Home

Accepted Trades here

This is a discussion on Accepted Trades here within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2014, 02:17 AM   #145
Rookie

Sheep Ballz's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Accepted Trades here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox831
I'm not talking about in the game, I mean in a real life situation. It depends on if you want realism within your game or not..
What is this 'realism' you speak of?

The realism where the Broncos after the first year of my CFM released Peyton Manning, who then played one year in Detroit with Stafford on the bench? How about the realism where Matt Ryan, after 3 years into my CFM is rated 68 OVR and near the bottom of the free agent QB pool? How about the one where Jake Locker led the league in passing with 5320 yards and 54 TDs and only 2 INT? Or maybe Montee Ball leading the league in receiving with 134 catches, but only 894 yards? Punt returner league leaders averaging no more than 9 yards per return?

How about the fact that, after 4 successful seasons as the Raiders, I was forced to retire as owner because I ended up $120 million in the hole? Those 4 seasons saw the Raiders win SB XLIX, move to LA the following season and win SB L & LI going 16-0 both seasons, barely losing the AFC championship game in the 4th season to the Broncos (led by Blake Bortles), Derek Carr winning ROY & MVP in the same season and going on to win MVP 2 more times, and Dennis Allen winning COY all 4 seasons?

My point is that when I make trades in the game, yes, I try for a bit of realism. However, I don't go for true realism. I go for what I call hypothetical realism. What that means is that, yes, the Saints in real life wouldn't make that trade at all. However, IF they were to make that trade, what would be the likely value from both sides? For a 1st year unproven player such as Cooks, two 2nd rounders and a decent receiver (that would likely excel in the Saints offense) would be a fair trade.

It's very difficult, if not impossible in some cases to go for true realism in an offline CFM when the game itself is so screwy. I've just gotten to the point where I look at it as one giant fantasy league and don't worry about realism as much anymore. That way, I can have more fun with it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2014, 02:21 AM   #146
We're Going Farming

Equinox831's Arena

OVR: 18

Just because the game isn't realistic at all times doesn't mean you have to be just as wacky with your transactions, but at the end of the day, it's your game and you can do what you want man. Relax.
Old 09-15-2014, 02:44 AM   #147
Rookie

Sheep Ballz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox831
Just because the game isn't realistic at all times doesn't mean you have to be just as wacky with your transactions, but at the end of the day, it's your game and you can do what you want man. Relax.
Didn't mean to sound offensive, I just thought the concept of 'realism' within an offline CFM is rather funny compared to how UN-realistic it is at times.
Old 09-15-2014, 03:44 AM   #148
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheep Ballz
What is this 'realism' you speak of?

The realism where the Broncos after the first year of my CFM released Peyton Manning, who then played one year in Detroit with Stafford on the bench? How about the realism where Matt Ryan, after 3 years into my CFM is rated 68 OVR and near the bottom of the free agent QB pool? How about the one where Jake Locker led the league in passing with 5320 yards and 54 TDs and only 2 INT? Or maybe Montee Ball leading the league in receiving with 134 catches, but only 894 yards? Punt returner league leaders averaging no more than 9 yards per return?

How about the fact that, after 4 successful seasons as the Raiders, I was forced to retire as owner because I ended up $120 million in the hole? Those 4 seasons saw the Raiders win SB XLIX, move to LA the following season and win SB L & LI going 16-0 both seasons, barely losing the AFC championship game in the 4th season to the Broncos (led by Blake Bortles), Derek Carr winning ROY & MVP in the same season and going on to win MVP 2 more times, and Dennis Allen winning COY all 4 seasons?

My point is that when I make trades in the game, yes, I try for a bit of realism. However, I don't go for true realism. I go for what I call hypothetical realism. What that means is that, yes, the Saints in real life wouldn't make that trade at all. However, IF they were to make that trade, what would be the likely value from both sides? For a 1st year unproven player such as Cooks, two 2nd rounders and a decent receiver (that would likely excel in the Saints offense) would be a fair trade.

It's very difficult, if not impossible in some cases to go for true realism in an offline CFM when the game itself is so screwy. I've just gotten to the point where I look at it as one giant fantasy league and don't worry about realism as much anymore. That way, I can have more fun with it.
If someone on here had seen the Colts release Peyton Manning a few years ago everyone would have said "that would never happen in real life". There will never be a perfect GM AI Logic because you never know what a real life NFL GM will do. Did anyone think Peppers, Ware and Revis would all be released this offseason?
Old 09-15-2014, 06:29 AM   #149
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

OVR: 18

Giants trade: LOLB Jacquian Williams and a 2014 6th round draft pick
Cardinals trade- HB Andre Ellington

Is this trade realistic/ fair?

I'm the Giants for my CFM. Rashad Jennings hasn't been getting it done as my starting HB. I started Peyton Hillis for my week 3 game, he was hurt in the first few minutes. Jennings would break 100 yards rushing on over 20 attempts. Jennings is 29, so he's right about to hit the dreaded age of 30 for running backs. I plan on grooming Andre Williams to be my feature back. But, for now, I needed a spark. The team started 0-2 then beat the Texans. At 1-2, we needed some firepower for the offense. I faced/lost to the Cardinals in week 2, and Ellington played a factor- he ran for a touchdown and also caught a touchdown pass.

However, Arizona isn't starting him in my CFM. They're starting Jonathan Dwyer (who killed me in that game, rushing for 140 yards.) So, I figured I'd at least place an offer for Ellington, who has been on the trade block since the preseason in my CFM. The Cardinals were seeking a OLB because Lorenzo Alexander is injured. I offered Jacquian Williams (72 overall, who wasn't starting because I have Spencer Paysinger as the starter) and a sixth round pick for Ellington. I honestly low-balled the Cardinals, and was surprised that they accepted.

Yankees: #AllRise

Last edited by Gronk4M13; 09-15-2014 at 06:31 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »