Home

Editing Rosters in Connected Franchise

This is a discussion on Editing Rosters in Connected Franchise within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2014, 11:22 AM   #41
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Editing Rosters in Connected Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by superxero27
Round and round you go. Take it up with the devs who DARE to value things differently than the almighty bucky60.
Well one view limits consumers experience and the other view doesn't take anything away from what currently exists while expanding the consumers options. That doesn't sound like an "almighty" view that I have. You seem to have this backwards. It seems like limiting the consumer experience is the "almighty" view.

As far as valuing things differently. If taking nothing away while expanding consumer options isn't the designers goal, then the devs should really be valuing things differently.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2014, 12:33 PM   #42
MVP

StefJoeHalt's Arena

OVR: 0

In my opinion Editing in CFM is limited for one reason..editing causes unknown glitches in Madden..when they patched it in because we demanded it last time on Last Gen, they game went crazy (think it was the "big arm issue") and they removed the editing feature again..my belief is it has nothing to do with ratings, legality, progression, or anything else..it's that they are not sure what will happen..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
Old 10-02-2014, 02:08 PM   #43
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
Well one view limits consumers experience and the other view doesn't take anything away from what currently exists while expanding the consumers options. That doesn't sound like an "almighty" view that I have. You seem to have this backwards. It seems like limiting the consumer experience is the "almighty" view.

As far as valuing things differently. If taking nothing away while expanding consumer options isn't the designers goal, then the devs should really be valuing things differently.
Who are you to say what the "consumer experience" is? I didn't realize you were elected to speak on behalf of every consumer. In the Dev's mind the consumer experience is something completely different than what is in your mind. I am not saying I agree or disagree with your opinions but every one of your posts has an "almighty" tone.
Old 10-02-2014, 02:09 PM   #44
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt
In my opinion Editing in CFM is limited for one reason..editing causes unknown glitches in Madden..when they patched it in because we demanded it last time on Last Gen, they game went crazy (think it was the "big arm issue") and they removed the editing feature again..my belief is it has nothing to do with ratings, legality, progression, or anything else..it's that they are not sure what will happen..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bucky60 says it is due to poor design and he typed poor design in all caps.

The case is settled.
Old 10-02-2014, 03:32 PM   #45
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
Who are you to say what the "consumer experience" is?
I said one view puts limits the consumer experience. Limits that other AAA team oriented sports titles don't put on there consumers. That doesn't define exactly what every consumers experience is. Just that the view limits it.

Quote:
I didn't realize you were elected to speak on behalf of every consumer.
How does stating the limitations built into the game, limitations that don't exist in other AAA team oriented sports titles, limitations that many have said they don't care for, speak on your personal experience with the game? or anybody's. It just states the game has limitations that other AAA team oriented sports titles don't seem to have.

Quote:
In the Dev's mind the consumer experience is something completely different than what is in your mind.
And there minds have put limits on the consumer experience. Limits that other AAA team oriented sports games have not put on their consumers.

I have not DEFINED the consumer experience, just that there game puts limits on it. Allowing full editing and other customization would not effect the current users experience since customizing would be OPTIONAL. That's not an almighty position to take.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2014, 03:40 PM   #46
Pro

superxero27's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:

No the "almighty view" you have is that you proclaim to be the arbiter of what game developers should and shouldn't value while refusing to consider any other perspectives. I agree with you for the most part, but I can actually at least begin to consider why the devs limit editing the way they do. I'm just not so arrogant as to claim that my priorities should be theirs.

My teams:
NFL - Minnesota Vikings, Arizona Cardinals
NCAAF/B - Arizona Wildcats, Northern Arizona Lumberjacks, North Texas Mean Green

I find it amusing that the OS icon for NAU is 20 years (and three rebrands!) out of date.
Old 10-02-2014, 05:25 PM   #47
Banned

Quote:
No the "almighty view" you have is that you proclaim to be the arbiter of what game developers should and shouldn't value while refusing to consider any other perspectives.
Chris had a view that full editing for offline single user franchises would give an unfair advantage in online leagues and head to head. Like full editing must be for all modes or none. All I did was point out how wrong that was. It's an IF THEN ELSE statement. That's not an elitist or almighty view.

Making mention of how the game limits the cunsumers options and that adding these options that other AAA team oriented sports games provide, and that it should not effect those that don't want to use that option is not an elitist or almighty view.

Quote:
I agree with you for the most part, but I can actually at least begin to consider why the devs limit editing the way they do. I'm just not so arrogant as to claim that my priorities should be theirs.
Are you serious? I refute a claim chris made about why full editing should not be allowed in an offline single user franhise and mention that other AAA team oriented sports games don't have this limitation. And somehow you equate that to me demanding EA/Tib meet my and only my priorities. I have ot LOL at this.
Old 10-02-2014, 08:26 PM   #48
Pro

superxero27's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Chris had a view that full editing for offline single user franchises would give an unfair advantage in online leagues and head to head. Like full editing must be for all modes or none. All I did was point out how wrong that was. It's an IF THEN ELSE statement. That's not an elitist or almighty view.

Making mention of how the game limits the cunsumers options and that adding these options that other AAA team oriented sports games provide, and that it should not effect those that don't want to use that option is not an elitist or almighty view.

Are you serious? I refute a claim chris made about why full editing should not be allowed in an offline single user franhise and mention that other AAA team oriented sports games don't have this limitation. And somehow you equate that to me demanding EA/Tib meet my and only my priorities. I have ot LOL at this.
You refuted nothing. You incredulously ask "why should they care" every time a point is brought up; thereby implying that developers should not care what consumers do because you, bucky60, do not. That's not a refutation, not even close. Chris' claim about why full editing doesn't work in the current context was based on the approach the team has actually taken (Xp and Confidence, not to mention scouting, mechanics and a unified cfm experience) and not wanting to undermine their own work, not based on the ideal world of almighty bucky60. And seriously dude? You don't have any clue why a developer would somehow not want to undermine on purpose a key mechanism undermining a major game mode??

Or do you just not want to?

If you can't see why myself and others refer to you as arrogant or having van almighty tone, you might consider reading through your posts before you hit "submit reply" and actually think.

My teams:
NFL - Minnesota Vikings, Arizona Cardinals
NCAAF/B - Arizona Wildcats, Northern Arizona Lumberjacks, North Texas Mean Green

I find it amusing that the OS icon for NAU is 20 years (and three rebrands!) out of date.

Last edited by superxero27; 10-02-2014 at 08:34 PM. Reason: Clarification and formatting

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »