Home

This new playcalling feature has got to go

This is a discussion on This new playcalling feature has got to go within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2014, 04:42 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: This new playcalling feature has got to go

I'm an old school player and I really like the coaches suggestion. I'm running plays I normally would ignore. If I don't agree with the play, I just select my own.
Old 08-26-2014, 04:58 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

it's quite the opposite for me for some reason, all they ever do is suggest a run play, RBs would have 20 carries by halftime
Old 08-26-2014, 07:37 PM   #19
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnZzgo
What is the difference between quick play calling and enhanced?
Quick play shows one play at a time, enhanced shows you three.
Old 08-26-2014, 07:41 PM   #20
Rookie

Connolly22's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlucky 13
I havent gotten my copy yet, but this is the one thing that I'm scared of this year. I call my own plays 100% of the time on offense and defense. It sounds like those of us who want to do that have to go through a lot of hassle for every single play, which is just awful. I really hope they patch it so you can ignore it after the start of the game.
Dude I didn't buy madden last year and bought this one, played it all night last night after midnight release and kept accidentally choosing plays cuz I would press a to get past the replay. I've since gotten used to not doing that and don't mind it as much as I did last night but I thought it was just me not used to playing madden or something. I was looking stuff up on google trying to find something to turn it off last night but I didn't know what to type in lol

However, this is by far the most fun madden to play in a long long time. I can see some real fun moments in my beat future. The play calling isn't bad at all, it's actually god just something new and you should get used to it. I honestly haven't used it much yet, but it does seem like it's there for the right reasons and serves a purpose.

The ONE thing that will truly make this game great is as soon as they fix this whole QB sim stats thing. I'm 2 games into my regular season, read about the problem after the first game an have since taken most of the teams and played around with their schemes. I've only gotten thru one week with all of the teams changed up but idk I haven't seen anything to crazy convince me it's a proper fix. But once they fix that this game will be a gem instantly.

Also, I can't find gameface?

Last edited by Connolly22; 08-26-2014 at 07:47 PM.
Old 08-26-2014, 08:46 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 3

I love the new play calling menu.....I have no problems going through it, finding what I want, lots of information.....I don't see the hate but to each his own, really loving this years madden so far
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2014, 07:35 AM   #22
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

After playing a few games, its only inconvenient on offense, but is quite frustrating on defense. I never feel like I have enough time to call plays on denfense when I need to switch from one formation to another. I barely have time when I know exact which play I want to run and know exactly where it is. If I want to look over my sheet, it times out on me most of the time.
Old 08-28-2014, 12:15 PM   #23
Rookie

frankstallone83's Arena

OVR: 3

I've just submitted to EA's will and am using coach suggestions for defense, there's just not enough time when choosing formations.

Also, is it screwing anybody else up to have the name of the play below the diagram? Hasn't it always been written above the play? I'm sure I'll get used to it but it's still messing with me a little even after a couple of days.
Old 08-28-2014, 12:51 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankstallone83
I've just submitted to EA's will and am using coach suggestions for defense, there's just not enough time when choosing formations.

Also, is it screwing anybody else up to have the name of the play below the diagram? Hasn't it always been written above the play? I'm sure I'll get used to it but it's still messing with me a little even after a couple of days.
I've called the wrong play a few times because of the name being underneath the play instead of on top

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »