Home

How's your Connected Franchise going? - Madden 15 Editon

This is a discussion on How's your Connected Franchise going? - Madden 15 Editon within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2014, 01:54 AM   #681
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: How's your Connected Franchise going? - Madden 15 Editon

Week 8 & 9 - 2015

Week 8
New England's first division game of the year was a good one. Patriots received the opening kickoff and drove down the field before stalling and missing a 54 yard FG that hit the cross bar. Jets proceeded to go 3 and out on their first drive. And on the first play of the Patriots next drive Tom Thompson's pass was tipped at the line and intercepted by Luke Kuechly. A few plays later Nick Foles would hit Torrey Smith for a 17 yard TD and take a 7-0 lead.
Patriots got a FG on their first drive of the second quarter to cut the lead to 7-3. 2 plays from scrimmage later, Reggie Bush is taking it to the house on a 58 yard run putting New York up 14-3. On the Patriots next possession they drove the ball down inside the 20 but sacks on 2nd and 3rd down forced them to kick another FG to make it an 8 point game. Reggie Bush would fumble on the next play from scrimmage and then Tom Thompson connected with Jackson Yates for a 22 yard TD on the play after that. A 2 Pt tiedthe game at 14. New York was forced punt after 3 plays their next drive giving the Patriots the ball with just under 2 minute left in the half. Rookie Tom Thompson proceeded to lead lead the team down the field going 8 of 9 for 57 yards and finishing with a TD to Rickey Swope to take a 21-14 lead into half time.
The teams combined to punt 6 straight times to start the 2nd half. With 9:14 to play in the 4th. Foles hit Torrey Smith for another TD on a play where the SS picked the wrong guy to cover leaving him wide open. Tied at 21-21. 5 plays later New York makes a coverage mistake of their own leaving Jackson Yates wide open for a 52 yard TD pass from Thompson. Not sure who was supposed to cover him as no one was anywhere close. 1 minute later Foles throws a bad pass while under pressure that's picked off by Stephon Gilmore. After a punt by both teams. New England has the ball up 7 with less than 2 minutes to play. A 1st down deal the deal. Thompson fumbles on a triple option giving the Jets the ball with 1:47 to play at the 45 yard line. On 2nd down Foles is sacked at the 50 forcing a 3rd and 15. He then hits Danny Amendola for the 1st down at the 31. On the Next play rookie OLB Vondree Starks hits Foles and forces a fumble that is recovered by Pernell McPhee (for 65532 yards according to the box score). New England ball with 1:01 to playThompson takes 2 knees and the Patriots leave Jersey 5-2 (1-0).
Scores From Around The League

Spoiler

Players of The Week

AFC

QB - Peyton Manning (Chargers) - 28 of 33, 337 Yds, 4 TD
LOLB - Junior Galette (Ravens) - 7 Tackles, 3 Sacks

NFC

QB - Joe Flacco (Falcons) - 28 of 45, 350 Yds, 3 TD, 1 INT
FS - Rahim Moore (Cowboys) - 11 Tackles, 1 INT

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Week 9

Just like the Colts game there isnt much to say about this game. Miami never really threatened us at all. Geno Smith was sacked 7 times which resulted in us giving up just 82 passing yards. Their run game was a bit better. But not much. Johnathan Dwyer had 63 yards on 17 carries .Geno had 34 on 4 carries. Terrance Hendrix was player of the game rushing for 132 yards on 21 carries.
Scores From Around The League

Spoiler

Players of The Week

AFC

QB - Peyton Manning (Chargers) - 25 of 39, 264 Yds, 4 TD
LOLB - Derrick Morgan (Chiefs) - 11 Tackles, 2 Sacks

NFC

WR - Keenan Allen (Cardinals) - 7 Receptions, 95 Yds, 3 TD
MLB - Erin Henderson (Saints) - 14 Tackles, 1 Sack, 1 FR

Standings Halfway Through Season

Spoiler

Team Stats

Spoiler

Patriots have 3 straight at home against the Redskins (sim), Jets and Bills.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2014, 06:29 AM   #682
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

OVR: 18

My 2014 Giants are are 2-5. I lost a close one at the Eagles, on a field goal, in overtime on Sunday Night Football. Then, in Eli Manning's return, the Giants were held to six points as Romo killed us, an we lost 35-6.

Yankees: #AllRise
Old 09-25-2014, 12:41 PM   #683
Banned

TheSaints7's Arena

OVR: 0

Season 3 Regular Season

Week 4 vs. Washington Redskins (1-2)
After grabbing our first win of the year against Houston we wanted to make it two in a row with a victory over Washington. Big Ben were their starting QB due to an RG3 injury so for the second time since being traded he has the chance to play against his former team. Despite Rivers having a great game against the Texans I was insistent on Mettenberger starting, but then I had a change of heart. Why would I bench Rivers after a solid debut and replace him with an injury prone Mettenberger who has been below average so far this season.

Our first drive started brilliantly when Rivers threw a great ball to Brown for an instant 1st down. A few more passes later and some runs up the middle led us near the red zone. Then after some fantastic blocking, Bell ran 29 yards for a touchdown. Ben Roethlisberger then took the field for the first time in the match. I remembered when he played for Houston last season and he had a horrific time against us. Their offense only managed a field goal and this was partly down to big Ben. Well this game didn't start any better for him as on his very first play he threw a pass which was picked by Goldson. What a way to start. This put us in great filed position. On second down and goal I attempted to catch the defense off guard with a quick pass to our full back but it fell in complete. We ran on 3rd down hoping to punch it in but Bell couldn't find the hole. 10-0. Washington's O looked a bit sharper on their next possession. Rainey capped it off with a 1 yard touchdown run to reduce our lead to 3 points.

We went 3 and out on our next drive giving them the ball back for the 2nd Q. Morris was having huge success on the ground and we were struggling to contain Rainey too. We stopped them in the red zone meaning they equaled the score with a field goal. On their next drive our DT committed an encroachment penalty which put them close to the end zone. Big Ben then hit his TE for 7 which gave them the lead. With a few minutes left until the half, we marched down the field for an Antonio Brown touchdown catch leaving 1:40 on the clock. The score at the half was 17-7.

Roethlisberger was having a great game, he was 18/20 so far. We stopped them to a field goal on their 1st drive of the second half. Ours was more successful when Rivers hit Finley over the middle for a 40 yard touchdown. Unfortunately the Redskins retook the lead with a 22 yard run by Rainey. Ryan Succup tied the score with a 44 yard field goal in the 4th Q. On the Redskins next drive, I said to myself that we needed a turnover to halt their running game. Morris took the hand off from Big Ben and ran to the outside. Goldson connected with a big hit which knocked the ball out, Shazier then recovered it! Two turnovers for Goldson today. After failing to convert on 3rd down we kicked the field goal which put us in the lead by 3 points.

There was 2 minutes left on the clock which was sufficient time for them to tie or even take the lead. In under 50 seconds Big Ben led a potential game winning drive as he hit his WR for a touchdown. Our D was getting beaten in every category. Just over a minute left on the clock we needed a touchdown from Rivers, Bell or anyone. A catch from Boldin put us into the Red Zone with 8 second left and no timeouts. It was now or never. First attempt, De Sean Jackson was wide open...missed! Rivers overthrew an open Jackson in the end zone. The Redskins then committed a RTP penalty which put us on the 7 yard line and 2 seconds left on the clock. Last chance saloon. Rivers dropped back...the blitz was coming but he managed to get the ball out just in time towards Finley on a slant. TOUCHDOWN! GAME OVER! Finley was unmarked and catches the pass from Rivers as time expires! What a game with an even better finish.

Steelers win 37-34

One hell of a game. Despite our D forcing two well timed turnovers, they struggled defending the run and the pass. After throwing a pick on his first play Big Ben played a fantastic came after. The combination of Rainey and Morris was difficult to handle and Jordan Reed had a big game for them two. Rivers got better as the match progressed and that last minute winning drive consisted of accuracy and composure. Boldin came up with two huge catches during that possession which were vital leading up to the touchdown. Of course Mr. Clutch Jermichael Finley created separation before hauling in the TD grab. One epic ending to a great match and respect to the Redskins after they looked a bit sloppy early on. We now have the chance to gain a winning record if we find another win in our next game.

P. Rivers: 36/47 | 311 Yards | 3 TDs | 0 INTs

Big Ben: 27/30 | 296 Yards | 2 TDs | 1 INTs

Next Game vs. Cowboys (3-1)
Dallas seem to be having a decent year with a very balanced team. They certainly will be no walkover but our D needs to improve quickly. We have been very inconsistent on that side of the ball this year, especially in the secondary. Rivers will start for the 3rd time since arriving hoping to get another win under his belt knowing that this is probably his last chance making a Super Bowl appearance at the end of the season.

Draft Board

4 games into the Season and constantly noting down ways to improve the team, I have been scouting a few players who I wish to Draft next season. The likelihood of us getting them all are slim but this is my board so far.

QB
- It is no joke that we need a QB. Rivers is 36 and in what could be his last season in the NFL whilst Mettenberger's injury proneness is just to much to take. Malcolm Parker out of Georgia is a Quarterback who possesses the rare combination of Accuracy and Speed. He can throw short, deep and scramble out of the pocket if needed. Parker is our number one choice but if he is taken then Reilly Barber would be our next pick. He is also very mobile with some decent accuracy.

CB - Filmore Davis looks like a solid CB with fantastic speed and play making skills. He excels in Zone Coverage but can also shut down a WR man to man. Since the end of our first year, our secondary has constantly been changing with us having to rely on FA pickups. We have struggled to defend the passing game and since we failed on picking up a top rated CB last year, it is important that we begin to fill that void with Davis. We may have to trade up to select him though.

ROLB - Despite our love for Jarvis Jones and his ability to make a play, we are struggling at the LOLB position in terms of stopping the run and wrapping when tackling. We need someone who can be consistent on every snap and Jordan Azur could fit our needs with his versatile ability to drop into coverage and chase down the RB. I am still scouting him though to make sure of this. If he isn't available then Jamaal Farmer could be next best thing. He fits our scheme and specializes in stopping the run. His size makes it difficult for lineman to stop and I am positive that he could impact this team for the better. Just like with Azur, I am still keeping a close eye on Farmer.

Last edited by TheSaints7; 09-25-2014 at 12:44 PM.
Old 09-25-2014, 02:22 PM   #684
Rookie

UUGGGHHH man the gosh darn Redskins just killed my dreams! No literal dreams killed, it was only the Browns first game of the season at home against Washington. The game started with some mediocre drives from me, even with a good running game. The Skins had jumped out to a 6-3 lead, because my defense made two very nice stops in the redzone.

I scored a touchdown after they hit their third field goal of the game, so going into the half it was 10-9.

I received the second half kick and did nothing with the ball. Manuel could not move the other offense either. I had them pinned deep in their own territory with about five minutes left in the third quarter and on a running play Rashad Johnson came in unblocked and knocked the ball loose! Browns recovered the fumble and Robinson ran it into the endzone(we lost Lattimore to a torn something the play before.) We had a short field the drive before that as well so the score was now 24-9.

At this point there was five minutes left in the game. I knew that all I needed was another field goal, or a stop and a two minute drive. The bare minimum to win the game, but They drove down effortlessly(it was a 98 yard drive or something) and scored on a four yard pass from Manuel to Arrelious Benn. I couldn't hold the ball for more than two damn minutes and had to punt and of course I messed up and the punt left them at their own 47 yard line. After a few plays the Browns got a sack, but on third down Manuel hit a receiver on the corner route(that son of a gun killed me all day with his speed) and he was off to the races for a 56 yard touchdown and the 2-point conversion was effortless for them as well.

I got the ball back with one minute left and made two nice plays BUT i tried to hurry up with 25 seconds left(meant to hit spike, but either way I could have stopped the clock) but Ashton Graves must have been glitching back there because he got to the line with 9 seconds left and I had to waste my last timeout. I was so damn angry! The hurry was called for at 25 seconds and it took Graves until 9 seconds to get to the line. That is just ridiculous.

Past that, I had the only play I felt fit for the situation called, but Washington called a timeout. I knew they were going to stop that pass, but I seriously doubted my offense here because they weren't clutch at all. I kept my play the same and it ended up being a pick six with 0:00 on the clock to end the game. The final was 32-24.

Man it was an exciting game, but I am not used to actually dealing with losses in Madden so it was stressful. I feel like most of the season is going to be filled with these types of games. Competitive until they win at the end. I guess it will be only a matter of getting used to the difficulty and paying attention to how their defense plays me.

No notable stats unfortunately, haha harder difficulty, less time with my offense on the field. But I will have stat updates in the future for my game summaries because I have to get the ball to my playmakers.

The Patriots are coming into town next week with the 6th ranked defense after one game. They have a bit worse defense than last year on paper, so if I can exploit them with some crossing routes I should have a good chance. They have the 75 overall Joe Flacco, who wasn't on this team before week 1, or they signed him right before the game. I don't know how it will go because any team has a chance against my defense even with all the quality players, but it will depend on a few big stops from the unit and how my offense can do consistently.
Old 09-25-2014, 04:24 PM   #685
Banned

TheSaints7's Arena

Season 3 Regular Season

Week 4 vs. Dallas Cowboys (3-1)
This game was horrible and made it even more frustrating with silly turnovers from our Offense. We started the game promising as our back up TE Linder caught a 25 yard touchdown pass on our 2nd drive. Tuitt then caused a fumble as Kirk Cousins was hit fro the right. On 3rd down Rivers looked deep for Sammy Watkins but was picked off by Wilcox. The rest of the first quarter was uneventful as both teams looked poor on Offense. We knew we would have to establish the run for the rest of the game since the Cowboys passing D was actually very good.

The 2nd quarter had more action with Cousins finding Auntrell Small for a 6 yard touchdown. This tied the game up. Our ground game started to work nicely as bell averaged about 5 yards per carry. Eventually he busted out a 33 yard run all the way for a score. He has been very dangerous recently and his confidence is high. The score was 14-7 to us at the half. As we continued to run the ball, James was hit by Sean Lee which caused the ball to come loose. Lee then recovered this but Dallas only managed a Field Goal. On our next drive our Offense committed another turnover. Rivers threw an inaccurate pass intended for Finley which Kiko Alonso intercepted. Our D then came up with a play when non other than the Asante Samuel picked off Cousins. This shifted momentum but we couldn't managed a touchdown meaning we opted for a FG.

In the final Q Dallas started with a good looking drive lead by Murray. A few more broken tackles later the Cowboys were in the red zone. On 3rd and 1 Murray took the hand off but was brought down behind the line by Laurence Timmons, great play. They kicked a short field goal to make it 14-13. Both teams continued to struggle through the air so I repeatedly ran the ball. We paid for this too when LaMichael James dropped the ball after being struck. The Cowboys kicked the ball back after going 3 and out with over 2 minutes left confident their D would make a stop. Bell then ran for a 60+ yards which pretty much sealed the game. Dallas still had 1 timeout left so with about with 30 seconds on the clock we kicked a field goal to make it a 4 point lead. Cousins attempted a few Hail Marys but they were all deflected. On 4th and 10 the last pass was batted down as time expired. It was not pretty but it was still another win.

Steelers win 17-13

Next Game vs. Baltimore Ravens (1-3)

Once again the Ravens are having a miserable season as they sit bottom of the division. Despite this, we know they will play us hard just like last year. We are on a 3 game win streak so lets hope we can push it to 3. The Browns are 4-1 and the Bengals are 3-1 after having an early Bye so we need to keep up with them. Let's see if we are up to it.

Last edited by TheSaints7; 09-25-2014 at 06:47 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2014, 05:25 PM   #686
Rookie

That Jason Witten trade makes me cringe, one of my favorite players in the league an i hate the cowboys.
Old 09-25-2014, 06:55 PM   #687
Banned

TheSaints7's Arena

Season 3 Regular Season

Week 5 vs. Baltimore Ravens (1-3)
A rainy day in Pittsburgh saw us take on our struggling but still dangerous Baltimore Ravens. For the second consecutive year the Ravens currently sat bottom of the AFC North but we know they would play us tough. They received the kickoff. After multiple frustrating third down conversions Baltimore faced a red zone opportunity. Flacco then hit Pitta on a slant for the TD. Our Offense then came onto the field and looked great. Rivers looked confident completing 5/5 with Bell running hard between tackles. Soon we had a 3rd and goal situation. Rivers dropped back and scurried to the right before throwing a soft pass to Finley for 7 points. On the Ravens next drive Jones-Drew went for a 40 yard gain right up to the 4 yard line. However there was a holding penalty on the play which brought the play right back. Baltimore still converted as our defense looked lost. MJD was gauging us for big gains. Then on 3rd and 9, Stefan James came up the middle to sack Flacco for an 11 yard loss. He is having a great Rookie year, seems as though we found a gem in the Draft. The sack ended up knocking them out of FG range.

The punt backed us up to our own 11 yard line but a pass over the middle to Watkins took us out of the danger zone. On third down all of our receivers were tightly covered but there was a huge gap to the right. Rivers decided to take off and eventually went 14 yards for the first down. It wasn't the quickest of runs but it did not need to be, nice play by our QB to pick up the gain. Later on the drive it was 4th and 1 at their 4 yard line. I was extremely confident that we could probably get the TD from here rather than just the 1 yard. Turns out I was right to take the chance as Bell grabbed the one yard followed by 3 more to put us up by seven points. Rivers was looking solid and so was Bell. Literally 2 plays later when Baltimore received the ball, Flacco hit MJD who suffered a violent but fair connection from Kareem Jackson. Fumble! Ryan Shazier then proceeded to pick it up and with his excellent speed, ran it all the way back for a 43 yard touchdown. 21-7 just like that. A Julius Peppers sack followed a big play by their RB after a screen pass. Then a false start pushed them back even more. Two more offensive penalties stalled their drive forcing them to punt. Stefan James was causing havoc up the middle for Baltimore. The score was 21-7 at the half, I was super impressed with both sides of our team. Our D looked worrying on their first drive of the game but soon found rhythm.

After an 8 yard run by Bell to start the second half, Rivers then found Antonio Brown across the field who went for 62 yards all the way to their five yard line. Two plays later and Bell had his second touchdown. Stefan James was beasting too as he recorded yet another sack on Flacco. Once again they punted. With our next possession, Bell just made a magical play. As he took the hand off, he was pretty much hit straight away but used a brutal stiff arm to shred the defender. He then broke the grasp of Matt Elam and trucked over Hill. Still with the football he was finally brought down by William Gay but not until he dragged him for a few extra yards. In total it was an 8 yard run but it could of easily been a negative loss on the play. He just keep churning his legs to break through defenders. (See the video below). Bell then followed the us with a six yard touchdown run. Baltimore needed seven points quick but I just couldn't see this happening.

It managed to get even worst for the Ravens when Flacco dropped back looking for the screen pass. He was sacked by Stefan James for the 5th time and this occasion it resulted in a fumble on the 2 yard line. Jarvis Jones picked it up and stepped into the end zone. To be fair the Ravens starting C was out meaning they were forced to play a low rated back up but it was showing. James was just cruising. This pretty much sealed the game if it wasn't already. 42-7 and it wasn't even the end of the third Q. This was one of, if not the best performance we had given. Everything was going our way. Flacco was once more causing another fumble but their offense recovered. This led to a punt. Flacco hadn't been playing all that bad to be fair despite the two fumbles. He as pretty accurate throughout. But with the way we was playing it was just a matter of time before we came up with another play. Flacco target Torrey Smith near the sideline but Kareem jumped the route to make an interception, his second turnover of the day. Of course already dominating, we continued to run so that the clock would work itself down. It wasn't our intention to run up the score but if you are just a few yards from the end zone with a good 5 minutes remaining, what are you going to do? 2nd down and 8 yards from the end zone, Rivers saw Finley open to the right. This was very similar to the first touchdown.

It was incredibly difficult to see why the Ravens were 1-3 coming into this game... What I mean by this is how on earth did they even win 1 game?! Their O-Line sucked and so did their D against both the pass and run. They were undisciplined giving away silly penalties as they became frustrated. Incredible performance from us, makes me wonder why can we not play like this all the time. Granted it was against a team who was hot garbage but we still made plays to force the dominant win.

Steelers win 52-7

The score speaks for itself. After Baltimore scored a TD on the first drive of the game, they were shut out and looked damn right horrible for the rest of it. We controlled every aspect and crushed them. I honestly thought they would give us a close ball game just like the past 2 seasons but it wasn't the case. Of course I am not complaining as it gives us another victory and extends our winning streak to 4. I see similarities to the first season which was a Super Bowl winning year but I am not predicting anything.

P. Rivers: 17/19 | 216 Yards | 2 TDs | 0 INTs
L. Bell: 33 ATT | 168 Yards | 3 TDs | 55 Yards After Contact
J. Flacco: 19/23 | 216 Yards | 1 TDs | 1 INTs | 2 FUM

Tough 8 yard run by Bell

Next game vs. Philadelphia Eagles (4-1)

A strong Philly team comes to town next in what will be our last home game in a long while. After this match up, our next 5 contests are all away games! Hardly fair and that will no doubt be our hardest stretch of the year. A win against Philly could be vital with our next matches all in hostile and tough environments. At least we end the season with 4 home games however. The Eagles are looking strong with their only loss being by 1 point against Minnesota. They sit atop of the NFC East looking like a playoff team. Hopefully we can carry the momentum from last week into this game but I have a feeling that this will be much more of a close battle.
Old 09-25-2014, 07:27 PM   #688
Rookie

StiffC's Arena

Season One - Week Nine
7-1

Game Time - vs Philadelphia Eagles (5-2)

Martin drops the kickoff to start the game. Lets hope this is not an example for how the day is going to go. On the first play of the drive, Foster is tackled for a loss. Fosters number is called the very next play, it looks like he's going to get tackled behind the line again... No wait! He breaks free of the tackle and goes for a 23 yard gain. Following a pass to Andre, and Posey, Mallett hits Calvin for a 41 yard TD. Calvin was wide open with room to run. The Houston defense who has had no trouble getting to the QB this year, forces a 3 and out after getting back to back sacks. Foles is going to be feeling pressure all day long without Left Guard Evan Mathis, and even his backup Matt Tobin. This is a battered O-Line and if Foles wants to get anything done against this rush, he has to do it in a fast quick pass fashion. So far this Eagles defense has not had any pressure on Mallett and has missed crucial tackles. Hopkins broke two tackles and then proceeded to go the rest of the way to make a 46 yard TD. Foles is going to get injured on a 3rd down. MLB Kendricks is going to also get injured. Barkley is going to come in on the Eagles next possession and leads them down field. McCoy makes a game changing catch on a crucial 3rd down which may have changed the Eagles momentum. Later in the drive Jordan Matthews is also going to be sidelined by injury. Sproles is going to score a TD on a 7 yard run after breaking a tackle attempt by Lewis. Finally putting some points on the board, the score is now 24-7, and that is how it will remain going in to the half.

Spoiler

Coming out of the half, the Eagles offense get going, but that is quickly erased. Cushing comes right up the middle and hits Barkley hard resulting in a fumble that Woods is able to jump on. The booth says no fumble, and the play is reversed. The reversal is not going to matter much, as the battered O-Line is going to allow ANOTHER sack. A Barkley-Maclin TD is going to put more points on the board for a struggling Eagles team. On the next Eagles possession Barkley overthrows his target and Dent makes the pick taking it back for a pick six.

The Eagles struggle to get anything going and the Texans win, 48-14.

Sports Analysts said going in to this game that if the Eagles wanted any chance to win, they had the keep the explosive Texans offense off of the field. They did exactly the opposite, as the defense allowed themselves to get walked all over.

Week Ten - Bye Week
I did not have anything to do during the bye week.

Week Eleven Showdown - @ Cleveland Browns (3-6)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »