Home

How's your Connected Franchise going? - Madden 15 Editon

This is a discussion on How's your Connected Franchise going? - Madden 15 Editon within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2014, 02:40 PM   #801
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: How's your Connected Franchise going? - Madden 15 Editon

***Possible spoilers below!***

Started a CCM offline with the Jets, my favorite team. Was looking all around for QB and WR/TE help, but couldn't find any good trades. Ended up trading my 4th for Austin Pettis. Very steep price, but it was needed in order for me to move Kerley to the slot and give Geno more weapons. I mean, he has good hands, so it certainly is better than what I probably would've gotten in the 4th. Started out 3-0, but ended up going 8-8. Spent the entire year developing ONLY Geno (with occasional points in Amaro, Kerley, Pryor, and Milliner.), and got him to superstar development. He still regressed after the season, lol. But I have him up to 81 now and rising, so he should be a formidable starter and possibly franchise QB in the future.

Lost some good players in FA. Kerley left, Harris left, I let Vick go, I let Colon go, I let Pace go, etc.

Sucks to lose Kerley most of all, but that's alright. He wanted WAAAAYYYY too much (like $6.5M/year), so I wasn't budging. Got Pettis (better hands, just slower, outside guy, not slot) for $4M/year. Also expensive, but didn't want to waste my 4th round pick on nothing.

Had the #14 pick, and got everyone I wanted. Got a 73 overall backup QB in the 2nd round (in case Geno and Brian Hoyer get hurt, plus I want to have a Cousins/RGIII-type situation). In 3rd, got an LT named Tevita Gaitor. Apparently he had a bad 10-yard split at the combine, and went from projected 2nd to 4th. Snagged him in the 3rd, and he's 86 overall and fast and good all-around. And that's only with 73 awareness, so he should be a franchise RT for me (moved him to keep D'Brick at LT). So great pick!

But, by far, my favorite was Tavon Royster. Was projected to go #20 overall, and I got him at 14. 6'6", 236 pounds, 22-years-old. Fast development, but got him to superstar after 4 games into the regular season. Great hands, great speed, great size, getting huge sim numbers (#1 in NFL in yards 4 games in), etc.

Now I've put all of my developmental focus into him, and I even used my 7500 coach points to get the WR XP package to make sure I turn him into the next CJalmost2k.

Anyways, also signed Incognito to take over LG, and Dozier is progressing nicely, so I've fixed not only the WR issue, but the OL issue as well. TEs still aren't the best, but Amaro is progressing a bit. He's 79 overall right now with alright catching, so I need to improve him some more.

OLB core is thin, as is DB, so my DEFENSE is actually my weakness now. Imagine that, lol.

Last edited by GorillaChest; 10-08-2014 at 02:44 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2014, 03:32 PM   #802
Rookie

Aweb20's Arena

Just curious, what setting do you guys have CPU player progression frequency at? I've read in past games that doing every week makes it so the CPU doesn't save up XP.
Old 10-08-2014, 04:15 PM   #803
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aweb20
Just curious, what setting do you guys have CPU player progression frequency at? I've read in past games that doing every week makes it so the CPU doesn't save up XP.
I have it set weekly, good point though didn't think of that.
Old 10-08-2014, 05:03 PM   #804
Banned

Just finished season 2 of my Jets CCM. Went 7-9. Pats went 13-3, with 2 of those losses coming from us. Royster was 2nd in the NFL in yards to CJJ (11 less than CJJ). AP rushed for 2,017 yards for MIN. Geno was the OPOTY and I got him up to 91! DEFINITELY a franchise QB! Royster is up to an 89 with Decker. My RT is an 88. Antwan Barnes had a 9-sack season and made the Pro bowl with Royster. He moved up to an 83, with Coples getting to an 84. DBs still suck, DL stayed about the same (Wilk 99, Sheldon 95, Snacks 90, Ellis 77). Demario Davis was also 6th in the NFL in tackles and got up to a 91! Harris left last year, but picked up Herzlich in FA. He's now up to an 81, so no loss there. Amaro is an 81 and catching is much improved.

Overall, looking great. Geno is solid, HBs are holding the fort (though, obviously their role is diminishing with the resurgence of our passing game), OL is MUCH improved, TEs looking better (but still have work), DL always doing good, LBs improved, DBs and STs still need some work.

Hoping to snag a pass-rusher in the 1st, and a DB in the 2nd.
Old 10-08-2014, 07:14 PM   #805
Rookie

I have the same problem. The only team I can have fun with is my favorite team the Vikings. I recommend them, trade AP away if you want, thats what I did in my current vikes franchise. Good core on defense to build around, d line is decent linebackers are weak besides greenway an barr. Secondary has Harrison Smith who's an absolute beast, Xavier Rhodes who's not too hard to develop an of course Captain. Offensively you've got Teddy an Cordarelle Patterson plus Greg Jennings who always plays like a freak for me.

Hope I didn't type to much but if not the vikes Oakland might be fun. Washed up players on D besides khalil Mack an Charles Woodson. Offensively you have Carr to build around an thats about it. Good luck!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2014, 08:02 PM   #806
MVP

gausec's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by drockthebeast
I have the same problem. The only team I can have fun with is my favorite team the Vikings. I recommend them, trade AP away if you want, thats what I did in my current vikes franchise. Good core on defense to build around, d line is decent linebackers are weak besides greenway an barr. Secondary has Harrison Smith who's an absolute beast, Xavier Rhodes who's not too hard to develop an of course Captain. Offensively you've got Teddy an Cordarelle Patterson plus Greg Jennings who always plays like a freak for me.

Hope I didn't type to much but if not the vikes Oakland might be fun. Washed up players on D besides khalil Mack an Charles Woodson. Offensively you have Carr to build around an thats about it. Good luck!
Been thinking about starting one with them, the team I think I want to put AP on is the cowboys what do you think/ what did you do? I'm not sure if I'll cut him or trade

Everyone went pro from the 2012 Kentucky team even the ball boy!
Old 10-08-2014, 08:48 PM   #807
Rookie

Herdfan9's Arena

OVR: 1

Getting things started now with the jags since I plan on playing this for awhile... Going to try to rebuild around bortles as my qb of the future and hopefully things will work out... But now I'm going to play some preseason and gauge where my team is at and then make cuts and trades where needed
Old 10-08-2014, 10:06 PM   #808
Pro

Looking to start up a franchise with one of these few teams.
Panthers/Lions/Bucs/ or maybe the chargers. Not sure which I should roll with

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »