Home

Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2014, 07:55 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 1
Icon7 Re: Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

Jumped into playing at midnight. Helped Cam and the Panthers score to make it to the Super Bowl (while trying not to vomit in the process), then had my traditional Madden Opener that' I've had since Madden 98- My Bucs vs. Dolphins at Raymond James Stadium.Tried playing some from the defensive camera. It will definitely take some getting used to as it felt a little weird. I know the Bucs are pretty good on defense but I think I finished with 7 sacks, three by Gerald McCoy. Seems a bit powered. Even though I was giving Tannehill a beating, he was carving up my cover 2 until I mixed in some blitzing. Cover 2 is better but you're not going to be able to just sit in it or the Offensive AI will start attacking you in the middle of the field. That's good, I think. Offense was a different story. A lot of the plays I used last year to move down the field either resulted in incompletions or interceptions. Josh McCown had 5 picks. Glennon threw another. Definitely need some skills trainer time.It's early but first impressions are the game is beautiful. I'm not sure about the tackle animations. They look a bit weird to me. I hit Ryan Tannehill at the same time another Buc was getting there and he did a somersault. It was a fun game, even though the Dolphins kicked my ***. I finally got V-Jax and ASJ going in the second half and scored a couple touchdowns and got a couple decent runs with Doug and Jeff Demps. Solomon Patton, the rookie WR from Florida who won the Bucs KR job, is not in the game.BTW, I know in the uniform error thread someone was mentioning the Bucs were wrong because they had black/pewter socks. You can change them to 2014 Red. It was fun and exciting. Can't wait to get home from work and play some more.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2014, 08:10 AM   #42
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

Now I'm the Colts, hosting the Texans. I think the game still looks phenomenal in indoor stadiums. Laron Landry just made a great INT on a dropped pass. I just scored my first TD in a play-now game, an HB dive on the goaline to Trent Richardson.

They really did well with coach models- Bill O'Brien looks great. Ryan Fitzpatrick just missed a wide open Andre Johnson who still attempted to catch the ball, nice. A gong is sounding on a Texans third down, very cool (by gong, think Undertaker's theme.) D'quell Jackson just sacked Fitz-magic, who tried to scramble. Erik Walden sacked him again the next play. 3rd and 16-Foster catches a pass for 15 yards. Texans take a FG. Luck has 1:53. Luck scrambled out of the pocket then fired a fifteen yard pass to TY Hilton, who caught it. Luck just threw a one yard TD to Dwayne Allen who held on in traffic. 14-3 Colts at the half. In all of my 3 play now games, I've seen no penalties thus far. Fitzpatrick scrambles for a first down, then Foster runs for 15.

Fitzpatrick just audibled and threw a TD to Martin for seventeen yards.Texans fail 2 PT conversion score is 14-9 Colts after three.

TY Hilton just spun/broke a tackle for a big gain. Richardson just ran for twenty and was stopped on the one yard line. Clowney sacked me on the goaline, I fumbled, Brooks Reed recovered!! Werner sacked Fitzpatrick who get hit from high/low on the play. As Cory Redding, I user sacked Fitz-magic. And now the gong sound again on third down, very cool. Fitzpatrick threw a deep ball, Hopkins jumped for it but the CPU defender laid a big hit on him, incomplete, Texans punt. Clowney hits Luck, incomplete, we punt.

Werner just face masked Fitzpatrick, first penalty I've seen. Fitz was just sacked for the fifth time. But he found Martin on third down for a twenty yard gain. Martin just caught a 5 yard TD pass with :53 seconds, it was a very nice back corner catch. Texans fail the 2 pt conversion score is 15-14 Texans.

Luck has 50 seconds. Very cool presentation aspect, they had a graphic saying I had to get to the 35 yard line for Vinatieri's FG range. Dwayne Allen caught a pass at their 39, and changed direction to follow the blocking, running 39 yards for a TD with 20 seconds left! He did a funny dance as a celebration. Fitzpatrick threw a Hail Mary as he was hit, and it was picked off. We win 22-15 my first win on Madden 15. Post game highlights add a nice touch.

Luck-17/25, 226 yards, 68%,2 TDs, no INTs. Fitzpatrick-13/17, 119 yards, 2 TDs, 2 INTs.

Richardson- 12 rush, 69 yards, 5.7 average, 1 TD. 1 fumble, longest was 21 yard run. Foster- 9 rush, 53 yards, 5.8 average, Fitzpatrick 3 rush, 25 yards, 8.3 average.

Dwayne Allen- 7 catches, 107 yards, 2 TDs. Keshawn Martin- 4 catches, 47 yards, 2 TDs.

Fitzpatrick was sacked five times by 5 different rushers.

I will adjust sliders to tune down accuracy, probably up defender's ability, and increase penalties.

Yankees: #AllRise
Old 08-26-2014, 08:11 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 1
Its interesting how expectations effect impressions. I have been reading impressions on this game for nearly a week now and have heard more positive things than I can ever remember about a Madden game. I had planned on getting the game all along but due to the overwhelming positive reviews and impressions I decided I had to have this game at midnight last night. Well.....it's still very much a Madden game and I found myself feeling disappointed at first but after a few games I can tell it's definitely a better game of Madden than usual but still not anything special IMO.
Old 08-26-2014, 08:15 AM   #44
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubfan
Played my second game Chargers (Me) vs Ravens All-Pro 8 min quarters. Ravens 22 Chargers 7. Ravens were leading 15-7. I was driving and had the ball inside the 5 yard line and Clemens who had replaced the injured Rivers threw a pick 6 to seal the game. Really enjoying the game pick the wrong defense and the AI will carve you up. However the AI still needs work because they are throwing to many INTS. Neither team could get a run game going.

Flacco: 24/32 306 yards 3 INTs

Bernard Pierce 20 att 42 yards 1 td
Justin Forsett 6 att 29 yards

Rivers 14/23 140 yards 2 INT
Clemens 16/24 201 yards 1 TD 2 INT

Ryan Matthews 15 att 62 yards

Does it mention Pierce's concussion? I assume Ray Rice is suspended.
Old 08-26-2014, 08:44 AM   #45
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

I've only played two games so far , both me the Chiefs at home against the Broncos and Patriots. Lost both on default all pro. That's never happened before, and it's a good thing.

So far my only complaint is the lack of time I have go pick a play on defense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2014, 09:11 AM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 0
I got the game midnight last night first thing off the bat I noticed was the graphics huge leap from madden 25. True step feels much smoother as I don't get that running in mud feeling with the person I'm controlling. The overall speed of the game is much faster. Zone D And tackling are a good thing to witness and execute. Qb inaccuracies actually work, I was playing a friend online he had the cowboys and I was sending the heat and romo was off the mark all night. One thing that concerned me the double moves on againsts man to man coverage get to much separation that which is not good at all being they fixed this in madden 25 because it was present in madden 13 now back for 15. Other then that if your didn't buy you should, defense is back.
Old 08-26-2014, 09:21 AM   #47
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Played a game and a quarter. I was expecting basically the same madden 15 for ps3 but with HD graphics. I was wrong. The game plays entirely different.

As a CB I love that I can't cover a wr backpedalling now I have to turn. The qb was not robo as I read but I can see other qb being too accurate. I threw pretty bad but I have to get use to the different feel.

Overall I love it.

Specially how I can't turn on a dime with the defender. That wr blocks. When I made a tackle with the cb it felt really rewarding.

Love the few overthrows and how wr and db try to deflect/catch even if they are out of range.

The game has some all time madden flaws. Penalties doesn't work. Subs doesn't work as they should. The good news is I saw the CPU starter run for 24 and the 2nd string got 7 carries. Not sure if is was the fatigue or the design play but the result was nice seeing more than one rb with carries.

Last edited by booker21; 08-26-2014 at 09:29 AM.
Old 08-26-2014, 09:23 AM   #48
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm really enjoying Madden this year. I did the skills trainer first because it's been a while since I played. Will be doing a test CFM later today.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »