Home

Can't resign players due to lack of available funds?

This is a discussion on Can't resign players due to lack of available funds? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2014, 10:02 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Can't resign players due to lack of available funds?

I'm trying to simulate a few seasons so I can start playing in 2016 however whenever I go to resign a player it says I do not have the available funds. I have plenty of cap space but I only have like 5 mil in available funds. Is anyone else running into this issue? I am playing as the Bills and like 3 of my top 5 players are in the last year of their contract and I'd like to keep them around. I thought maybe it's the team since Buffalo is a small market franchise but I started a new CFM as the Cowboys and the same thing happened I only start with 7 mil and end the season with around 5 mil and can't resign any player who wants over ~5 mil per year. In the past I thought it only depended on your cap space, am I wrong? I don't recall having this problem last year. If this is the case for every team then nobody will be able to resign their top players the first year.

XBL - ProgektMayhem
PSN - ProgektMayhem

Yell at me on twitter @ProgektMayhem
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2014, 10:05 PM   #2
Rookie

titit32000's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Can't resign players due to lack of available funds?

Me to, I'm using the Vikings and I sim for a year I had a negative 8 mil on my fund, I need help what should I do...
Old 08-27-2014, 10:17 PM   #3
MVP

brent3419's Arena

OVR: 6

from what ive seen the reasons why you lose alot of money is signing with a large signing bonus that for ea's logic uses your funds and not fielding a winning team also causes you to not gain funds. each home game i get up to 6-10 mil per home game, each road game you usually decrease at about 2-5 mil per home game. one thing i can suggest to the best of my ability is to have atleast a winning season and dont sign players with large signing bonuses and keep your sellable items cheap but profitable

Sent from the landmass between new orleans and mobile on Tapatalk
MLB: Boston Red Sox, Atlanta Braves
MLS: Seattle Sounders
NCAAFB: Miami (FL), Mississippi State, Arkansas
International Soccer: AC Milan, PSG, US National Soccer, German National Soccer
Old 08-28-2014, 02:26 AM   #4
Rookie

titit32000's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by brent3419
from what ive seen the reasons why you lose alot of money is signing with a large signing bonus that for ea's logic uses your funds and not fielding a winning team also causes you to not gain funds. each home game i get up to 6-10 mil per home game, each road game you usually decrease at about 2-5 mil per home game. one thing i can suggest to the best of my ability is to have atleast a winning season and dont sign players with large signing bonuses and keep your sellable items cheap but profitable

Sent from the landmass between new orleans and mobile on Tapatalk
Thanks for the advice, in my first year, I only get a mil at home and I lost 3 mil on the road. Can I restructure some contracts?
Old 08-28-2014, 11:22 AM   #5
Rookie

K9Sig's Arena

OVR: 1

The workaround for that in M25 was to just not give signing bonuses. I finally got tired of messing with it and just played as a coach. You don't have to worry about funds, just the salary cap.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2014, 11:33 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Sig
The workaround for that in M25 was to just not give signing bonuses. I finally got tired of messing with it and just played as a coach. You don't have to worry about funds, just the salary cap.
It's so sad how much they've broken by adding new features. I wish backwards compatibility worked and i could just play madden 06 forever.
Old 08-28-2014, 11:36 AM   #7
Just started!

Funds are really annoying, I can't even build a team anymore like I used to in the past. Maybe I will have to give the Coach Career a chance then.
Old 08-28-2014, 11:43 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiffMcGee
Funds are really annoying, I can't even build a team anymore like I used to in the past. Maybe I will have to give the Coach Career a chance then.
I forget where I saw it (maybe on pastapadre) but it was actually remarked that EA tried to make Owner Mode MORE challenging this year for small market franchises. If you're playing as a franchise that doesn't have full attendance or worse, has a rebuilding team and has to wait a few years to fill out their roster and make the playoffs, it's nearly impossible to finish seasons with positive team funds. Unfortunately though, EA seems to think we want more restrictions on what we can do in Owner Mode, not more.

All they'd need to do is have the team make a realistic amount of merchandise, TV, etc money, or add a slider to remove the "team funds" dynamic. Or, just have the owner begin with a realistic sum of money. We're usually talking about billionaires here, and the idea of starting with $5 million in team funds is laughable.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »