Home

This new playcalling feature has got to go

This is a discussion on This new playcalling feature has got to go within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2014, 05:20 AM   #1
MVP

glenzariczny's Arena

OVR: 2
This new playcalling feature has got to go

It is absolutely horrendous, I'm playing offline CFM and yet my coach is calling a pass literally every play because that's what the "Madden Community" does. And they dont even have an option to turn this monstrosity off? I just want the old ask madden feature that picks a balanced run/pass split and get on with it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2014, 05:25 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: This new playcalling feature has got to go

I'm actually really enjoying this feature - but not for the idiotic community suggestions. You always have the option of selecting a strategy pick which is typically much more intelligent (it''s based on what the opposing team's AI usually calls in that down/distance situation and it actually explains WHY it's picking that play). Sometimes it guesses right, other times it'll guess wrong.

Please don't kill the feature because one part of it doesn't fit our style of play.
Old 08-26-2014, 05:25 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 4

Question, particularly for CFM....
Does that playcalling feature track the plays YOU'VE called or will it forever be tied to what community plays are, even in offline CFM Mode?

Because, while I believe the layout for this playcalling screen is AWWGLY AF! I think it would be pretty dope if by, say my 3rd game of the season I get some good feedback on all the plays I'VE called throughout the season.

Also... Isn't there an option when you're setting up a CFM on which type of playcalling screen you want? I ask because I haven't got the game myself yet (europe)
Old 08-26-2014, 07:19 AM   #4
Rookie

Analyzer52's Arena

OVR: 3

I just wish there was a way to turn the suggested play off after every down. I hate that it defaults to that after every play. Why there no option to turn this off like gameplan last year?
Old 08-26-2014, 07:34 AM   #5
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

I havent gotten my copy yet, but this is the one thing that I'm scared of this year. I call my own plays 100% of the time on offense and defense. It sounds like those of us who want to do that have to go through a lot of hassle for every single play, which is just awful. I really hope they patch it so you can ignore it after the start of the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2014, 07:43 AM   #6
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlucky 13
I havent gotten my copy yet, but this is the one thing that I'm scared of this year. I call my own plays 100% of the time on offense and defense. It sounds like those of us who want to do that have to go through a lot of hassle for every single play, which is just awful. I really hope they patch it so you can ignore it after the start of the game.
Just make your own assessment after you get it instead of listening to people on here complain. It's not unusual for somebody exaggerate an issue. Am I saying that's the case? No as I'm not picking it up until noon. I still won't make any judgments until I get the game myself or hear issues from people who have opinions I value.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 08-26-2014, 07:44 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlucky 13
Lots of misinformation swirling about this, so here's what happens:

The game defaults to the "suggestions" at the start of each drive. If you want to call your own plays, press Circle/B and it'll back out to the main playcalling options (sorting by formation, personnel, concept, etc.). During the current drive, this will not reset - it will remember whichever playcalling filter you were using and you don't have to see the suggestions every single play unless you back out all the way again. There is no option to completely disable the suggestions, though.

So basically, whether or not you're going to be annoyed by this depends on whether or not you mind hitting circle/B once per drive.
Old 08-26-2014, 07:45 AM   #8
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
I'm actually really enjoying this feature - but not for the idiotic community suggestions. You always have the option of selecting a strategy pick which is typically much more intelligent (it''s based on what the opposing team's AI usually calls in that down/distance situation and it actually explains WHY it's picking that play). Sometimes it guesses right, other times it'll guess wrong.

Please don't kill the feature because one part of it doesn't fit our style of play.
Me too. It keeps me from getting too dependent on certain plays.

All it needs is to remove the lag and allow users to keep one style if they want.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »