Home

Thinking about getting Madden 15 (PS4 question)

This is a discussion on Thinking about getting Madden 15 (PS4 question) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2014, 07:12 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
Thinking about getting Madden 15 (PS4 question)

Hey guys, so my PS3 bit the dust earlier this year and in order to play Madden this year I'm going to have to buy a new system. I am used to free online play so the fact it's no longer free with PS4 is holding me back. My question is, if I just want to have access to EA's roster updates, do I have to pay Sony's online fee? And if so, what's the cheapest route you can go with this? Thanks for any info
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2014, 07:17 PM   #2
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

Re: Thinking about getting Madden 15 (PS4 question)

for 1 year of playstation plus it costs like the same as 1 game

is that really enough to make u not want to upgrade? its totally worth it. not to mention the fact that playstation plus pays for itself within a few months with all the free games you get.

and to answer your question... theoretically you could have a friend upload the file, then download it to a flash drive and insert onto your PS4.
Old 08-26-2014, 07:25 PM   #3
Pro

So unless I pay for PS+ I have no online capabilities in this game? I'm just used to free online play and them doing away with that is a turnoff since I am not a big gamer. I play Madden, NBA2k, GTA, and a fighting game like Mortal Kombat. I may play an occasional online game of Madden, but I usually will just do an offline franchise. I hate I have to pay anything considering how little I use online
Old 08-26-2014, 07:27 PM   #4
Rookie

rushinplayallgame's Arena

OVR: 0

You have to to do pretty much anything on PS4 online
Old 08-26-2014, 07:33 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMB82
Hey guys, so my PS3 bit the dust earlier this year and in order to play Madden this year I'm going to have to buy a new system. I am used to free online play so the fact it's no longer free with PS4 is holding me back. My question is, if I just want to have access to EA's roster updates, do I have to pay Sony's online fee? And if so, what's the cheapest route you can go with this? Thanks for any info
No, you don't need PS+ to get the roster updates. It's 100% free. I am not a subscriber to PS+ and I get all the roster updates.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2014, 07:33 PM   #6
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
So unless I pay for PS+ I have no online capabilities in this game? I'm just used to free online play and them doing away with that is a turnoff since I am not a big gamer. I play Madden, NBA2k, GTA, and a fighting game like Mortal Kombat. I may play an occasional online game of Madden, but I usually will just do an offline franchise. I hate I have to pay anything considering how little I use online
If you want to move to next gen, you are gonna pay for online no matter what. PSN is $50 a year, XBL is $60 a year.

PS4 does allow you to use netflix, hulu, etc without a PS plus subscription, but Xbone makes you have a gold subscription to use anything online.

Those are the two differences, regardless you will have to pay to play online.
Old 08-26-2014, 07:35 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Just have someone send you the file so you an upload it via RAM stick.

Also PS Plus is def, worth it, you get a couple of free games every month and most times they are pretty great.
Old 08-26-2014, 07:35 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownianMotion
No, you don't need PS+ to get the roster updates. It's 100% free. I am not a subscriber to PS+ and I get all the roster updates.
This is good news.. The official updates from EA?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »