Home

Quarter Length/Acc Clock/Game Speed (What are you using?)

This is a discussion on Quarter Length/Acc Clock/Game Speed (What are you using?) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2014, 01:32 PM   #65
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: Quarter Length/Acc Clock/Game Speed (What are you using?)

I'm thinking of getting normal speed. But I'm getting waxed on all madden on slow, so I should probably try all pro.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2014, 05:29 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 3

What is the default online ranked match game speed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-28-2014, 11:10 PM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceZeroz
15 minute quarters
20 second play clock
Normal Speed.

Gives me enough time to read coverage, look at the match-up stick and then make adjustments if necessary.

I know this may be a dumb question but how do you read the matchup stick? What do all the colors mean?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-08-2014, 03:20 AM   #68
Just started!

OVR: 0

For those using 12 minute quarters w/20 sec run-off do you guys find the stats/final scores too gaudy?

I'm passing for 300+ yards and find myself rushing for 100 yards with 2 RBs (each).

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, decreasing the run-off (for example 10 seconds) makes the game shorter correct? Runs more time off the game-
clock opposed to a 20 second run-off, right?

Just can't seem to find the sweet spot.
Old 09-08-2014, 03:57 AM   #69
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

15 minute quarters
15 second accelerated playclock
Normal Speed (0 min speed player threshold)

I get around 120-130 total plays a game, but it can vary a little depending on how the user (me) or the CPU decides to play the game.

Also, at the faster pace you definitely have to pay more attention (than if it was on slow), to when and where the pressure may be coming from for each play (if the CPU decides to bring it), and most certainly be sure to make your O-line pre-snap adjustment slides (or even max protect), to prevent a hurry or taking a QB sack. It definitely helps, and I make sure to make pre-snap O-line adjustments often if the defense I see coming, calls for it.

Another thing on normal speed, while worrying about the quick pace of the pressure coming down on you, is reading through your progressions quicker. It is more challenging, more realistic in my opinion, and overall more fun on normal speed. The running game especially, as well.

Last edited by Shon 23; 09-08-2014 at 04:43 AM.
Old 09-08-2014, 06:17 AM   #70
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheQuinn94
15 minute quarters
15 second accelerated playclock
Normal Speed (0 min speed player threshold)

I get around 120-130 total plays a game, but it can vary a little depending on how the user (me) or the CPU decides to play the game.

Also, at the faster pace you definitely have to pay more attention (than if it was on slow), to when and where the pressure may be coming from for each play (if the CPU decides to bring it), and most certainly be sure to make your O-line pre-snap adjustment slides (or even max protect), to prevent a hurry or taking a QB sack. It definitely helps, and I make sure to make pre-snap O-line adjustments often if the defense I see coming, calls for it.

Another thing on normal speed, while worrying about the quick pace of the pressure coming down on you, is reading through your progressions quicker. It is more challenging, more realistic in my opinion, and overall more fun on normal speed. The running game especially, as well.

Well since I'm still playing on slow speed I put my pass block all the way down to 1 so that I could get a good pass rush against me. Plus I went on YouTube an saw teams using the QB cam in practice and the zoom camera replicates that perfectly. It makes you have to really read the defense and make quick decisions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 09-08-2014, 06:27 AM   #71
Pro

Shon 23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb0731
Well since I'm still playing on slow speed I put my pass block all the way down to 1 so that I could get a good pass rush against me. Plus I went on YouTube an saw teams using the QB cam in practice and the zoom camera replicates that perfectly. It makes you have to really read the defense and make quick decisions.

I play solely on zoom cam, as well as defensive cam only for the extra challenge. Zoom cam looks great with the graphics, it also gives you somewhat of a "simulation" feel of having to look over your O-line and find your receivers or spot the defenders, as the QB, since it is so low.

Defensive cam is just plain fun, and adds freshness to the defensive side of the ball. Plus, I think it is more difficult to master, than getting a bird's eye view like a "coordinator's" press-box view, zoomed out as the defense, while you're playing the offense from their perspective. So, I agree there.

Last edited by Shon 23; 09-08-2014 at 06:32 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2014, 06:35 AM   #72
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTheQuinn94
I play solely on zoom cam, as well as defensive cam only for the extra challenge. Zoom cam looks great with the graphics, it also gives you somewhat of a "simulation" feel of having to look over your O-line and find your receivers or spot the defenders, as the QB, since it is so low.

Defensive cam is just plain fun, and adds freshness to the defensive side of the ball. Plus, I think it is more difficult to master, than getting a bird's eye view like a "coordinator's" press-box view, zoomed out as the defense, while you're playing the offense from their perspective. So, I agree there.

Two questions. Do you also use player lock on defense so it forces you not to switch? An did you catch the broncos game last night? Cause they had more then a half dozen drops by the receivers lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »