Home

Editing Rosters in Connected Franchise

This is a discussion on Editing Rosters in Connected Franchise within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2014, 02:27 AM   #57
MVP

StefJoeHalt's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Editing Rosters in Connected Franchise

Bucky I agree with everything your saying except this..."What ancient coding base? CFM was just developed new." CFM mode maybe new but the base "code" for the game has been built upon for yearssss..one of the EA guys even made mention of such..current EA employees I believe don't know exactly what is underneath the "engine" of Madden..hence the reason for all the legacy issue that are still in the game..I would venture to guess that if there was editing in the game we would have "big arm" or "shoulder pad" issues again..what shocks me is we are now on a new console and the issues have never been resolved just "locked away"..same with getting answer to what each slider effects..I have been following clint on Twitter and several times people have asked for an explanation of sliders but he doesn't..even past dev's of Madden never truly answered this..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
Old 10-03-2014, 09:19 AM   #58
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
I have no problem with Bucky, we have disagreed and agreed in the past. He is a consumer and that is his opinion, I just didn't like the tone of him speaking for every consumer and his word was the only one that was correct. Maybe I misread it or misunderstood what he was saying but that is the way I took it.
You misread and misunderstood.
Old 10-03-2014, 09:22 AM   #59
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt
Bucky I agree with everything your saying except this..."What ancient coding base? CFM was just developed new." CFM mode maybe new but the base "code" for the game has been built upon for yearssss..one of the EA guys even made mention of such..current EA employees I believe don't know exactly what is underneath the "engine" of Madden..hence the reason for all the legacy issue that are still in the game..I would venture to guess that if there was editing in the game we would have "big arm" or "shoulder pad" issues again..what shocks me is we are now on a new console and the issues have never been resolved just "locked away"..same with getting answer to what each slider effects..I have been following clint on Twitter and several times people have asked for an explanation of sliders but he doesn't..even past dev's of Madden never truly answered this..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you go back, I said CFM is new, but I also said the gameplay crew is dealing with the ancient code base. But CFM was just developed new. CFM should be new code.
Old 10-03-2014, 11:18 AM   #60
Pro

superxero27's Arena

OVR: 2

Give it up guys, this guy clearly not only knows the one solution to fix the game, he has enough intimate knowledge of not only the inner workings Madden's coding, but the desires of customers and what both customers and developers should value. And since he repeats the same point (and uses all caps) he doesn't have to consider anything else because he must be right because he works in software design somewhere.

Case closed.

My teams:
NFL - Minnesota Vikings, Arizona Cardinals
NCAAF/B - Arizona Wildcats, Northern Arizona Lumberjacks, North Texas Mean Green

I find it amusing that the OS icon for NAU is 20 years (and three rebrands!) out of date.
Old 10-03-2014, 11:48 AM   #61
Pro

michapop9's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by superxero27
Give it up guys, this guy clearly not only knows the one solution to fix the game, he has enough intimate knowledge of not only the inner workings Madden's coding, but the desires of customers and what both customers and developers should value. And since he repeats the same point (and uses all caps) he doesn't have to consider anything else because he must be right because he works in software design somewhere.

Case closed.

your wisdom is blinding, your arguments cant be argued with, for you to even post this shows your tolerance and character for giving us ignoramus's the time of day.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2014, 11:51 AM   #62
Banned

Quote:
Give it up guys, this guy clearly not only knows the one solution to fix the game, he has enough intimate knowledge of not only the inner workings Madden's coding, but the desires of customers and what both customers and developers should value.
I made some common sense points.

I never defined the desires of customers, just said the view the developers took puts limitations on customers. Please try and be accurate in your postings.

Quote:
And since he repeats the same point (and uses all caps) he doesn't have to consider anything else because he must be right because he works in software design somewhere.
Again, I've made common sense points. If you want to have an intellectual and adult convo about this, fine. I've been completely respectful to you in my responses to you and will continue to be. You're the one that has been repeatedly immature in your responses.
Old 10-03-2014, 09:11 PM   #63
Pro

superxero27's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
I made some common sense points.

I never defined the desires of customers, just said the view the developers took puts limitations on customers. Please try and be accurate in your postings.

Again, I've made common sense points. If you want to have an intellectual and adult convo about this, fine. I've been completely respectful to you in my responses to you and will continue to be. You're the one that has been repeatedly immature in your responses.
Keep telling yourself that if it makes you happy.

Allow me to reiterate: I AGREE, full editing should be enabled as an option at least. Why isn't it? We don't know and it would be presumptuous and foolish to presume that we do.

What we do know, however, is that when CFM launched in M13, devs stated that player editing inside CFM introduced wacky issues and messed up progression so they didn't include it that year. We know from other threads here that a lot of the game is built on top of very old coding, (yes even new modes, since it would be more efficient to only generate new code as absolutely necessary. A lot of the old franchise coding might still be buried in there, we DONT KNOW) and sometimes unforseen conflicts arise.
We know the yearly dev cycle is short. Perhaps too short.
We know that EA is putting a lot of chips on XP-based progression, scouting and confidence mechanics.
We know that EA announced a focus on making online and offline cfm the same experience as much as possible.
Full ratings editing would have the potential to undermine those last two points in major ways. Never mind we still have the problem of we DONT KNOW what else might get messed up as per my first point. It's possible there are other reasons, I have no idea, I'm not on the development team. And I suspect neither are the rest of you.

I'm not talking about the ideal state of affairs regarding Madden (how it should be) I'm talking about the actual state of affairs regarding the game.

So, GIVEN these above points, (and EA/Tiburon's record of "fixing" things) incredulously implying that developers should value the same things an individual on OS might and proclaiming a simple fix when, frankly, WE DONT KNOW how ... um....er.....funky(?) the games coding is hardly common sense.

My teams:
NFL - Minnesota Vikings, Arizona Cardinals
NCAAF/B - Arizona Wildcats, Northern Arizona Lumberjacks, North Texas Mean Green

I find it amusing that the OS icon for NAU is 20 years (and three rebrands!) out of date.
Old 10-03-2014, 09:28 PM   #64
Just started!

OVR: 0

This could all be fixable if they just allowed us to change players names in connected franchise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »