Home

Madden NFL 15 Official Trade Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Official Trade Discussion Thread within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2014, 11:52 AM   #9
Pro

Zane3490's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Madden NFL 15 Official Trade Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
But why would Carolina, who has an offense that might not be as good last year, trade away a feared pass rusher? The Panthers want to win right now and Hardy is going to be determined to earn his next pay day and play lights out. The Panthers front 7 is their bread and butter...why would they ditch a key part of this? Also what if an injury happens on the DL? So just get rid of their depth?

Are these just "Madden" trades you guys are trying to do? Or are you actually taking into account football decisions?

My current Falcons one, those are Madden trades. With that one I'm going after former UGA players and my favorite ones to mess around and once the rosters are cut to 53, then I'll start doing more football based moves. I honestly agree whole heartedly on your points though.
Old 08-27-2014, 12:12 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
1) Roddy White is going to be about 75 overall after the first year when he regresses and you just took their best offensive player away from them. You gave them 1st rd picks that will be late in the draft which aren't even close to comparable to a guy like AJ Green.

You absolutely ripped off Cincinnati in this. If I'm the Cincy GM I am never training my franchise player and definitely not for a ripoff like this.

2) So you take their starting HB who is much younger and cheaper than Jackson and it's ok? The draft picks actually make it somewhat okay because non-elite HB's are easily replaced through the draft. You're giving them a late 2nd/3rd.

I really don't see PIT ever doing that so it's not realistic but you could argue it has an element of fairness to it. If I'm the PIT GM I never do this.
The RB trade would definitely be realistic. No HB's went on the first round last season, and that is just the way the NFL is going. Offering a 2nd and 3rd for Bell is plenty, especially considering Bell was a 2nd round pick just a year ago. The Pitt gm would never do this because no team will offer him that, as the picks are probably worth more, not to mention you get a decent replacement back for the year to go with Blount.
Old 08-27-2014, 12:17 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
But why would Carolina, who has an offense that might not be as good last year, trade away a feared pass rusher? The Panthers want to win right now and Hardy is going to be determined to earn his next pay day and play lights out. The Panthers front 7 is their bread and butter...why would they ditch a key part of this? Also what if an injury happens on the DL? So just get rid of their depth?

Are these just "Madden" trades you guys are trying to do? Or are you actually taking into account football decisions?
Because they might not be able to resign Hardy, not to mention that he might be facing suspension next year in real life. The football decisions being made also involve finances and getting the most out of guys. Just look at the NBA Love-Wiggins trade. Love is a proven top 10 player. They are trading him due to the fact that he won't be back next year and they are making the most they can out of him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2014, 01:09 PM   #12
MVP

SwaggerCoach's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganfan8620
Because they might not be able to resign Hardy, not to mention that he might be facing suspension next year in real life. The football decisions being made also involve finances and getting the most out of guys. Just look at the NBA Love-Wiggins trade. Love is a proven top 10 player. They are trading him due to the fact that he won't be back next year and they are making the most they can out of him.
This is some of my logic. The Panthers are in salary cap hell right now. It's doubtful they will be able to re-sign Hardy at the end of this year. (And I strongly suspect it's why Gettleman drafted Ealy).

While I certainly agree that the Panthers will definitely have Hardy all year long - and if I wanted to be absolutely 100% realistic, I would keep him on the roster as well - I do know that the odds of keeping him are low. So - like the Love/Wiggins trade mentioned above, I would want to get as much as I could for him instead of letting him hit FA.
Old 08-27-2014, 01:54 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwaggerCoach
This is some of my logic. The Panthers are in salary cap hell right now. It's doubtful they will be able to re-sign Hardy at the end of this year. (And I strongly suspect it's why Gettleman drafted Ealy).

While I certainly agree that the Panthers will definitely have Hardy all year long - and if I wanted to be absolutely 100% realistic, I would keep him on the roster as well - I do know that the odds of keeping him are low. So - like the Love/Wiggins trade mentioned above, I would want to get as much as I could for him instead of letting him hit FA.
I'd say winning a SB with him leading that front 7 is getting plenty in return haha
Old 08-27-2014, 02:14 PM   #14
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganfan8620
This type of post is why I should not post in here. Have fun making trades gentlemen.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 08-27-2014, 02:16 PM   #15
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwaggerCoach

They can create cap room to keep Hardy if they really want to. For starters they need to figure out what to with Cam Newton and his 15 million cap hit next year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2014, 02:18 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:

I'd argue the offense will be the same or better. We were bottom of the league last year in passing. Can't get much worse. Also, Hardy will want lots of money next year which we can't afford due to all the cash tied up in RBs (mostly dead money too) from Hurney's days.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »