Home

What are the Known CFM issues?

This is a discussion on What are the Known CFM issues? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2014, 12:23 PM   #1
Rookie

crenk's Arena

OVR: 4
What are the Known CFM issues?

To those that have an early copy or played CFM with their 6 hours of early access, what are the major issues with this game mode?

We have seen obviously the QB stats issue and related progression mess that has occurred. What else?

Too many CPU Qb's taking sacks I am starting to see.

any other issues?

This would be helpful to any offline CFM players before we decide to buy the game. I am personally out unless we get some major patch that fixes the stat/progression issue.

It doesnt need to be another discussion on why these issues exist. We have enough of those already (and rightly so). So just a post if you have seen something else ie...trade logic, drafting issues.

Thanks in advance from all of the CFM players on the fence
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2014, 02:47 PM   #2
Pro

JHeyBraves's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: What are the Known CFM issues?

Disclaimer: I don’t own the game. These findings belong to other OS users. I have only read about them. The only mode I play if CFM.

This is a great place to start - http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-included.html
CWSapp and everyone in this thread have provided great insight.

Here is a summary of some issues:

Rosters
- Significant roster changes and the CPU doesn’t retain their franchise players (Ex. Luck on Jags in YR3, after 5 years the Panthers didn’t have Newton/Keuchly/Star, Julio Jones on the Bengals)
- Several starters (Ex. Rivers/Roethlisberger) were 3rd stringers on other teams after two years
- During free agency you cannot see the most recent season stats during negotiations (not sure if there is anywhere you can see them)
- I find the draft logic to be questionable (Ex. Ravens, Cowboys, Dolphins all drafted QB’s in Round 1 of draft)

I know that we have no idea what GM's will do in the future and big names do change teams every year, but I don't want to see everyone moving.

Stats
- QB stats are out of whack although there has been some progress made to find a workaround in here: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-stats-44.html
- RB carries are too high (Ex. Ray Rice had over 400)
- Production rating is confusing to me (Ex. Alfred Morris ran for 1600+ yards. His production rating? 45. What?)

Progression/Regression
- 21 players rated 99 OVR after 2015 season
- XP is way too cheap for elite ratings (90+). This allows you to progress ratings up to 99 much easier than M25. (Ex. Someone drafted a RB with 88 spd/93 acc/90 agi/65 str. After two season, he had 99/99/99/99 in spd/acc/agi/str)
- Good QB’s regressing after YR1 (Ex. Brees, Brady, Newton, Rivers in the sim I saw)
- Several capable starters regressed so drastically that they were 3rd stringers or unsigned FA’s after a few years (Ex. Rivers/Roethlisberger, Ryan was a 61 in free agency after YR3)

Some of the QB's mentioned in the regression section may very well regress soon but I don't see it being that significant.

It looks like 32 team control will be a must to enjoy a sim franchise in M15 unless they patch it.
Old 08-25-2014, 04:52 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Lots of high draft picks are being cut their first year.

Saw Sankey, Andre Williams, etc cut after week 3 of preseason.
Old 08-26-2014, 10:23 AM   #4
Rookie

Unhappy Re: What are the Known CFM issues?

I am dissapointed that EA continues to give the finger to those of us who love the team building/sim/dynasty aspect of football.

The major difference this year is I finally found the restraint to not purchase on release day. I normally buy games if they are even remotely decent, and I know that the gameplay is suppossedley better in Madden this year.

I don't care. EA will not be getting my money til they fix the issues with "offline CFM." Sim Stats, progression, salary cap issues, etc….
Old 08-26-2014, 12:38 PM   #5
Just started!

I haven't bought madden in a few years... have they ever brought back couch co-op franchise mode offline? Me and 2 buddies, building teams, playing games fighting to win the super bowl, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2014, 12:49 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jets999
I haven't bought madden in a few years... have they ever brought back couch co-op franchise mode offline? Me and 2 buddies, building teams, playing games fighting to win the super bowl, etc.
Thats where its at man. As soon as EA gets around to making WR control fun and responsive, it will be contending w NHL for couch co op.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »