Home

Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2014, 09:38 AM   #49
Pro

OVR: 12
Re: Madden NFL 15 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here (XB1/PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfjsfj
well suction tackling is back

I've read this a few times here. To bad, but maybe a necessary evil without a complete physics based system? I haven't played since Madden 10, so I can overlook this for a year.....I guess. Really just want to play....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craniosynostosis
Old 08-26-2014, 09:43 AM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 1
Anyone that says this is madden 25 with a few improvements is crazy. The game play has made a tremendous leap. Most noticeably to me would be the zone defenses and the need for the user to mix up their play calling in online or offline games.

Once you get use to the new play calling screen, I noticed that it really helps you mix up your play calling. I like to to use the concept section to mix up my play calling.
Old 08-26-2014, 09:45 AM   #51
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNMHIII
Wow.....extremely disapointed right now and the game just feels really robotic and clunky. The playcall screen is absolutely brutal and the CPU calls plays immedialty and it gives you 10 seconds to pick a play and with the absolute brutal layout of the playcall screen it's hard to even pick a formation in 10 seconds.

Really bummed with this game initially.
Are you, by chance, ps4 digital?

I'm having slight issues too (I'm ps4 digital) that I didn't notice on X1 access time. Nothin huge but just slight menu lag and play calling screen in game seems a little unresponsive some times. I might reinstall or try the disc version

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2014, 09:47 AM   #52
MVP

RidinDwnKingsley's Arena

OVR: 16

Some brief impressions:

As some of you know I am a big MLB The Show guy. I feel that game captures the sport like no other has ever done. I have always been a fan of Madden due to being an NFL fan, however it never was in the same regard as The Show. This years version is the closest.... Not saying its The Show, It is Not... But it captures the NFL feel better than previous versions. The players feel unique and the presentations improved. Defense is fun again. The sim stats need fixing via patch and if that is done it should help satisfy our football fix for now. So heres some pros and cons:

Pros

-graphics look great-lighting is really nice

-Defense is fun again

-Playcalling and strategy

-kicking meter is good just make it harder

Cons

-come on fix the penalties

-sim stats

-more sig styles and animations

Ill post more later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-26-2014, 09:50 AM   #53
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Just finished my first "disc" game. It was nice not to have to install the game again since I purchased the ea access package.

I played the as the Patriots vs the Giants. All-pro 8 minute quarters. I won 24-3, but I scored 2x in the last 2 minutes. A Brady TD pass then a pick 6 with Revis.

Eli was beyond horrible. He only completed 35% of his passes, so this gives me hope not every game has qbs completing 80% of their passes. (Haven't touched sliders yet).

Running the ball is hit or miss for me. I'm able to break some runs but nothing too big. But I average about 4 yards a carry.

I haven't had any trouble shutting down the CPU run game in about 11 games . Except for this game the CPU QB has been almost automatic.

Probably going to start my CFM today.
Old 08-26-2014, 09:52 AM   #54
Banned

OVR: 4

Ok, so here we go. Honestly, I was going to skip this years Madden I didn't like how they were making it, things just weren't improving. But I'm GLAD I DIDN'T!! Madden 15 is good, borderline great. I've only done ONE game so far; but lemme tell you, in a nutshell, this game bottom line is just plain fun. I was the Giants and faced the Broncos (always my first game every year). It was close throughout, and at no point did I feel like the CPU was controlling the game. I will say theres a learning curve out of the box with difficulty adjustments especially on offense and a CPU defense, it got tougher. But that's a GOOD thing, it plays like an actual NFL defense would. Very cool. I will say the running game needs work, I personally dont think the Defense should be that over powered when it comes to stopping your run (I went 22 runs for like maybe 60 yards) I need work, but I dont suck soooo. Also the screens need tuning, I think my best screen was like 14 yards but averaged like 4 at best, the defense just covers it too damn well. But the passing game is tight once you get a hang of it. Again, very fun. I'm not a critique kind of person, but my score would be 8.5-9/10. Is it perfect? No, it's Madden, we know better. BUT given the track record; this is a must buy Madden. Anyone on the fence, I highly recommend going for the touchdown instead of punting on M15.

Oh and just to mention, I lost 30-27, only because of a nice 4th down stop just short of the line. Otherwise I probably would've taken it.

Last edited by A_Quiet_Pro; 08-26-2014 at 09:56 AM.
Old 08-26-2014, 09:52 AM   #55
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

One more thing about presentation. Maybe because I'm in play now or playing 8 minute quarters but I hardly see any stat banners. It seemed like almost every other play last year one would pop up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2014, 09:53 AM   #56
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

played my second game Browns(me) vs Steelers

this was yet another low scoring affair.... it was 13-7 at half.

steeler's got the ball but could only settle for a fg 13-10 going into the 4th.

so im driving in the 4th chewing clock etc on the ground and i go to pass across the middle of field deep to Gordon and troy P stepped in front of the pass and made me pay returning it for 6.... 17-13 steelers.

so i get the ball back and drive down and with less then a minute left in the game manziel found Gordon on a crossing route for late td pass and the win went for 2 and got it we win 21-17.

i was hoping to see the manziel money sign in the game but everytime he celebrated it wasent there.

so i can tell the difference between the qb's least so far between manziel and hoyer in the first game hoyer only competed 41% of his passes and seem to throw more bad pass's while in second game while using the running game manziel cmp rating was in the mid to near 70%.

Manziel had a great game both passing and running the ball he was 17-21 2 td's passing 1 int 227 yards and near 50 yards rushing.

gonna do some more testing of different teams today i may start grossman and shaw to see the difference in them as we'l in case when i start a cfm and either manziel or hoyer goes down i'll know there weakness and strengths.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »