-2014, 09:33 AM   #51
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risin
I own both gens and they play almost identical. If i had to guess, they are using the exact same play engine in both.
That's not the point. We have a current gen and last gen Madden forum. For someone who only has the game on last gen to come in and discuss issues with current gen is just disingenuous at a minimum.

I don't have either game, but if current gen is using the "ignite engine" it is very hard for me to believe that last gen and current gen share an engine. But you do have both so I can't comment on that. But please keep this forum to issues and gameplay that relate to current gen. Thanks.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2014, 09:37 AM   #52
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
Many are stuck in playing Madden the way they did in the past, and haven't taken the time to learn the new adjustments to the game.

They implemented and nice feature with max protection that helps, and we still have the slide protection. Read your defense properly and make the correct adjustments to help.

Im really enjoying the heck out of this game.
This was me... Honestly, in the past I never really paid attention to line protections because I didn't think it was that big of a deal. When I got M15 I took the time to go through all of the tutorials. After going through them and using the line calls I can tell it does make a difference.

I would actually suggest for everyone (especially "newbies") to go through them because the help not only with thing like line calls, but also recognizing defenses at the LOS. Even as someone who plays Madden yearly I picked up some nice tips.

Back on topic, count me in as someone who hopes that it doesn't change.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 08-25-2014, 11:00 AM   #53
Rookie

Risin's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Eeeeeexcept they do not use the same gameplay engine and we've know that since this gen was ever announced. If it was all the same game, you wouldn't be getting asked to go use the other forums.
Have you played both? I'm not going to split hairs or argue semantics, but the differences between the two on the field, other than graphics and animations, is minor. From a nuts and bolts standpoint, they are almost identical. Thats a good thing, in my opinion, cuz this is the best the game has ever played on the field.

Last edited by Risin; 08-25-2014 at 11:08 AM.
Old 08-25-2014, 11:01 AM   #54
Rookie

Risin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
That's not the point. We have a current gen and last gen Madden forum. For someone who only has the game on last gen to come in and discuss issues with current gen is just disingenuous at a minimum.

I don't have either game, but if current gen is using the "ignite engine" it is very hard for me to believe that last gen and current gen share an engine. But you do have both so I can't comment on that. But please keep this forum to issues and gameplay that relate to current gen. Thanks.

I apologize, and will do.
Old 08-25-2014, 11:21 AM   #55
Banned

IndyColts2's Arena

OVR: 15

The only reason CPU taking sacks too much is bad is because when the CPU has pressure, they go absolutely crazy. Th CPU QB literally freaks out and starts running around in the pocket and either finds an open man, takes the sack or finds an opening to run to. If pressure did what it was supposed to in madden, that when a QB is flustered by a defender in range to make a play and he tries to throw the ball down the field it should effect his accuracy. When Eli is pressured he freaks out and throws the ball up. So if you connect player traits like "forces passes" with a "senses pressure" that should make the QB make good/bad decisions and/or accurate or inaccurate passes when the pocket collapses.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2014, 03:48 AM   #56
Rookie

zizoux's Arena

My first game on Madden 15.ATL vs CHI (me) Default All-Pro, except QB accuracy is at 30 for both USER and CPU. Fatigue at 57
M. Ryan, %76, Cutler %77. IDK passing felt easy

7 User sacks with J. Allen, 10 in total.They started to double team Allen after 6 sacks. I have to fix that because the game is really good.

Spoiler

Last edited by zizoux; 08-26-2014 at 04:22 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »