Home

Madden NFL 15: Your First Impressions (Roundtable)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15: Your First Impressions (Roundtable) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2014, 08:28 AM   #41
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4
Honestly, this is the first NFL game where I can honestly say it feels like an NFL game for real on Sunday. No offense to poeople who like rap music and some of that current gen music out there today, but I'm glad those days of those terrible soundtracks are gone. It's not NFL Films music which I so adored in Madden 10 and 11 , but the new music is more of an orchestrated score and I'm completely down with that and it fits the mood of NFL Sunday in most respects. The closeups after a play, the replays, the camera angles, the awesome celebrations, the crowd atmosphere is even great! And do we have lively sidelines for a change? We certainly do!

After the virtual highlight reel the game put you in, you are offered to go into the training modes or dive into the ultimate team or other modes. The skills training is long and very entertaining, but most of all, you really learn a lot when you play the trainer. was a nice addition and I learned a lot about the new defensive mechanics and I was instantly having a blast learning how to play again. I knew if the training is fun, the main game had to be fun right? Well, let's see here...

The difficulty level has gotten tougher IMO. I let the Browns beat me (Eagles 14 to 10 in my first game) but it was a fantastic an exciting game and I didn't want it to end. But what stood out? I could play freaking DEFENSE!!! Although I was learning with that new defensive camera angle. Is it me, or did they somewhat borrow from backbreaker? That threw me off back in the day, it's throwing me off now, but it grows on you and I like playing behind the defense for a change and it works well.

Again, I mentioned before, you do occasionally see some pretty outrageous animations especially near the end of a tackle with guys flopping around again like in 25, but it's definitely been addressed and toned down significantly and overall, it really feels and looks good.

Offense feels great as the defense does. The typical controls still will be right home with the Madden guys. Running game is a blast and run blocking continues to improve each year, and I feel the holes are easier to distinguish in this game. Passing is smooth and doesn't seem overpowering. I tried a few of my money plays I learned over the years and they all seemed to be contained. Computer A.I. is smart and mixes it up. I love the play calling screens. Nice and big and easy to see which is great for poeple who like to really get up close and personal. I really like the ability to look through so many plays and the reccomended plays always seem like a good option when you're wanting to do hurry up.

Graphics are fantastic. As good as MLB The Show and NBA2k?? I sure think so. The players faces are better than you would expect considering they are usually hiding under their helmets, but there is an amazing amount of detail especially for big name guys like Peyton Manning. Coaches are eeriely like their actual counterparts. So much love was to make this look more real than it already did, and Madden 15 gets nearly everything right in the graphics department.

The commentary is the only thing that continues to disappoint. It's an improvement from last year, all be it a miniscule one. I like Nance, but i think I heard his voice over the years too many times on NCAA. The halftime show and end game summaries are very nice though, the broadcast presentation as a whole truly feels like an NFL Sunday broadcast, can probably lean on CBS a bit with the vibe I get when I play.

The game offers online tournaments, connected franchise modes, online quick matches, roster sharing (woo hoo) and LEGENDS are back! I don't know how many yet, but nice to see I can make my own players too and make my own classic teams! Look out everyone, the 86 browns will be coming for you!

Madden 15 is not Madden 25 with updated rosters, this game feels great, feels new, and feels fresh. EA put a lot into their game this year and made me a believer that EA can still make a good football game on a yearly basis if they want to. Madden 15 is proof for me. I give it a 9 out of 10.

Last edited by GisherJohn24; 08-28-2014 at 08:46 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2014, 12:26 PM   #42
Just started!

OVR: 0
I'm all about presentation. Something madden has always lacked in compared to 2k games. That intro video/game with the Seahawks versus the Panthers. Give me that game. I would play something like that all day! But after all my bias years I will give madden some credit. It actually plays better(thank the heavens)
Old 08-28-2014, 03:33 PM   #43
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Madden NFL 15: Your First Impressions (Roundtable)

Played about 14 games so far and have not completed one deep pass. It doesn't matter how terrible the secondary is or how fast my receivers are, not ONE TIME has a receiver gotten behind a defender. I understand that it shouldn't happen often but its impossible to complete a deep pass ever. Also, the receivers don't jump for the ball, they just wait for it to come down and the corners are seemingly always able to get under deep passes. And this is single coverage on guys like Andre Johnson and Jimmy Graham. At some point these guys make plays.
Old 08-28-2014, 05:40 PM   #44
Rookie

slick1ru2's Arena

Unfortunately for those on the older consoles, we paid the same price but got an incomplete product. No pre and half-ti8me show is the biggest omission along with no community play input with success % rates. I didn't expect, of course, for the graphics to be any better including the crowd, but the other elements should have been included especially if charged the same price. I have to admit, if you have an XBox One or PS3, this purchase may be a pass since its basically Madden 25 with the elimination of Defense Assit and addition of two new ways to tackle. MUT went overboard. What we needed in MUT was a simpler way to find out where a card goes. They added it but changed it around so much its now confusing. Also the CC pregame seems like a waste of time. Last year's was too easy, this year is too complex and absurd. You get a tiny allocation of hours and have too much of a choice to spend it on. Its not like that in real life because in real life teams have a staff that works with each group.
Old 08-28-2014, 06:57 PM   #45
Rookie

slick1ru2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick1ru2
Unfortunately for those on the older consoles, we paid the same price but got an incomplete product. No pre and half-ti8me show is the biggest omission along with no community play input with success % rates. I didn't expect, of course, for the graphics to be any better including the crowd, but the other elements should have been included especially if charged the same price. I have to admit, if you have an XBox One or PS3, this purchase may be a pass since its basically Madden 25 with the elimination of Defense Assit and addition of two new ways to tackle. MUT went overboard. What we needed in MUT was a simpler way to find out where a card goes. They added it but changed it around so much its now confusing. Also the CC pregame seems like a waste of time. Last year's was too easy, this year is too complex and absurd. You get a tiny allocation of hours and have too much of a choice to spend it on. Its not like that in real life because in real life teams have a staff that works with each group.
I meant XBox 360 or PS3, obviously, not XBox One.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »