Home

Can't resign players due to lack of available funds?

This is a discussion on Can't resign players due to lack of available funds? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2014, 03:03 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Can't resign players due to lack of available funds?

I have only been through one resigning phase and it worked the same for me as last year (like I explained above). So I guess I am not very much help haha
Old 08-28-2014, 03:16 PM   #18
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
from what i understand last year was the same.

Founds goes directly to Signing Bonus

What you can do is sign for a larger salary with less bonuses.
Nope, I'm In my first offseason with the Bills. Had 12.1 mil in funds. Offered Marcel dareus a deal for 8 mil salary, 2 mil bonus. Now only have 2 mil left in funds. Apparently it counts the per year+salary and takes that out of your funds. So I basically have money to sign one guy despite having 34 mil in cap room. That makes zero sense.

Edit: I'm wrong. it does go directly to signing bonus. But not on a per year basis. So if you offer a guy 5 years with a 1 mil bonus it's going to take 5 mil out of funds immediately and not 1 mil each year.

Last edited by lopey986; 08-28-2014 at 03:18 PM.
Old 08-28-2014, 03:28 PM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Edit: I'm wrong. it does go directly to signing bonus. But not on a per year basis. So if you offer a guy 5 years with a 1 mil bonus it's going to take 5 mil out of funds immediately and not 1 mil each year.
Correct. I think this is where people are having some confusion. Some people will give guys a 5 year contract with a 5.4 million dollar bonus. That is guaranteed money, so it takes all 27 mill out right now from "Funds Available". It makes sense to do this to keep things simplistic. People don't want to do accounting, they want to play a video game haha
Old 08-28-2014, 03:30 PM   #20
Rookie

chadex's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lopey986
Nope, I'm In my first offseason with the Bills. Had 12.1 mil in funds. Offered Marcel dareus a deal for 8 mil salary, 2 mil bonus. Now only have 2 mil left in funds. Apparently it counts the per year+salary and takes that out of your funds. So I basically have money to sign one guy despite having 34 mil in cap room. That makes zero sense.

Yup, learned that last night when I was 12 games deep into my Lions franchise and I had to resign Suh/Fairley. That killed it for me, and now I shall be on my way to playing as a coach.
Old 08-28-2014, 03:30 PM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharding16
Correct. I think this is where people are having some confusion. Some people will give guys a 5 year contract with a 5.4 million dollar bonus. That is guaranteed money, so it takes all 27 mill out right now from "Funds Available". It makes sense to do this to keep things simplistic. People don't want to do accounting, they want to play a video game haha
Yeah. Well I got confused because after signing Dareus I went to -1 mil in funds, but I can't even sign guys who want 0 signing bonus either. I'm gonna have a hell of a time fielding a team! Lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2014, 05:33 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lopey986
Yeah. Well I got confused because after signing Dareus I went to -1 mil in funds, but I can't even sign guys who want 0 signing bonus either. I'm gonna have a hell of a time fielding a team! Lol
i understand they want to make it hard, but it was not executed properly. Teams have $$ and to think they have about $5 million to start every year is a joke.

Old 08-28-2014, 07:32 PM   #23
Rookie

titit32000's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadex
Yup, learned that last night when I was 12 games deep into my Lions franchise and I had to resign Suh/Fairley. That killed it for me, and now I shall be on my way to playing as a coach.
but as a coach won't you still sign players??(always played owner mode, new tried the coach mode)???
Old 08-28-2014, 09:16 PM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by titit32000
but as a coach won't you still sign players??(always played owner mode, new tried the coach mode)???
I guess when you're a coach you can sign guys based on your cap room only, no worrying about funds or anything like that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »